Meaning : Bear, From the words 'art' - means 'stone' or 'artus' which means 'bear'., Unknown,
Pronunciation : AHR-thər (English), ar-TUYR (French), AHR-toor (German), AHR-tur (Dutch) , (arth-er), AR thur,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Arthur:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Arthur:
- The name's meaning is unknown, but may come from the Celtic word for bear (artos) or the Irish word for stone (art). The name is heavily linked to King Arthur.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Arthur is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Arthur is: Strong as a bear.
- American Meaning: The name Arthur is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Arthur is: Strong as a bear.
- English Meaning: The name Arthur is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Arthur is: From the Roman clan name Artorius, meaning noble, courageous. Famous bearer: Legendary sixth century King Arthur of Britain and his Round Table of knights. This legend dates to the early 9th century.
- Arthurian Legend Meaning: The name Arthur is an Arthurian Legend baby name. In Arthurian Legend the meaning of the name Arthur is: Noble; courageous. Legendary sixth century King Arthur of Britain and his Round Table of knights.
- Irish Meaning: The name Arthur is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Arthur is: Derived from the Irish art meaning 'stone'. Arthur was a 6th Century Irish prince.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Arthur is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Arthur is: Derived from Celtic artos meaning 'bear'.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Arthur is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Arthur is: King John' Arthur, Duke of Britaine.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Arthur is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Arthur is: Bear hero.
- The meaning of this name is unknown. It could be derived from the Celtic elements artos "bear" combined with viros "man" or rigos "king". Alternatively it could be related to an obscure Roman family name Artorius. Arthur is the name of the central character in Arthurian legend, a 6th-century king of the Britons who resisted Saxon invaders. He may or may not have been a real person. He first appears in Welsh poems and chronicles (some possibly as early as the 7th century) but his character was not developed until the chronicles of the 12th-century Geoffrey of Monmouth. The name came into general use in England in the Middle Ages due to the prevalence of Arthurian romances, and it enjoyed a surge of popularity in the 19th century. Famous bearers include German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860), mystery author and Sherlock Holmes creator Arthur Conan Doyle (1859-1930), and science-fiction author Arthur C. Clarke (1917-2008).
Definition funny of Arthur:
- Arthur can be compared to the Simpsons in many ways: 1. Both very popular. 2. Both have a legacy in their genre. 3. Both series are starting to have more episodes with no real climax or a good conclusion.
- How could you manage to take this stuff? You must be an Arthur.
- Arthur is such a stud; he's good in bed and at video at games.
- How could you manage to take this stuff? You must be an Arthur.
- Arthur, I really hope you see this somehow, someday.
- person 1: is that a bear in EB games person 2: nah thats just arthur
- Arthur is a fatass aardvark with a cake fetish.
Expression information Arthur:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Arthur:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for order and physical creativity, and want to be involved in conventional, safe activities.
Songs about Arthur:
- Arthur - The Kinks
- Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross
- Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) (Remastered) by Christopher Cross from the Album Arthur - The Album [Original Soundtrack]
- The Elements (Music By Sir Arthur Sullivan) by Tom Lehrer from the Album More Of Tom Lehrer
- Best That You Can Do "Arthur's Theme" (From "Arthur") by Robbins Island Music Group from the Album Top 15 Movie Songs: Greatest Movie Instrumentals, Movie Music and Instrumental Movie Soundtracks
- Port Arthur Blues by Marc Savoy & D.L. Menard Dewey Balfa from the Album Under A Green Oak Tree
- Be Careful Who You Love (Arthur's Song) by Jr. Hank Williams from the Album Pure Hank
- Mac Arthur Park by All-Star Superband from the Album Live At the Miramar
- Arthur Theme Song by Ziggy Marley from the Album Bright Spaces
- The Vigilante (Arthur Baker Remix) by Felony from the Album The Fanatic. Hits and Unreleased Works.
