Meaning : Diminutive Form Of Robert, Unknown, Bright fame, Diminutive form of Robert,
Pronunciation : (Unknown), bob, BAHB (English), BAWB (Dutch) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Bob:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Bob:
- Bob is an altered short form of Robert, meaning 'bright fame'. It developed later than similar names 'Hob', 'Dob' and 'Nob', and has enjoyed considerably wider adoption. It was popularised by the likes of Bob the Builder (cartoon character), Bob Dylan (folk singer) and Bob Marley (reggae singer).
- English Meaning: The name Bob is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Bob is: Abbreviation of Robert.
- American Meaning: The name Bob is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Bob is: Abbreviation of Robert.
- German Meaning: The name Bob is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Bob is: Famed, bright; shining. An all-time favorite boys' name since the Middle Ages. Famous Bearers: Scottish national hero Robert the Bruce and novelist Robert Ludlum.
- Short form of ROBERT. It arose later than Dob, Hob and Nob, which were medieval rhyming nicknames of Robert. A famous bearer is American musician Bob Dylan (1941-).
Definition funny of Bob:
- "Nicole Kidman's latest movie, Rabbit Hole, was a B.O.B." "$5 million in production costs, made less than $450 thousand in box office receipts.
- I had a talk with Bob last night.
- "Hey! What should name our son, honey?" "How about Bob, dear?"
- 1)Better watch out... I'll call Bob on you! 2)Bob the Builder - Can we fix it? Bob the Builder - YES WE CAN! 3)Hey, have you met my friend Bob?
- hotchick5237458: Wanna cyber? Tim: Bob.
- B.O.B is what we needed right now to save Hip-Hop.
- Me: "Hey Bob! You rock!" Bob: "I know, I know"
Expression information Bob:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Bob:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Bob:
Books about Bob:
- Bob Books, Set 1: Beginning Readers - May 1, 2006 by Bobby Lynn Maslen and John R. Maslen
- Bob Books Set 2-Advancing Beginners - May 1, 2006 by Bobby Lynn Maslen and John R. Maslen
- Bob - Feb 21, 2006 by Tracey Campbell Pearson
- Bob Books Sight Words: Kindergarten - Jul 1, 2010 by Lynn Maslen Kertell and Sue Hendra
- Bob Books Set 3- Word Families - May 1, 2006 by Bobby Lynn Maslen and John R. Maslen
- My First BOB Books: Pre-Reading Skills - Aug 1, 2008 by Lynn Maslen Kertell and Lynn Maslen Kertell
- Bob - Oct 1, 1999 by Sandra Boynton
- Bob Books: Sight Words, 1st Grade - Jul 1, 2010 by Lynn Maslen Kertell and Sue Hendra
- Bob Books Set 4 - Complex Words - May 1, 2006 by Bobby Lynn Maslen and John R. Maslen
- Bob Books Set 5- Long Vowels - May 1, 2006 by Bobby Lynn Maslen and John R. Maslen
Movies about Bob:
- SpongeBob SquarePants Season 22000 CC
- SpongeBob SquarePants Season 11999 CC
- SpongeBob SquarePants Season 82011 CC
- SpongeBob SquarePants Season 72009 CC
- Bob the Builder: Best of Bob the Builder2014 G CC
- Bob The Builder: Big Dino Dig Movie2011 NR CC
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water2015 PG CC
- Bob The Builder: Snowed Under / The Bobblesberg Winter Games2004 CC
- Bob The Builder: Heavy Duty Diggers2014 CC
- Bob The Builder: On Site - Roads & Bridges2008 CC
Wiki information Bob:
- Bob Marley
- Ska Artist, Author, TV Actor, Topic, Social network user, TV program guest, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Musician
Robert Nesta "Bob" Marley, OM was a Jamaican reggae singer, song writer, musician, and guitarist who achieved international fame and acclaim. Starting out in 1963 with the group The Wailers, he forged a distinctive songwriting and vocal style that...
- Bob Dylan
- Folk rock Artist, Record Producer, Songwriter, Film editor, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Film music contributor, Author, Featured artist, Musician
Bob Dylan is an American singer-songwriter, artist and writer. He has been influential in popular music and culture for more than five decades. Much of his most celebrated work dates from the 1960s when his songs chronicled social unrest, although...
- Bob Hope
- Professional Boxer, Name source, Organization founder, Musical Artist, Film producer, Identity, Topic, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, Featured artist
Leslie Townes "Bob" Hope, KBE, KC*SG, KSS, was an English-born American comedian, vaudevillian, actor, singer, dancer, athlete, and author. With a career spanning nearly 80 years, Hope appeared in over 70 films and shorts, including a series of...
- Bob Seger
- Hard rock Artist, Social network user, Musician, TV Actor, Featured artist, Influence Node, Broadcast Artist, Hall of fame inductee, Record Producer, Guitarist
Robert Clark "Bob" Seger is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist and pianist. As a locally successful Detroit-area artist, he performed and recorded as Bob Seger and the Last Heard and Bob Seger System throughout the 1960s. By the early 1970s, he...
- Bob cut
A bob cut or bob is a short haircut for women in which the hair is typically cut straight around the head at about jaw-level, often with a fringe at the front.
- Amusement Ride Theme, Sport, Olympic discipline, Video Game Subject
Bobsleigh or bobsled is a winter sport in which teams of two or four teammates make timed runs down narrow, twisting, banked, iced tracks in a gravity-powered sled. The timed runs are combined to calculate the final score. The various types of sleds...
- Bob de Bouwer - Werk in uitvoering
- Children's TV Program, Identity, Topic, TV Program, Film, Musical Artist
Bob the Builder is a British children's animated television show created by Keith Chapman. In the original series Bob appears as a building contractor specializing in masonry in a stop motion animated programme with his colleague Wendy, various...
- Bob Dole
- Politician, TV Personality, Author, U.S. Congressperson, Organization founder, Public figure with medical condition, TV Actor, TV program guest, Person, Organization leader
Robert Joseph "Bob" Dole is an American politician who represented Kansas in the United States Senate from 1969 to 1996 and in the House of Representatives from 1961 to 1969. In the 1976 presidential election, Dole was the Republican Party nominee...
- The Bob & Tom Show
- Broadcast Content
The Bob & Tom Show is a syndicated US radio program established by Bob Kevoian and Tom Griswold at radio station WFBQ in Indianapolis, Indiana, March 7, 1983, and syndicated nationally since January 6, 1995. Originally syndicated by Premiere...
- Bob Geldof
- Rock Artist, Musician, Identity, Chivalric Order Member, TV Program Creator, Musical Artist, TV Personality, TV Actor, Ranked item, Film subject
Bob Geldof is a musician, actor and political activist.