Meaning : Manly, This name means 'manly' and 'brave'., Man warrior,
Pronunciation : AN-droo (English) , (AENDRuw), AN droo,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Andrew:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Andrew:
- Andrew is a name with Greek origins. The meaning of the name Andrew is manly. Nicknames for the name Andrew include Andy and Drew. There were two American presidents named Andrew: Andrew Jackson and Andrew Johnson. Andrew Wyeth was a renowned artist as was Andy Warhol. Prince Andrew is the Duke of York and son of Elizabeth II. Andrew Carnegie and Andrew Mellon were philanthropists and businessmen. Andrew Lincoln is on the television show The Walking Dead. Andy Kaufman was a comedian as is Andrew “Dice” Clay. Andrew “Ender” Wiggin is a popular character from the Ender series of books by Orson Scott Card. Television shows that feature characters named Andrew include The Office, Weeds, and Touched by an Angel. Andy Dufresne is a character created by Stephen King. WikiName.net users who like the name Andrew also like names that are traditional and of British origins.
- English form of the Greek name Andreas. In the New Testament, Andrew was the first disciple to be called by Jesus. St Andrew preached in Asia and Greece, and is usually believed to have been crucified at Patras, Achaia. The name Andrew has a long history of being a popular name in the English-speaking world, especially in Scotland. Notable bearers of this name include Andrew Lloyd Webber (musicals), Andrew Flintoff (cricket) and Andrew Cole (football).
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Andrew is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Andrew is: Twelfth Night', also called 'What You Will' Sir Andrew Aguecheek.
- American Meaning: The name Andrew is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Andrew is: Twelfth Night', also called 'What You Will' Sir Andrew Aguecheek.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Andrew is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Andrew is: Manly. From the Greek Andrew. Has long been a popular Scottish name, because St. Andrew is the Patron Saint of Scotland after whom the town of St Andrews was named.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Andrew is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Andrew is: A strong man.
- English Meaning: The name Andrew is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Andrew is: Manly; brave. In the bible the first of the twelve apostles chosen. Andrew is patron saint of Scotland and Russia. See also Jedrick and Kendrick.
- Greek Meaning: The name Andrew is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Andrew is: Manly. St Andrew, an apostle of Jesus Christ, later became patron saint of Scotland. The Scottish city St Andrews is named for him. It was in frequent use throughout Britain during the Middle Ages.
- In terms of meaning, Andrew’s got your little guy set: This classic name stands for “strong and manly.” The other really nice thing about Andrew is that it offers two very distinct nicknames: Andy, for a more casual little boy; and Drew, for a more sophisticated spin. The name has a variation in almost every language, ranging from the Romanian Andrei to the Scandinavian Anders. It’s been bestowed on tons of different rulers and saints, and was especially popular during the Middle Ages. In the US, it’s been in the top 100 since at least 1880, and in or near the top fifty save a dip during the ’30s and ’40s. More recently, it peaked at number five a few times in the late ’80s, ’90s, and most recently ’03.
- English form of the Greek name Ανδρεας (Andreas), which was derived from ανδρειος (andreios) "manly, masculine", a derivative of ανηρ (aner) "man". In the New Testament the apostle Andrew, the first disciple to join Jesus, is the brother of Simon Peter. According to tradition, he later preached in the Black Sea region, with some legends saying he was crucified on an X-shaped cross. Andrew, being a Greek name, was probably only a nickname or a translation of his real Hebrew name, which is not known. This name has been common (in various spellings) throughout the Christian world, and it became very popular in the Middle Ages. Saint Andrew is regarded as the patron of Scotland, Russia, Greece and Romania. The name has been borne by three kings of Hungary, American president Andrew Jackson (1767-1845), and, more recently, English composer Andrew Lloyd Webber (1948-).
Definition funny of Andrew:
- Man, is Andrew cool. I wish I was him...
- Guy1: So i hear Andrew's coming tonight. Guy2: Seriously!! Well I'll be there then. That guy is awesome! Andrew: Whats up? Of coarse i'll be there. (random girl faints in background)
- Hey Andrew hows it going
- This type of penguin is an andrew
- Aaron: damn nigga you owned me with a pillow andrew
- Andrew is the toughest and bravest man alive.
- I wish i were like andrew
Expression information Andrew:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Andrew:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Andrew:
- A For Andrew - Attack Attack!
