Meaning : Alma is a variant of the name Amalia, meaning 'nourishing', 'kind', 'imitating', 'rivaling' (Latin), 'girl', 'secret', 'maiden' (Hebrew), 'soul' (Italian) and 'work' (Gothic)., Gentle and Loving, Nourishing,
Pronunciation : (AELMah), AL-mə (English) , AL mah,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Alma:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Alma:
- Alma is a name of Latin origin where it referred to someone who was gentle or loving, in other places it could mean 'spirit'. It became popular in the UK after the Crimean 'Battle of Alma'. It was the name of a character in Coronation Street, Alma Baldwin.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Alma is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Alma is: Spirit.
- American Meaning: The name Alma is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Alma is: Spirit.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Alma is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Alma is: Good.
- Irish Meaning: The name Alma is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Alma is: All good.
- Italian Meaning: The name Alma is an Italian baby name. In Italian the meaning of the name Alma is: Soul. Rarely used before the 1854 Crimean War Battle of Alma, but subsequently very fashionable.
- Latin Meaning: The name Alma is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Alma is: Kind. Loving. The soul. Rarely used before the 1854 Crimean War Battle of Alma, but subsequently very fashionable.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Alma is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Alma is: Loving.
- This name became popular after the Battle of Alma (1854), which took place near the River Alma in Crimea and ended in a victory for Britain and France. However, the name was in rare use before the battle; it was probably inspired by Latin almus "nourishing". It also coincides with the Spanish word meaning "the soul".
Definition funny of Alma:
- alma is sexy ass heck!!
- hey, whats your name? guess, i love streb, pinkberry even off the ground! well whats my name? ALMA!!!
- Fabian's Alma GOT em through the day.
- Shine on me Crazy Almas !
- I almost finished level 10!... until Alma killed me.
- he's soooooooooooo lovable, such an Almas!
- You're so Almas
Expression information Alma:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Alma:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Alma:
- Alma - Tom Lehrer
- Alma Matters - Morrissey
- Se Va Muriendo Mi Alma by La Séptima Banda from the Album Segurito Segurito
- Se Va Muriendo Mi Alma by Remmy Valenzuela from the Album Mi Vida En Vida
- Las Llaves De Mi Alma (Album Version) by Vicente Fernández from the Album La Historia De Un Idolo
- Alma de Guerreiro / Anda no Meu Mundo / Que Eu Mais Quero (Ao Vivo) by Scorsa from the Album Scorsa (Acoustic and Rough Sessions)
- Se Va Muriendo Mi Alma by Marco Antonio Solís from the Album Trozos De Mi Alma
- Partiendome El Alma by Chelo from the Album Puñalada Trapera
- Luto en el Alma by Los Terrícolas from the Album 16 Exitos Originales de Los Terricolas
- Un Alma Mas (feat. Arturo Sandoval) by Josh Groban from the Album All That Echoes
Books about Alma:
- Alma - Sep 1, 2015 by Lena Simmons
- Alma - Sep 1, 2009 by H.B. Moore
- ALMA: Eu não quero perdão. Desejo ser castigada. (Duologia PELE e ALMA Livro 2) (Portuguese Edition) - Sep 3, 2015 by Bya Campista
- My Name Is Maria Isabel - Sep 1, 1995 by Alma Flor Ada and K. Dyble Thompson
- Almas Sedientas: Visitas Sobrenaturales, Mensajes y Advertencias desde el Purgatorio (Spanish Edition) - Feb 2, 2012 by Gerard J.M. van den Aardweg
- Alma Stephanie Wittlin: The Extraordinary Life and Work of an Inspiring Museologist (Medienpadagogik) - Oct 1, 2015 by Hadwig Kraeutler
- En un rincon del alma (Spanish Edition) - Apr 30, 2015 by Antonia Corrales
- Inés del alma mía (Spanish Edition) - Jan 3, 2014 by Isabel Allende
- Noche de almas (Spanish Edition) - May 22, 2013 by Mikel Santiago
- SANIDAD PARA EL ALMA HERIDA (Spanish Edition) - Jun 16, 2015 by Gonzalo Sanabria
Movies about Alma:
- Murder, She Wrote - The Complete Fifth Season1984 NR
- Acapulco Cuerpo y Alma2008 NR
- PELICULAS PARA EL ALMA 10 PACK:EL NINO Y LA ESTRELLA/ROSAS BLANCA PARA MI HERMANA NEGRA/JESUS MARIA Y JOSE/SAN...2013
- Alma De Hierro2008 NR
- Freud: The Secret Passion aka Freud: Alem da Alma + Freud in Vienna1962
- Alma (English Subtitled)2015 NR
- Fuego en el Alma2012 NR
- Estiramientos Poderosos Para Cuerpo Mente y Alma2013 NR
- Turn Around: A Modern Day Alma The Younger Story2007 PG
- The Coffin Joe Collection2000 Unrated
Wiki information Alma:
- ALMA Award
The American Latino Media Arts Award, or ALMA Award is an award highlighting the best American Latino contributions to music, television, and film. The awards promote fair and accurate portrayals of Latinos. In Spanish and Portuguese, the word alma...
- Location, City/Town/Village, Identity, Place of interment, Travel destination, Administrative Division, Statistical region, Sports Team Location, Dated location
Almaty, formerly known as Alma-Ata and Vernɨy, is the largest city in Kazakhstan. Despite losing its status as the capital to Astana in 1997, Almaty remains the major commercial and cultural centre of Kazakhstan, as well as its biggest population...
- Alma mater
- Composition type
Alma mater is an allegorical Latin phrase for a university or college. It is used to refer to a school which an individual has attended. In English, the phrase is variously translated as "nourishing mother," "nursing mother," or "fostering mother,"...
- Battle of Alma
- Literature Subject, Event, Military Conflict, Battle
The Battle of the Alma, which is usually considered the first battle of the Crimean War, took place just south of the River Alma in the Crimea. An Anglo-French force under Jacques Leroy de Saint Arnaud and Fitzroy Somerset, 1st Lord Raglan defeated...
- Alma College
- Organization, Endowed Organization, Ranked item, Location, College/University, Employer, Business Operation, Educational Institution Campus, Nonprofit organization, Educational Institution
Alma College is a private, liberal arts college located in Alma, Michigan, United States. The enrollment is approximately 1,400 students, and the college is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college's 13th...
- Alma Mahler Gropius Werfel
- Literature Subject, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, , Musical Artist, Deceased Person, Composer, Author, Dedicatee, Visual Artist
Alma Maria Mahler Gropius Werfel was a Viennese-born socialite. She became the wife, successively, of composer Gustav Mahler, architect Walter Gropius, and novelist Franz Werfel, as well as the consort of several other prominent men. Musically active...
- Statistical region, Location, City/Town/Village, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, HUD County Place
Alma is the largest city in Gratiot County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 9,383 at the 2010 census. It was incorporated as the Village of Alma in 1872 and became a city in 1905. Alma's claims to fame include the annual Highland...
- City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Dated location, Location, Political District
Alma is a town in the Canadian province of Quebec.
- HUD Foreclosure Area, City/Town/Village, Statistical region, HUD County Place, Dated location, Location
Alma is a city in Crawford County, Arkansas, United States. It is located within the Arkansas River Valley at the edge of the Ozark Mountains, the city is the sixth largest in the Fort Smith metropolitan area. The population was 5,419 at the 2010...
- City/Town/Village, Location, HUD County Place, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region
Alma is a city in Bacon County, Georgia, United States, and the county seat. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 3,466. Alma is known as Georgia's blueberry capital, and hosts a Blueberry Festival each June.