Meaning : Worthy Of Love, Meaning 'loveable' or 'to love'. It was first used as a name in the 17th Century, potentially as a variation of Miranda., Lovable, Worthy of Love,
Pronunciation : (a-MAN-da), a MAN duh, ə-MAN-də (English), ah-MAHN-dah (Spanish, Italian, German) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Amanda:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Amanda:
- Spanish Meaning: The name Amanda is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Amanda is: Lovable.
- American Meaning: The name Amanda is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Amanda is: Lovable.
- English Meaning: The name Amanda is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Amanda is: Worthy of being loved. Literary; poets and playwrights brought this name into popular usage in the seventeenth century.
- Latin Meaning: The name Amanda is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Amanda is: Lovable, worthy of love. Some scholars believe this name was invented by 17th century British dramatist Colley Cibber who gave it to a character in his play 'Love's Last Shift.' Noel Coward later named a character Amanda in 'Private Lives'.
- In part this is a feminine form of AMANDUS. However, it was not used during the Middle Ages. In the 17th century it was recreated by authors and poets who based it directly on Latin amanda "lovable, worthy of love". Notably, the playwright Colley Cibber used it for a character in his play 'Love's Last Shift' (1696). It came into regular use during the 19th century.
Definition funny of Amanda:
- 1. Damnnn, Amanda's lookin' fine today, as usual. 2. I wish I was Amanda, shes so pretty and nice!
- "Who was that girl that you were talking to?" "That was Amanda, she's amazing."
- Hi my name is Amanda yourself?
- i love lucy's attitude. it's an amanda attitude.
- Amanda is the best.
- Amanda's so pretty and kind.
- Yo, you see Amanda? Yeah, she's so nice.
Expression information Amanda:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Amanda:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Amanda:
- Amanda - Ace Troubleshooter
- Amanda - Boston
- Amanda - Waylon Jennings
- Amanda Crazy Wolf - Erica Wheeler
- Amanda Ruth - Rank and File
- Amanda's Dream - Teitur
- Crazy Amanda Bunkface - Sum 41
- Go Amanda - Steve Earle
- Amanda by Boston from the Album Third Stage
- Amanda by Waylon Jennings from the Album Ultimate Waylon Jennings
Books about Amanda:
- Armada: A Novel - Jul 14, 2015 by Ernest Cline
- BY THE SEA, Book Two: AMANDA - Jul 29, 2013 by Antoinette Stockenberg
- Garden of Lies - Apr 21, 2015 by Amanda Quick
- Hope: A Memoir of Survival in Cleveland - Apr 27, 2015 by Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus
- Amanda - Nov 1, 1995 by Kay Hooper
- Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator! - Apr 26, 2011 by Mo Willems
- Otherwise Engaged - Mar 31, 2015 by Amanda Quick
- Amanda (Sunfire) - Apr 1984 by Candice F. Ransom
- AMANDA (Spanish Edition) - Aug 2, 2014 by Blanca Miosi
- Unfinished Dreams - Jun 27, 2015 by Amanda McIntyre
Movies about Amanda:
- The Amanda Show Volume 11999 CC
- Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy2011 CC
- The Amanda Show Volume 22000 CC
- The Amanda Show Volume 42001 CC
- The Amanda Show Volume 32001 CC
- Mi Verano con Amanda2011 NR CC
- Amanda O: Spanish Language Comedy Series (Spanish Audio Only)2011
- Melrose Place: Season 6, Vol. 12011 NR
- Melrose Place: Season 6, Vol. 22011 NR
- Melrose Place: Season 5, Vol. 12009 NR
Wiki information Amanda:
- Amanda Palmer
- Alternative Artist, Blogger, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee, Film music contributor, Topic, Identity, Author, Featured artist
Amanda MacKinnon Gaiman Palmer, sometimes known as Amanda Fucking Palmer, is an American singer-songwriter who first rose to prominence as the lead singer, pianist, and lyricist/composer of the duo The Dresden Dolls. She has had a successful solo...
- Amanda Bynes
- Actor, Film actor, Literature Subject, Identity, Musical Artist, TV Actor, Influence Node, Award Winner, TV Personality, Celebrity
Amanda Laura Bynes is an American former actress. After appearing in commercials and in plays, Bynes rose to prominence as a child star in the late 1990s and early 2000s on the Nickelodeon series All That and The Amanda Show. From 2002 to 2006, she...
- Amanda Seyfried
- Actor, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Celebrity, Social network user, Topic, Identity, Influence Node, Musical Artist, TV program guest
Amanda Michelle Seyfried is an American actress and singer. She began her career as a model when she was 11, then at 15 began an acting career, starting off with uncredited roles and moving on to recurring roles on the soap operas As the World Turns...
- Amanda Lear
- Euro disco Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Visual Artist, Featured artist, Author, Lyricist, Person, Musical Artist, Musician, Film actor
Amanda Lear is a French singer, lyricist, painter, television presenter, actress and former model. Lear grew up in the South of France and in Switzerland, and studied art in Paris and at Saint Martin's School of Art in London. She began her...
- Amanda Award
The Amanda Award is an award given annually at the Norwegian International Film Festival in Haugesund, Norway, to promote and improve Norwegian film. The award originated in 1985, and has since 2005 been exclusively a film award. Winners are awarded...
- Amanda Peet
- Actor, Ranked item, Award Winner, Influence Node, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Celebrity, Award Nominee, Author
Amanda Peet is an American actress who has appeared in film, stage, and television. After studying with Uta Hagen at Columbia University, Peet began her career in television commercials, and progressed to small roles on television, before making her...
- Amanda Holden
- Actor, Influence Node, Theater Actor, Award Winner, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee, Person, TV program guest, TV Personality
Amanda Louise Holden is an English actress, singer and presenter, best known as a judge on ITV's Britain's Got Talent since the show began in 2007. Holden played the role of Sarah Trevanion in Wild at Heart and the title role in Thoroughly Modern...
- Location, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Dated location
Amanda is a village in Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. The population was 737 at the 2010 census. Amanda was the birthplace of Thomas Sterling, a Republican in the United States Senate from 1913 to 1925.
- Amanda Tapping
- Actor, TV Director, TV Actor, Film actor, TV Producer, Award Nominee, Topic, Influence Node, Award Winner, TV Personality
Amanda Tapping is an English-born Canadian actress, producer and director. She is best known for portraying Samantha Carter in the Canadian–American military science fiction television series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. She also starred as...
- Amanda Knox
- Author, Film subject, Film actor, Person, Topic, Person Or Being In Fiction, Celebrity, Measured person
Amanda Marie Knox is an American woman who spent almost four years in an Italian prison accused of the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher, one of the women who shared her apartment, before being definitively acquitted by the Supreme Court of Cassation....