- Andrew Duffy's Jig - Jonatha Brooke
- J.A.R. Jason Andrew Relva - Green Day
- Open Up The Heavens ((featuring Andi Rozier and Meredith Andrews) Live) by Vertical Church Band from the Album Live Worship From Vertical Church
- Some Minds (feat. Andrew Wyatt) by Flume from the Album Some Minds (feat. Andrew Wyatt)
- Mustang Sally [feat. Andrew Strong] by The Commitments from the Album The Commitments (Soundtrack)
- Julie Andrews: I Could Have Danced All Night by Susanne Blakeslee from the Album Forbidden Broadway - Volume 3
- Sweet Love for Planet Earth (Andrew Weatherall Remix) by Fuck Buttons from the Album Colours Move
- Sing, Sing, Sing (Karaoke Version) (Originally Performed By Andrew Sisters) by Amazing Karaoke from the Album Best of Cool Listening (Karaoke Version)
- I Wish You Would (feat. Skerik & Troy Andrews) by Dumpstaphunk from the Album Dirty Word
Books about Andrew:
- Andrew Drew and Drew - Oct 1, 2012 by Barney Saltzberg
- Andrew: Lord of Despair (The Lonely Lords) - Dec 3, 2013 by Grace Burrowes
- Contract to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series) - Aug 11, 2015 by Andrew Peterson
- Andrew Draws - Jul 1, 2014 by David McPhail
- Andrew's Angry Words - Sep 1, 1997 by Dorothea Lachner and Tjong Khing
- A, My Name is Andrew - Jun 15, 2003 by Mary McManus Burke and Lisa Tooker
- First to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series) - Nov 6, 2012 by Andrew Peterson
- The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective - Apr 10, 2011 by Andy Andrews
- Forced to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series) - Nov 6, 2012 by Andrew Peterson
- Ready to Kill (The Nathan McBride Series) - Apr 29, 2014 by Andrew Peterson
Movies about Andrew:
- Alice in Andrew's Land2011 NR CC
- Mugshots: Andrew Cunanan - The Versace Killer2013 NR CC
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies2012 NR CC
- A Date with Darkness: Capture of Andrew Luster2011 CC
- The Phantom of the Opera2005 PG-13
- Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern Season 22008 CC
- Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern Volume 72015 CC
- Tooth Fairy: In Character with Julie Andrews Featurette2010 NR
- Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern Season 62014 CC
- Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern Season 12008 CC
Famous about Andrew:
- Prince Andrew - Duke of York
- Andrew “Andy” Samberg - comedian and actor
- Andrew Carnegie - industrialist and businessman
- Andrew Warhola (“Andy Warhol”) - artist
- Andrew “Andy” Roddick - tennis player
Wiki information Andrew:
- Andrew the Apostle
- Fisherman, Deceased Person, Dedicatee, Name source, Identity, Quotation addressee, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person
Andrew the Apostle, also known as Saint Andrew and called in the Orthodox tradition Prōtoklētos or the First-called, was a Christian Apostle and the elder brother of Saint Peter. The name "Andrew", like other Greek names, appears to have been common...
- Andrew Lloyd Webber
- theatre Artist, Lyricist, Social network user, TV Program Creator, Award Nominee, Theatrical Lyricist, Award Winner, Ranked item, Theatrical Orchestrator, Musical Artist
Andrew Lloyd Webber, Baron Lloyd-Webber is an English composer and impresario of musical theatre. Several of his musicals have run for more than a decade both in the West End and on Broadway. He has composed 13 musicals, a song cycle, a set of...
- Andrew Jackson
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Identity, Organization member, Deceased Person, Military Commander, Film subject, Author, Name source, Politician, US President
Andrew Jackson was the seventh President of the United States. He was born near the end of the colonial era, somewhere near the then-unmarked border between North and South Carolina, into a recently immigrated Scots-Irish farming family of relatively...
- Prince Andrew, Duke of York
- Military Person, Noble person, Family member, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Celebrity, Chivalric Order Member
Prince Andrew, Duke of York KG GCVO CD ADC, is the second son and third child of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. At the time of his birth, he was second in the line of succession to succeed his mother; he is currently sixth...
- Andrew W.K.
- Hard rock Artist, Musician, Topic, Social network user, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Film actor, Musical Artist, Film music contributor, Composer
Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier, better known by his stagename Andrew W.K., is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, entertainer, motivational speaker, and music producer. He was the host of the television series Destroy Build Destroy....
- Andrew Johnson
- Identity, US Vice President, Topic, Deceased Person, Politician, Organization member, Person, Name source, U.S. Congressperson, US President
Andrew Johnson was the 17th President of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. Johnson became president as he was vice president at the time of President Abraham Lincoln's assassination. A Democrat who ran with Lincoln on the National Union...
- Andrew Carnegie
- Entrepreneur, Name source, Identity, Architectural structure owner, Literature Subject, Organization founder, Person, Deceased Person, Organization member, Topic
Andrew Carnegie was a Scottish American industrialist who led the enormous expansion of the American steel industry in the late 19th century. He built a leadership role as a philanthropist for America and the British Empire. During the last 18 years...
- Andrew Cuomo
- Topic, Political Appointer, Politician, Appointer, Topic, Identity, TV Actor, Person, Person or entity appearing in film
Andrew Mark Cuomo is an American politician who is the 56th and current Governor of New York. A member of the Democratic Party, Cuomo was elected in 2010, holding the same position his father, Mario Cuomo, held from 1983 to 1994. Born in Queens, New...
- Order of St. Andrew
- Namesake, Dedicated Work, Order of Chivalry
The Order of St. Andrew the Apostle the First-Called was the first and the highest order of chivalry of the Russian Empire. Abolished under the USSR, it was re-established as the top Russian Order in 1998.
- Hurricane Andrew
- Tropical Cyclone
Hurricane Andrew was, at the time of its occurrence in August 1992, the costliest hurricane in United States history. The fourth tropical cyclone and the first hurricane of the 1992 Atlantic hurricane season, Andrew originated from a tropical wave...