Meaning : High, Noble, Taken from the celtic word "bre" which means hill. The name was first used by Irish King Bryan Boru which lead to its popularity in Ireland., High, noble, High; noble,
Pronunciation : (BRAY-ahn), BRY un, BRIE-ən (Irish, English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Brian:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Brian:
- Norse Meaning: The name Brian is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Brian is: Strong.
- American Meaning: The name Brian is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Brian is: Strong.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Brian is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Brian is: In use in England since the Middle Ages. Possibly connected with the Irish word for Hill thus 'He ascends.'. Also some texts define it as Strong. 10th century Brian Boru was a high king and great national hero of Ireland.
- English Meaning: The name Brian is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Brian is: Brought to England by the Breton companions of William the Conqueror, this name is originally derived from the Irish word for hill.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Brian is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Brian is: Legendary son of Turenn. 'Strong'.
- Long the more popular of the Brian/Bryan duo, this version’s finally fallen behind. Both names have been declining slowly but steadily since the ’70s, but Brian’s fall has been much more drastic, since its peak of eight in ’70 and from ’72 to ’77 was far higher than Bryan’s peak of 41 in ’77. Despite its drop down the charts, the name remains a strong, solid choice for a little boy. It also has a pretty nice meaning -- it’s likely linked to the Celtic “bre” which means “hill” or “high and noble.”
- The meaning of this name is not known for certain but it is possibly related to the old Celtic element bre meaning "hill", or by extension "high, noble". It was borne by the semi-legendary Irish king Brian Boru, who thwarted Viking attempts to conquer Ireland in the 11th century. He was slain in the Battle of Clontarf, though his forces were decisively victorious. The name was common in Ireland before his time, and even more so afterwards. It came into use in England in the Middle Ages, introduced by Breton settlers. It subsequently became rare, but was revived in the 20th century.
Definition funny of Brian:
- "Man isn't he dreamy. He is such a Brian." "That's my best bud right there. He is the greatest Brian ever." "Everyone bow down to the Brian." "Only a Brian can save all of humanity". "He just pulled a Brian."
- 1. "God, he's really in denial about that girl---he's acting like a Brian." 2. She thanked him for listening and named him her Brian. 3. "You've been such a Brian to me since I met you. Thanks for always being there for me."
- Woman: I’m the luckiest woman in the world… Her Girlfriend: Why is that? Woman: Because… I have a Brian! Her Girlfriend: Damn girl… You are lucky… Can we share him? Woman: Sure!! Sounds like fun… He’s hung like a horse, so there’s plenty to go around!! Her Girlfriend: Great!! Let’s go get started then…
- Wow, that must be a Brian! Last night I had the best fuck ever with some random guy, he must have been a Brian That Brian is a real cynical asshole. Lets see what Brian's advice is. Wait. Here comes Brian, he'll know what to do, he always does. Shit! Here comes Brian, lets change the subject or else we'll never be able to finish! -Oh god, there's Brian now. I'm so nervous. I just feel like he doesn't even notice me until he's staring deep into my eyes while making love. -How long have you been together? -Eight months, a week, two days and six hours. -Woa, and you still talk like that? -If you only knew girl! Hi babe (Brian)-You know I don't like being called babe, my name is Brian (with gentle smirk on his face) I missed you lady.
- Brian Thundercock
- The Irish king Brian Boru exemplifies the meaning of his name.
- Brian is a great listener! Brian is so funny. Brian rocks my socks. Brian is my Siorghra'
Expression information Brian:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Brian:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Brian:
- Brian & Vince Experience (The Rap) - Suburban Legends
- Brian Hennessey written - Shel Silverstein, performed
- Brian Song (Monty Python) - Michael Palin, Andre Jacquemin and Dave Howman
- Brian Wilson - Barenaked Ladies
- Brian Wilson Said - Tears for Fears
- What Would Brian Boitano Do? - Trey Parker and Matt Stone
- Brian Wilson (Live) by Barenaked Ladies from the Album Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits 1991-2001
- Brian Wilson by Barenaked Ladies from the Album Gordon
- Before I'm Yours [feat. Brian Logan Dales] by Cole Plante from the Album Before I'm Yours
- Lucy (feat. Brian May) by Adam Lambert from the Album The Original High (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]
Books about Brian:
- Brian's Winter - Mar 13, 2012 by Gary Paulsen
- The Marvels - Sep 15, 2015 by Brian Selznick
- Live Love Lead: Your Best Is Yet to Come! - Sep 15, 2015 by Brian Houston
- A Curious Mind: The Secret to a Bigger Life - Apr 7, 2015 by Brian Grazer and Charles Fishman
