Meaning : Marsh Flower,
Pronunciation : al THEE uh,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Althea:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Althea:
- Derived from the Greek name Althaea â�� the mother of the hero Meleager in Greek Mythology. The name became better known in the late 70s when the Jamaican reggae duo â��Althea & Donnaâ�� released their number 1 hit â��Uptown Top.
- Greek Meaning: The name Althea is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Althea is: Wholesome, from the verb meaning 'to heal'. Althaia was the Greek name for the marshmallow plant which was believed to have healing powers. Made popular by 17th Century Richard Lovelace's poem 'To Althea, from Prison''Pure; Wholesome.
- American Meaning: The name Althea is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Althea is: Wholesome, from the verb meaning 'to heal'. Althaia was the Greek name for the marshmallow plant which was believed to have healing powers. Made popular by 17th Century Richard Lovelace's poem 'To Althea, from Prison''Pure; Wholesome.
- From the Greek name Αλθαια (Althaia), perhaps related to Greek αλθος (althos) "healing". In Greek myth she was the mother of Meleager. Soon after her son was born she was told that he would die as soon as a piece of wood that was burning on her fire was fully consumed. She immediately extinguished the piece of wood and sealed it in a chest, but in a fit of rage many years later she took it out and set it alight, thereby killing her son.
Definition funny of Althea:
- "my girlfriend keeps nagging me to stop gawking at althea, but i just can't keep my eyes off her face!" "wow! my althea smells great today!"
- "That girl at the mall was totally pulling an Althea." "Yeah...what a nerd!"
- God Shes such an Althea! Althea wont leave my boyfriend aLONE!
Expression information Althea:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Althea:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Althea:
- Forever And A Day (feat. Althea Rene) by Euge Groove from the Album Got 2 Be Groovin'
- Althea by Nick Hendrix and Rosalie Craig from the Album The Light Princess (Original Cast Recording)
- Althea by The Grateful Dead from the Album Go To Heaven
- Wing and a Prayer (feat. Althea Rene) by Ragan Whiteside from the Album Quantum Drive
- Althea (Live October 1989 - April 1990) by The Grateful Dead from the Album Without A Net
- Althea [Live at Nassau Coliseum, May 15-16, 1980] by The Grateful Dead from the Album Go To Nassau: May 15 & 16, 1980
- Althea [Live at Hartford Civic Center, October 14, 1983] by The Grateful Dead from the Album Dick's Picks Vol. 6: 10/14/83 (Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT)
- Althea by The Grateful Dead from the Album Complete Studio Albums Collection
- Golden Curtain (feat. Althea Rene) by Marion Meadows from the Album Whisper
- Althea [Live At Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI, August 7, 1982] by The Grateful Dead from the Album Dick's Picks Vol. 32: 8/7/82 (Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy, WI)
Books about Althea:
- Althea & Oliver - Oct 9, 2014 by Cristina Moracho
- One Tequila: An Althea Rose Mystery (The Althea Rose Series Book 1) - Jul 16, 2015 by Tricia O'Malley
- Born to Win: The Authorized Biography of Althea Gibson - Aug 26, 2004 by Frances Clayton Gray and Yanick Rice Lamb
- Althea Gibson: Persistence (Sports Virtues Book 9) - Feb 23, 2012 by Fritz Knapp
- The Match: Althea Gibson and a Portrait of a Friendship - May 31, 2005 by Bruce Schoenfeld
- Nothing but Trouble: The Story of Althea Gibson - Jan 11, 2011 by Sue Stauffacher and Greg Couch
- Althea - Jul 8, 2012 by Madeleine Robins
- The Match: Althea Gibson & Angela Buxton: How Two Outsiders--One Black, the Other Jewish--Forged a Friendship... - Jun 1, 2004 by Bruce Schoenfeld
- Essential Oils for Beginners: The Guide to Get Started with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy - Sep 26, 2013 by Althea Press
- Charging the Net: A History of Blacks in Tennis from Althea Gibson and Arthur Ashe to the Williams Sisters - Jun 7, 2007 by Cecil Harris and Larryette Kyle-DeBose
Movies about Althea:
- American Masters: Althea2015 NR
- Metro Manila (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2014) Jake Macapagal; John Arcilla; Althea Vega; Jm2013 Unrated
- Althea Gibson1996 by Maya Angelou
Wiki information Althea:
- Althea Gibson
- Topic, Tennis Tournament Champion, Deceased Person, Identity, Person, Literature Subject, TV Actor, Athlete, Author, Measured person
Althea Gibson was an American tennis player and professional golfer, and the first black athlete to cross the color line of international tennis. In 1956, she became the first person of color to win a Grand Slam title. The following year she won both...
- Althea Flynt
- , Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Deceased Person, Person, Public figure with medical condition
Althea Flynt was the fourth wife of Larry Flynt and the co-publisher of Flynt's pornography magazine, Hustler.
- EUFOR Althea
- Employer, Organization
European Union Force Althea is a military deployment in Bosnia and Herzegovina to oversee the military implementation of the Dayton Agreement. It is the successor to NATO's SFOR and IFOR. The transition from SFOR to EUFOR was largely a change of name...
- Tia Carrere
- Actor, Musician, Identity, TV Personality, Featured artist, Video Game Actor, Topic, Musical Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, TV program guest
Tia Carrere is an American actress, model, voice artist, and singer who obtained her first big break as a regular on the daytime soap opera General Hospital. She played Cassandra Wong in the feature films Wayne's World and Wayne's World 2, Nani in...
- Musical Recording, Canonical Version
- Althea & Donna
- Reggae Artist, Musical Group, Musical Artist
Althea & Donna were the Jamaican reggae singing duo of Althea Rose Forrest and Donna Marie Reid. They are best known for their 1977 single "Uptown Top Ranking", which was a number one hit in the United Kingdom in 1978.
- Althea Garrison
- Politician, Person
Althea Garrison is an American politician from Boston, Massachusetts who was elected as a Republican to the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 1992 and served one term from 1993 to 1995. Both before and after Garrison's successful bid for...
- Althea Rene
- Broadcast Artist, Musician, Social network user, Featured artist, Person, Musical Artist
- Althea Harper
- Woman, Person
Althea Campbell Harper is an American fashion designer. She was a contestant on Season 6 of Project Runway in which she finished as the runner up. Harper was born in Dayton, Ohio. She graduated from Oakwood High School with honors, and attended the...
- Althea Currier
- Actor, Person, Film actor, Topic
Althea Currier was born in 1941 in Baileyville, Maine, and moved to Southern California in the late 1950s. She was an American glamour model and actress, noted for her large-breasted figure, who appeared in a number of erotic nudie-cuties and...