Meaning : Defender Of The People, Defender of the People, From the Scottish origin 'defender of men', 'Alistair' is a variant of 'Alexander' and is common in the English language,
Pronunciation : (AELahSTEHR), AL is ter,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Alastair:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Alastair:
- Alastair is the Gaelic equivalent of the masculine name Alexander, and both are said to mean ‘Defender of the People’. The name Alastair has several spelling variations and shortened forms, such as Ally and Alec. Alastair Reynolds is a Welsh science fiction author, and Alastair Cambell is a British journalist and politician.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Alastair is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Alastair is: Defender of man.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Alastair is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Alastair is: defender of mankind.
- Greek Meaning: The name Alastair is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Alastair is: Defender; protector of mankind. Famous Bearer: Alexander the Great.
- Anglicized form of ALASDAIR
Definition funny of Alastair:
- Jake is turning into an alastair... no i wouldnt say hes that good :P
- I wish Alastair was mine.. Haha you can't have him cause he's MINE!!!
- I wish I could pose like an Alastair
- Alastair is a chode.
- Susan: "Wow, Gab is such an Alastair!" Samantha: "I know!"
- Right, i've got dip, carrot sticks, and alastair sticks.. Time to PARTY!!
- alastair has very ginger hair. have you seen that sheep he's been chasing lately?
Expression information Alastair:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Alastair:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Alastair:
- Lucia di Lammermoor/"Al ben de' tuoi, qual vittima" (Andrea Rost, Alastair Miles) by Sir Charles Mackerras;The Hanover Band;Andrea Rost;London Voices from the Album Donizetti: Lucia di Lammermoor
- The Hag and the Turn / Alastair and Duin / Willie Rutherford's Rant (The Three Little Jigs Medley) by Enter The Haggis from the Album Only When I Sleep: Celtic Songs, Vol. 5
- "Al ben de' tuoi, qual vittima" (Andrea Rost, Alastair Miles) by Sir Charles Mackerras;The Hanover Band;Andrea Rost;London Voices from the Album Donizetti: Lucia di Lammermoor - The Sony Opera House
- Alastair by Matt Fishel from the Album Not Thinking Straight [Explicit]
- Alastair has the Purple Sock Blues by Personalized Kid Music from the Album Personalized Melodies About Alastair
- Alastair Hunter's Reel (8x32 Reel) by Muriel Johnstone's Scottish Dance Band from the Album 15 Social Dances
- Alastair is a C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N by Personalized Kid Music from the Album Alastair, Let's Sing For Jesus
- Alastair is Dreaming of Twinkle Stars by Personalized Kid Music from the Album Personalized Melodies About Alastair
- Alastair John by Bernadette from the Album Back On The Road Again
- Alastair McAlastair [Explicit] by Alastair Mc Alastair from the Album Why I Ottawa! [Explicit]
Books about Alastair:
- Alastair (Ghosts of Ophidian Book 2) - Apr 2, 2013 by Scott McElhaney
- Alastair: Drawings and Illustrations - Aug 17, 2011 by Baron Hans Henning Voigt and David A. Beronä
- Revelation Space - May 28, 2002 by Alastair Reynolds
- Slow Bullets - Jun 9, 2015 by Alastair Reynolds
- Deep Navigation, Second Edition - Apr 4, 2011 by Alastair Reynolds and Ann A. Broomhead
- Into The Trees - Dec 6, 2013 by J. Alastair Nash
- Alastair, Illustrator of Decadence - Oct 1979 by Hans Henning Von Voigt and Victor Arwas
- On the Steel Breeze - May 26, 2015 by Alastair Reynolds
- Redemption Ark (Revelation Space) - May 25, 2004 by Alastair Reynolds
- Thunder and Sunshine: Around the World by Bike, Part Two: Riding Home from Patagonia - Oct 1, 2015 by Alastair Humphreys
Movies about Alastair:
- Elgar - The Dream of Gerontius / Philip Langridge, Catherine Wyn-Rogers, Alastair Miles, Andrew Davis, BBC Symphony...2006 NR
- Alastair Sim Collection - 5-DVD Set Unrated
- A Christmas Carol (1971) Animated DVD (1972) Made for TV with Alastair Sim, Michael Redgrave1971
- A Christmas Carol1951
- Charlie Rose - Brain Stimulation / Alastair Campbell
- Alastair Sim Collection
- A Christmas Carol: Scrooge(1951) Alastair Sim,Kathleen Harrison
- Charles Dickens, a Christmas Carol, Color Version, Alastair Sim As Scrooge
- The Prince and Princess of Wales talking personally with Alastair Burnet by Prince Charles and Princess Diana
- La Caja Oblonga (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2013) Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Alastair W Unrated
Wiki information Alastair:
- Alastair Cook
- TV Actor, Measured person, Identity, Cricket Player, Athlete, Cricket Bowler, Person, Sports team captain
Alastair Nathan Cook, MBE is an English cricketer. A left-handed opening batsman, he is the captain of the England Test team and former ODI captain, and plays county cricket for Essex. Cook played for Essex's Academy and made his debut for the first...
- Alastair Sim
- Actor, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Chivalric Order Member, TV Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Person
Alastair George Bell Sim, CBE, was a Scottish character actor who began his theatrical career at the age of thirty, but quickly became established as a popular West End performer, remaining so until his death in 1976. He also appeared in more than...
- Alastair Reynolds
- Novelist, Influence Node, Author, Award Nominee, Fictional universe creator, Person, Award Winner
Alastair Preston Reynolds is a British science fiction author. He specialises in dark hard science fiction and space opera. He spent his early years in Cornwall, moved back to Wales before going to Newcastle, where he read physics and astronomy....
- Alastair Campbell
- Identity, Author, Person, TV Actor, Politician, Topic
Alastair John Campbell is a British journalist, broadcaster, political aide and author, best known for his work as Director of Communications and Strategy for prime minister Tony Blair between 1997 and 2003. Campbell describes himself as a...
- TV Character, Fictional Character
Alastair is a fictional character on The CW Television Network's drama and horror television series Supernatural, appearing in its fourth season. A particularly infamous torturer in Hell, he is portrayed in succession by actors Mark Rolston, Andrew...
- Alastair Duncan
- Actor, Influence Node, Video Game Actor, Film actor, TV Actor, Person
Alastair Neil Duncan is a Scottish television, film and stage actor, and real estate broker. He is sometimes credited as Neil Duncan.
- Alastair Stewart
- TV Host, Person, TV Personality, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film
Alastair James Stewart OBE is an English journalist and newscaster, currently employed by ITN where he is a main newscaster for ITV News. Stewart joined Southern Television in 1976 then joined ITN in 1980 where he served 3 years with Channel 4 News...
- Alastair Mackenzie
- Actor, Influence Node, TV Actor, Film actor, Person, Film writer, Topic
Alastair Mackenzie is a Scottish actor. He was born in Trinafour, near Perth and educated at Westbourne House School and Glenalmond College in Perthshire. Mackenzie left home at the age of 18 and moved to London. Though best known as having played...
- Deceased Person, Person
Hans Henning Otto Harry Baron von Voigt, best known by his nickname Alastair, was a German artist, composer, dancer, mime, poet, singer and translator.
- Alastair Clarkson
- Coach, Identity, Public figure with medical condition, Person, Measured person, Athlete, Sports team coach
Alastair Clarkson is a former Australian rules footballer and the current coach of the Hawthorn Football Club. With three AFL premierships, three McClelland Trophies and three All-Australian Team appearances, Clarkson is considered to be one of...