Meaning : Little Rock, Little rock, Rock, From Celtic origin meaning 'harmony, peace' derived from the elements ailin and alun.,
Pronunciation : (al-AN), AL-ən (English) , A lun,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Alan:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Alan:
- Alan is of Celtic origin, with the uncertain derivation being from a word meaning 'rock'. It was introduced into England by followers of William the Conqueror.
- English Meaning: The name Alan is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Alan is: Fair; handsome. Famous Bearer: U.S. actor Alan Alda.
- American Meaning: The name Alan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Alan is: Fair; handsome. Famous Bearer: U.S. actor Alan Alda.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Alan is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Alan is: Harmony, stone, or noble. Also fair, handsome. Originally a saint's name, it was reintroduced to Britain during the Norman Conquest, remained popular throughout the Middle Ages, and was revived in the 19th century. See also Allen.
- The meaning of this name is not known for certain. It was used in Brittany at least as early as the 6th century, and it possibly means either "little rock" or "handsome" in Breton. Alternatively, it may derive from the tribal name of the Alans, an Iranian people who migrated into Europe in the 4th and 5th centuries. This was the name of several dukes of Brittany, and Breton settlers introduced it to England after the Norman conquest. Famous modern bearers include Alan Shepard (1923-1998), the first American in space and the fifth man to walk on the moon, and Alan Turing (1912-1954), a British mathematician and computer scientist.
Definition funny of Alan:
- I just played some baseball, and really had an Alan time out there, and was just being a winner. When you go into the club, just alan it. Be like him. Be cool, act cool, be cool. Synonyms: tough guy, smart, brilliant, charming, awesome, cool, badass, the king, high and mighty, the chaffeur,the connoisseur, the pimp Antonyms: anti-cool, loner, misogynistic, pervert, perv, wimp Related words: tough, cool, wise, charming, the bruiser, the enforcer Misspellings: allen, allan, allon, alon, alen, elan, alun
- Look there's my boyfriend! Omg he's THE Alan? Yes!!
- Alan is a beast
- What do you think of James Bond? Oh, he's totally Alan. You should see my new neighbour, he's so Alan.
- Alan is the one I want to be with for the rest of my life.
- When girls see Alan skate down the ice they scream and throw themselves onto it, just to hope he will notice them. Wow, you are such an Alan!!!
- "Hey Alan" "Hiya Hannah" "How are you?" "I'm alright, thanks, how are you?" "I'm alright I suppose" "What's wrong?" ^Always wants to help make things better<3
Expression information Alan:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Alan:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Alan:
- Alan Is A Cowboy Killer - Mclusky
- Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast - Pink Floyd
- Get Out of the Grave, Alan - Hilt
- It's Five O' Clock Somewhere (Alan Jackson And Jimmy Buffett) by Alan Jackson Duet with Jimmy Buffett from the Album 34 Number Ones
- As She's Walking Away (Feat. Alan Jackson) by Zac Brown Band from the Album As She's Walking Away (Feat. Alan Jackson)
- As She's Walking Away (feat. Alan Jackson) by Zac Brown Band from the Album Greatest Hits So Far...
- As She's Walking Away (feat. Alan Jackson) by Zac Brown Band from the Album You Get What You Give
- A Good Year For The Roses (Album Version) [feat. Alan Jackson] by George Jones from the Album Bradley Barn Sessions
- It's Five O'Clock Somewhere (Alan Jackson And Jimmy Buffett) by Alan Jackson Duet with Jimmy Buffett from the Album The Essential Alan Jackson
- Hello Muddah Hello Faddah (A Letter from Camp) [Originally Performed by Alan Sherman] [Instrumental] by The Backing Track Professionals from the Album Backing Track Attack - 10 Professional Backing Tracks, Vol. 7
Books about Alan:
- Alan Turing: The Enigma: The Book That Inspired the Film "The Imitation Game" - Nov 10, 2014 by Andrew Hodges and Douglas Hofstadter
- Metal Boxes - Trapped Outside - Aug 24, 2015 by Alan Black
- Management: Take Charge of Your Team: Communication, Leadership, Coaching and Conflict Resolution (Team Management... - Jul 15, 2015 by Alan Anderson
- Metal Boxes - Sep 20, 2013 by Alan Black
- American History: Connecting with the Past Volume 2 - Jun 9, 2011 by Alan Brinkley
- The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are - Aug 28, 1989 by Alan Watts
- The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety - Feb 8, 2011 by Alan W. Watts
- Cry, the Beloved Country - Nov 1, 2003 by Alan Paton
- The Case Against the Iran Deal: How Can We Now Stop Iran from Getting Nukes? - Aug 11, 2015 by Alan Dershowitz
