Meaning : Used commonly in English, meaning 'priceless' or 'inestimable'. A variant of the name Anthony (English)., Of unknown meaning, Protector, Of Unknown Meaning,
Pronunciation : AN-tə-nee , Ant th on ee, (AETahNiy),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Antony:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Antony:
- The male name Antony is a very masculine name coming from the Roman family name Antonius. There is a French version of this name, which is Antoine and in Spanish and Italian it is known as Antonio. The pet form of this name is Tony and is often used by close family members and friends as a term of endearment.
- Greek Meaning: The name Antony is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Antony is: Priceless.
- American Meaning: The name Antony is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Antony is: Priceless.
- Latin Meaning: The name Antony is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Antony is: Worthy of praise; of value. Saint Anthony is the patron sain of poor people. Famous Bearer: actor Anthony Hopkins.
- English Meaning: The name Antony is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Antony is: Highly praiseworthy. From a Roman clan name. In the 17th century, the spelling Anthony was associated with the Greek anthos meaning flower.
- Italian Meaning: The name Antony is an Italian baby name. In Italian the meaning of the name Antony is: Highly praiseworthy. See Anthony.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Antony is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Antony is: Antony and Cleopatra' and 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar.' Mark Antony, roman triumvir and Cleopatra's lover.
- Variant of ANTHONY. This was formerly the usual English spelling of the name, but during the 17th century the h began to be added.
Definition funny of Antony:
- I can't get that guy out of my mind, he is so amazing and gorgeous....he must be an Antony.
- Stop it! You are being such an antony you duckface.
Expression information Antony:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Antony:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Antony:
- Ami Je Jalsaghare (From "Antony Firingee") by Manna Dey from the Album Uttam Kumar Hits
- 7 Locas (feat. Antony Santos) [Merengue Urbano Version] by Don Miguelo from the Album 7 Locas
- Antony... Wait by Alex North from the Album Cleopatra (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Indian Steps (feat. Antony) by Hudson Mohawke from the Album Lantern
- Antony and Cleopatra Theme by Ferrante and Teicher from the Album Love Themes from Cleopatra
- I'll Call Him Antony by Christophe Beck from the Album Ant-Man (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Antony by Sweethead from the Album Antony
- Antony And Cleopatra (From Cleopatra) by Alex North from the Album Blood & Thunder (Parades, Processionals And Attacks From Hollywood's Most Epic Films)
- Can O'Beats (feat. Philip Antony) by Dirk K from the Album It's On
- Defying Gravity [Funky Juction & Antony Reale Club Mix] by Idina Menzel from the Album Defying Gravity (DJ Version) (DMD Maxi)
Books about Antony:
- Antony and Cleopatra (Folger Shakespeare Library) - Jan 1, 2005 by William Shakespeare and Barbara A. Mowat
- Antony and Cleopatra - Sep 28, 2010 by Adrian Goldsworthy
- Antony and Cleopatra (The Pelican Shakespeare) - Sep 1, 1999 by William Shakespeare and A. R. Braunmuller
- Antony and Cleopatra: A Novel (Masters of Rome) - Dec 2, 2008 by Colleen McCullough
- Athanasius : The Life of Antony and the Letter To Marcellinus - Jan 1, 1979 by Athanasius and Robert C. Gregg
- Antony & Cleopatra (No Fear Shakespeare) - Sep 11, 2006 by SparkNotes
- Antony and Cleopatra (Norton Critical Editions) - Jun 15, 2011 by William Shakespeare and Ania Loomba
- Antony and Cleopatra (Arden Shakespeare: Third Series) - Mar 16, 1995 by William Shakespeare and John Wilders
- Antony and Cleopatra (Dover Thrift Editions) - Sep 17, 2014 by William Shakespeare
- The Second World War - May 7, 2013 by Antony Beevor
Movies about Antony:
- Shakespeare Series: Antony and Cleopatra2012 NR CC
- Antony and Cleopatra1979 NR CC
- Antony and Cleopatra2011 NR
- 4 Film Favorites: Epic Adventures2011 R
- The Royle Family: Season 22008 NR
- The Plays of William Shakespeare, Vol. 1 - Antony and Cleopatra1983 NR
- Antony and Cleopatra1975 Unrated
- Antony and Cleopatra: Shakespeare's Globe2015
- Primo - Primo Levi, Antony Sher2005 NR
- Antony & Cleopatra: The Complete Dramatic Works of William Shakespeare
Wiki information Antony:
- Mark Antony
- Politician, Name source, Military Commander, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Military Person, Person, Measured person, Celebrity
Marcus Antonius, commonly known in English as Mark or Marc Antony, was a Roman politician and general who played a critical role in the transformation of the Roman Republic from an oligarchy into the autocratic Roman Empire. Antony was a supporter of...
- Antony and the Johnsons
- Indie rock Artist, Featured artist, Musical Group, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Musical Artist, Broadcast Artist, Social network user
Antony and the Johnsons is a music group presenting the work of Antony Hegarty and her collaborators.
- Statistical region, City/Town/Village, Location, Dated location
Antony is a French commune in the southern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 11.3 km from the centre of Paris. Antony is a sub-prefecture of the Hauts-de-Seine department and the seat of the Arrondissement of Antony. Watered by the Bièvre, a...
- Anthony the Great
- Deceased Person, Name source, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Saint Anthony or Antony was a Christian monk from Egypt, revered since his death as a saint. He is distinguished from other saints named Anthony by various epithets: Anthony the Great, Anthony of Egypt, Anthony the Abbot, Anthony of the Desert,...
- A. K. Antony
- Politician, Identity, Person
Arackaparambil Kurien "A. K." Antony is an Indian politician currently serving as Member of Parliament from the upper house, Rajya Sabha, of Parliament. He formerly served as Defence Minister of India, and the Chief Minister of the state of Kerala....
- Antony and Cleopatra
- Quotation Source, Book, Adapted Work, Play, Written Work, Translated Work
Antony and Cleopatra is a tragedy by William Shakespeare. The play was probably performed first in about 1607 at Blackfriars Theatre or the Globe Theatre by the King's Men. Its first known appearance in print was in the First Folio of 1623. The plot...
- Antony Flew
- Philosopher, Military Person, Person, Academic, Author, Organization member, Award Winner, Deceased Person, Influence Node
Antony Garrard Newton Flew was an English philosopher. Belonging to the analytic and evidentialist schools of thought, Flew was most notable for his work related to the philosophy of religion. During the course of his career he taught at the...
- Antony Gormley
- Theater Designer, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Influence Node, Person, Identity, Author, Organization member, Topic, Visual Artist
Sir Antony Mark David Gormley, OBE is a British sculptor. His best known works include the Angel of the North, a public sculpture in Gateshead in the North of England, commissioned in 1994 and erected in February 1998, Another Place on Crosby Beach...
- Antony Hegarty
- Singer, Record Producer, Film producer, Name source, Identity, Person, Featured artist, Film music contributor, Musical Artist, Film actor
Antony Hegarty, often referred to simply as Antony, is an English singer, composer, and visual artist, best known as the lead singer of the band Antony and the Johnsons. Antony was born in the city of Chichester, England, in 1971. In 1981 Antony's...
- Antony Beevor
- Historian, Person, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Author
Antony James Beevor, FRSL is an English military historian, educated at Winchester College and Sandhurst. He studied under the military historian John Keegan, and is a former officer with the 11th Hussars, who served in England and Germany for five...