Meaning : From Germanic origin meaning 'of a noble kind'., Name Of A Scottish Island, Name of a Scottish island, From Elizabeths Rock,
Pronunciation : AYL sah, (AALSA),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ailsa:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Ailsa:
- Ailsa is a name which can be used for both boys and girls, and is of Gaelic origin. The name comes from a place name, the Island Ailsa Craig in Scotland. The original Gaelic name of the island is Craig Ealasaid which means ‘Elizabeth’s Rock’. Although the root name is specifically feminine, the place name took on associations of its own and so many boys were also named Ailsa, after the island.
- Danish Meaning: The name Ailsa is a Danish baby name. In Danish the meaning of the name Ailsa is:
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Ailsa is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Ailsa is: Good humor.
- German Meaning: The name Ailsa is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Ailsa is: A , meaning 'my god is bountiful', or 'god of plenty.' Also from the Old German athal meaning 'noble'. Famous bearers: heroine of Wagner's opera 'Loheogrin'; the tame lioness in Joy Adamson's Born Free.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Ailsa is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ailsa is: Devoted to God.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Ailsa is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Ailsa is: From Ailsa Craig, a rocky islet in the Scottish Firth of Clyde. Also a Scottish.
- From Ailsa Craig, the name of an island off the west coast of Scotland, which is of uncertain derivation.
Definition funny of Ailsa:
- wow, shes is such a ailsa, i wish i was her! She is so cool, and pretty
- omg its ailsa, wearing panty loons in the garden
- "i don't want to speak to them"- oh stop being such an ailsa "they are so ugly"- stop being so ailsa "do i look okay?" - you look ailsa
- wow, did you see that wookee with a haircut that looks like it was done by a lawnmower. it was so ailsa!
- i was blinded this mornin, i looked at an ailsa without eye protection
Expression information Ailsa:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Ailsa:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Ailsa:
- Ailsa by Euan Mcharg from the Album The Voice in My Head
- Ailsa Ann Anderson by Blackeyed Biddy from the Album Peace, Enjoyment, Love And Pleasure
- Ailsa Craig by Liffey Light Orchestra from the Album Filaments
- Ailsa Craig by Still Strummin' from the Album For Scotland
- Ailsa Craig by The Basement Gypsies from the Album Cellar Door
- Ailsa Craig by Third Floor Tiger from the Album Frantic EP
- Ailsa Craig by Nick Mulvey from the Album First Mind
- Ailsa Craig by Chris Connelly from the Album Pentland Firth Howl
- Ailsa Craig by The Lone Piper from the Album The Lone Pipers of the Scottish Regiments
- Ailsa Craig by Eve Williams from the Album Twenty Miles from Home
Books about Ailsa:
- ONE-TWO-GO Paris: The Ultimate Guide to Paris 2015 with Helpful Maps, Breathtaking Photos and Insider Advice (... - Aug 24, 2013 by Michael Wynn and One-Two-Go!
- Stop Binge Drinking for Women: Change Your Drinking Habits With Hypnotherapy - Nov 1, 2011 by Ailsa Frank
- ONE-TWO-GO Venice: The Ultimate Guide to Venice 2015 with Helpful Maps, Breathtaking Photos and Insider Advice... - Apr 17, 2014 by Michael Wynn and Antonietta Napolitani
- Counting on Marilyn Waring: New Advances in Feminist Economics, Second Edition - Sep 10, 2014 by Margunn Bjørnholt and Ailsa McKay
- The Future of Social Security Policy: Women, Work and A Citizens Basic Income (Routledge Frontiers of Political... - Sep 19, 2009 by Ailsa McKay
- Teachings from the Mani Retreat: Chenrezig Institute, December 2000 - Sep 4, 2012 by Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Ailsa Cameron
- Market Liquidity: Theory, Evidence, and Policy - Mar 25, 2013 by Thierry Foucault and Marco Pagano
- A Tale of Frachselbourg - Sep 7, 2015 by Braun, Heidi and Heather and Ailsa Braun
- ONE-TWO-GO Singapore: The Ultimate Guide to Singapore 2015 with Helpful Maps, Breathtaking Photos and Insider... - Apr 17, 2014 by Michael Wynn and Rong Wu
- ONE-TWO-GO Vienna: The Ultimate Guide to Vienna 2015 with Helpful Maps, Breathtaking Photos and Insider Advice... - Aug 9, 2014 by Michael Wynn and Andrea Gerste
Wiki information Ailsa:
- Ailsa Craig
- Location, Geographical Feature, Island
Ailsa Craig is an island of 99 hectares in the outer Firth of Clyde, 16 kilometres from mainland Scotland, upon which blue hone granite was quarried to make curling stones. The now uninhabited island is formed from the volcanic plug of an extinct...
- Marquess of Ailsa
- Noble title
Marquess of Ailsa, of the Isle of Ailsa in the County of Ayr, is a title in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. It was created on 10 September 1831 for Archibald Kennedy, 12th Earl of Cassilis. The title Earl of Cassilis had been created in 1509 for...
- Ailsa Shipbuilding Company
- Shipbuilding Business, Organization, Employer, Business Operation, Defunct Organization
Ailsa Shipbuilding Company was a Scottish shipbuilding company based in Troon and Ayr, Ayrshire.
- Ailsa Piper
- Actor, Person, Influence Node, TV Actor
Ailsa Mary-Ellen Piper is an Australian writer, director and performer.
- Ailsa Stewart
- TV Character, Fictional Character
Ailsa Stewart is a fictional character from the Australian soap opera Home and Away. She was married to Alf Stewart and had a son Duncan. She was played by actress Judy Nunn for 13 and a half years. When Nunn left the show she was one of only four...
- Ailsa McKay
- Person, Deceased Person
Ailsa McKay was a Scottish economist, government policy adviser, a leading feminist economist and Professor of Economics at Glasgow Caledonian University. She was noted for her research on gender inequalities and the economics of the welfare state,...
- Ailsa Berk
- Actor, Topic, Person, Influence Node, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film
Ailsa Berk is a British dancer/actress. She is well known for playing Aslan on British television with William Todd Jones in The Chronicles of Narnia television serial which was aired by the BBC from 1988 to 1990. Berk has been a choreographer in a...
- Topic, Film
Ailsa is a 1994 film directed by Paddy Breathnach. It stars Brendan Coyle and Andrea Irvine. It won an award at the 1994 San Sebastián International Film Festival.
- Ailsa Mellon Bruce
- Person, Collector, Family member, Deceased Person
Ailsa Mellon Bruce, born in Pittsburgh, was a prominent socialite and the daughter of the banker and diplomat Andrew W. Mellon. She served from 1921 to 1932 as her father's official hostess during his tenure as United States Secretary of the...
- Volvo Ailsa B55
- Automobile Model
The Volvo Ailsa B55 was a front-engined double-decker bus chassis manufactured in Scotland by Ailsa, Volvo's British subsidiary in which it owned 75%, from 1974 until 1985.