- Reframe: From the God We've Made . . . to God with Us - Sep 17, 2015 by Brian Hardin
- Gardening: Air-Cleaning House Plants to Purify Your Home - DIY Home, Home Gardening & Indoor Gardening (Healthy... - Aug 14, 2015 by Brian Adams
- Ketogenic Diet: Beginner's Guide Ketogenic Diet - Overcome Belly Fat, Lose Pounds & Live Healthy - Aug 25, 2015 by Brian Sudol
- Brian's Return - Mar 13, 2012 by Gary Paulsen
- Mark: Miracles and Mercy (Passion Translation) (The Passion Translation) - Oct 1, 2015 by Simmons Brian
- Brian's Hunt - Mar 13, 2012 by Gary Paulsen
Movies about Brian:
- Steven Spielberg Presents Pinky and the Brain: The Complete First Volume1995 CC
- Steven Spielberg Presents Pinky and The Brain: The Complete Third Volume1998 CC
- Brian Wilson - Songwriter: 1969-19822012 NR CC
- Steven Spielberg Presents Pinky and The Brain: Vol. 21997 CC
- Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: In Conversation with Brian Williams: Live at the Paley Center2013 NR CC
- Brian Eno - 1971-1977: The Man Who Fell To Earth2011 NR CC
- AC/DC - And Then There Was Rock: Life Before Brian Unauthorized2005 NR CC
- Uncle Brian2010 NR CC
- Richard Dawkins with Brian Greene2013 NR CC
- Redwall Season 11999 CC
Famous about Brian:
- Bryan Greenberg (alt. spelling) - actor
- Bryan Adams (alt. spelling) - musician
- Brian Boitano - Olympic gold medalist
- Brian Williams - journalist
- Brian Austin Green - actor
Wiki information Brian:
- Brian Wilson
- Psychedelic pop Artist, Topic, Award Winner, Influence Node, Person Or Being In Fiction, Author, Theatrical Lyricist, Award Nominee, Musician, Lyricist
Brian Douglas Wilson is an American musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer best known for being the multi-tasking leader and co-founder of the Beach Boys. After signing with Capitol Records in 1962, Wilson wrote or co-wrote more than two...
- Brian May
- Hard rock Artist, Record Producer, Musician, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Organization leader, Public figure with medical condition, TV Actor, TV Personality, TV program guest
Brian Harold May, CBE is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and astrophysicist who achieved international fame as the lead guitarist of the rock band Queen. He uses a home-built electric guitar, called the Red Special. His compositions for the...
- Brian Boru
- Person, Noble person, Military Commander, Military Person, Film subject, Deceased Person, Politician
Brian Boru was an Irish king who ended the domination of the High Kingship of Ireland by the Uí Néill. Building on the achievements of his father, Cennétig mac Lorcain, and especially his elder brother, Mathgamain, Brian first made himself King of...
- Brian Cox
- Physicist, Influence Node, Academic, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Musician, TV Actor, Person, Film actor
Brian Edward Cox, OBE, is an English physicist, and professor of particle physics in the School of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Manchester. He is best known to the public as the presenter of science programmes, especially the Wonders...
- Brian Eno
- Progressive rock Artist, Songwriter, Author, Award Nominee, Film music contributor, Award Winner, Film actor, Broadcast Artist, Organization leader, Topic
Brian Eno is a film score composer.
- Brian McKnight
- Pop Artist, Film actor, Guitarist, Film music contributor, TV Personality, Award Winner, Musical Artist, Person, Award Nominee, Lyricist
Brian McKnight is an American R&B singer-songwriter, arranger, producer, and musician. He is a multi-instrumentalist who plays eight instruments including piano, guitar, bass guitar, percussion, trombone, tuba, flugelhorn and trumpet. He is one of...
- Life of Brian
- Comedy Film, Dedicated Work, Quotation Source, Film, Topic, Netflix Title, Ranked item
Monty Python's Life of Brian, also known as Life of Brian, is a 1979 British comedy film starring and written by the comedy group Monty Python, and directed by Jones. It tells the story of Brian Cohen, a young Jewish man who is born on the same day...
- , Lyricist, Composer, Hall of fame inductee, Musical Artist, Musical Group, Award Winner
Holland–Dozier–Holland is a songwriting and production team made up of Lamont Dozier and brothers Brian and Eddie Holland. The trio wrote, arranged and produced many songs that helped define the Motown sound in the 1960s. During their tenure at...
- Brian Pillman
- Wrestler, Deceased Person, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Personality, American football player, Person, Athlete, TV Actor, Measured person, Film actor
Brian William Pillman was an American football player and professional wrestler best known for his appearances in World Championship Wrestling, Extreme Championship Wrestling and the World Wrestling Federation in the 1990s. Pillman had a legacy as...
- Hardcore hip hop Artist, Composer, Film producer, Music video performer, Identity, Award Winner, Film actor, TV Actor, Record Producer, TV Personality
Christopher Brian "Chris" Bridges, better known by his stage name Ludacris, is an American rapper, entrepreneur and actor. Along with his manager, Chaka Zulu, Ludacris is the co-founder of Disturbing tha Peace, an imprint distributed by Def Jam...