- Gettysburg, 1913: The Complete Novel of the Great Reunion - Dec 3, 2014 by Alan Simon
Movies about Alan:
- Decoding Alan Turing2007 NR CC
- The Mindscape of Alan Moore2015 NR CC
- Time Machine: The Journey Back starring Rod Taylor & Alan Young2009 NR
- Gregory Alan Isakov2013 NR CC
- 92Y-Alan Alda with Roger Rosenblatt: Talking About Talking (September 23, 2007)2011 NR CC
- The Essential Lectures Of Alan Watts, Season 11972 CC
- Alan Watts On Eastern Wisdom & Modern Life, Season 11971 CC
- Alan Partridge2014 R CC
- 92Y - Alan Zweibel in Conversation with Susie Essman (September 15, 2008)2011 NR CC
- 92Y-Alan Dershowitz vs. Dennis Prager: The Left, the Right and Judaism in America (October 8, 2009)2011 NR CC
Wiki information Alan:
- Alan Turing
- Mathematician, Computer Scientist, Influence Node, Literature Subject, Computer Designer, Person, Name source, Chivalric Order Member, Academic, Quotation
Alan Mathison Turing, OBE, FRS was a British pioneering computer scientist, mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst, mathematical biologist, and marathon and ultra distance runner. He was highly influential in the development of computer science,...
- Alan Shepard
- Astronaut, Identity, Topic, Deceased Person, Person, Name source, Author, Person or entity appearing in film, Person Or Being In Fiction, Military Person
Alan Bartlett "Al" Shepard, Jr., was an American naval officer and aviator, test pilot, flag officer, one of the original NASA Mercury Seven astronauts, and businessman, who in 1961 became the second person and the first American to travel into...
- Alan Sugar
- Organization founder, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Organization leader, Author, TV Actor, Politician, TV Personality, Award Nominee, Person
Alan Michael Sugar, Baron Sugar is an English business magnate, media personality, and political advisor. According to the Sunday Times Rich List 2015, Sugar has joined the “billionaire’s club" with an estimated fortune of £1.04bn, and is ranked as...
- Alan Moore
- Novelist, Film writer, Identity, Film actor, Musical Artist, Lyricist, Film producer, Musician, Award Winner, Person
Alan Moore is an English writer primarily known for his work in comic books including Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and From Hell. Frequently described as the best graphic novel writer in history, he has been called "one of the most important British...
- Alan Dershowitz
- Professor, Academic, Influence Node, TV program guest, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, TV Actor, Person, Author, Identity
Alan Morton Dershowitz is an American lawyer, jurist, author, and political commentator. He is a prominent scholar on United States constitutional law and criminal law, and a leading defender of civil liberties. He spent most of his career at Harvard...
- Alan Cumming
- Actor, Theater Actor, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Award Nominee, Author, Topic, Film producer, Musician
Alan Cumming, OBE, is a Scottish-American actor, author, and activist who has appeared in numerous films, television shows and plays. His London stage appearances include Hamlet, the Maniac in Accidental Death of an Anarchist, the lead in Bent, and...
- Alan Watts
- Philosopher, Person, Deceased Person, Mountaineer, Musical Artist, Influence Node, Author, Identity, Musician, Composer
Alan Wilson Watts was a British-born philosopher, writer, and speaker, best known as an interpreter and populariser of Eastern philosophy for a Western audience. Born in Chislehurst, England, he moved to the United States in 1938 and began Zen...
- Alan Rickman
- Actor, Theater Actor, Theater Director, Identity, Film writer, Fictional Character Creator, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Person
Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman is an English actor. Rickman is a former member of the Royal Shakespeare Company in both modern and classical theatre productions. His breakout performance was his 1985 role as the Vicomte de Valmont in the play Les...
- Singer, Composer, Person, Musician, Lyricist, Featured artist, Award Nominee, Musical Artist
Alan Dawa Dolma, professionally known as Alan, is a female Chinese singer of Tibetan ethnicity active in the Japanese music industry. Discovered by Avex Trax at an audition in China in 2006, she made her debut in Japan the following year. Her main...
- Alan Jackson
- Country Artist, TV Actor, Literature Subject, Award Nominee, Person, Composer, Topic, Award Winner, Broadcast Artist, Musician
Alan Eugene Jackson is an American singer, songwriter and musician, known for blending traditional honky tonk and mainstream country sounds and penning many of his own hits. He has recorded 15 studio albums, three Greatest Hits albums, two Christmas...