Books about Arthur:
- Arthur's Family Vacation: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series) - Apr 1, 1995 by Marc Brown
- Arthur's New Puppy: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventure Series) - Sep 1, 1995 by Marc Brown
- Arthur Lost in the Museum (Step into Reading) - Jul 12, 2005 by Marc Brown
- Arthur's Underwear (Arthur Adventure Series) - Sep 1, 2001 by Marc Brown
- Arthur's Halloween: An Arthur Adventure - Sep 30, 1983 by Marc Brown
- Arthur's Birthday (An Arthur Adventure) - Apr 1, 1991 by Marc Brown
- Arthur in New York (Step into Reading) - May 13, 2008 by Marc Brown
- Arthur's Christmas: An Arthur Adventure (Arthur Adventures) - Oct 30, 1985 by Marc Brown
- Arthur's Pet Business (An Arthur Adventure) - Apr 1, 1993 by Marc Brown
- Arthur Locked in the Library!: An Arthur Chapter Book (Arthur Chapter Books) - Mar 5, 2012 by Marc Brown
Movies about Arthur:
Wiki information Arthur:
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
- Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Organization founder, Noble person, Art Subject, Military Person, Architectural structure owner, Military Commander, Organization member, Person
Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington KG, GCB, GCH, PC, FRS, was a soldier and statesman, born in Dublin, Ireland belonging to the Protestant Ascendancy, and one of the leading military and political figures of 19th-century Britain....
- Opera Character, TV Character, Book Character, Film subject, Film character, Literature Subject, Art Subject, Fictional Character, Name source, Theater Character
Arthur is a fictional character from the 2004 film King Arthur.
- Arthur Curry
- TV Character, Fictional Character, Comic Book Character, Film character, Adapted Work
Aquaman is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics. Created by Paul Norris and Mort Weisinger, the character debuted in More Fun Comics #73. Initially a backup feature in DC's anthology titles, Aquaman later...
- Chester A. Arthur
- Political Appointer, US Vice President, Literature Subject, Politician, U.S. Congressperson, Deceased Person, Appointer, Name source, Military Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Chester Alan Arthur was an American attorney and politician who served as the 21st President of the United States; he succeeded James A. Garfield upon the latter's assassination. At the outset, Arthur struggled to overcome a slightly negative...
- Arthur Conan Doyle
- Novelist, Musical Artist, Musician, Composer, Influence Node, Literature Subject, Organization member, Film writer, Politician, Deceased Person
Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle KStJ, DL was a British writer and physician, most noted for his fictional stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes, which are generally considered milestones in the field of crime fiction. He is also known for...
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Novelist, Film actor, Film writer, Author, Measured person, Public figure with medical condition, Athlete, Deceased Person, Organization member, Fictional Character Creator
Sri Lankabhimanya Sir Arthur Charles Clarke, CBE, FRAS was a British science fiction writer, science writer and futurist, inventor, undersea explorer, and television series host. He is perhaps most famous for being co-writer of the screenplay for the...
- Arthur Andersen
- Employer, Business Operation, Organization, Literature Subject
Arthur Andersen LLP, based in Chicago, is a holding company and formerly one of the "Big Five" accounting firms among PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Ernst & Young and KPMG, providing auditing, tax, and consulting services to large...
- Children's TV Program, Award-Nominated Work, Award-Winning Work, Topic, Adaptation, Netflix Title, TV Program, Identity
Arthur is a Canadian/American animated educational television series for children, created by Cookie Jar Group, 9 Story Media Group, and WGBH for PBS. The show is set in the fictional American city of Elwood City, and revolves around the lives of...
- Sir Arthur Harris, 1st Baronet
- Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person, Military Person, Person, Military Commander
Marshal of the Royal Air Force Sir Arthur Travers Harris, 1st Baronet GCB, OBE, AFC, commonly known as "Bomber" Harris by the press, and often within the RAF as "Butcher" Harris, was Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief RAF Bomber Command during the...
- Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn
- Noble person, Family member, Name source, Person, Award Winner, Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person, Politician
Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn KG KT KP GCB GCSI GCMG GCIE GCVO GBE VD TD was a member of the British Royal Family who served as the Governor General of Canada, the 10th since Canadian Confederation. Born the seventh child and third...