Meaning : Derived from the Greek name Aikaterina, meaning 'pure' and 'clear'. It is the name given to several important Christian saints., Pure,
Pronunciation : (KATH-er-in), CATH er in, ka-tə-REEN (French), ka-TREEN (French), KATH-ə-rin (English), KATH-rin (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Catherine:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Catherine:
- Catherine is an English name that can be traced back to the Greek name Aikaterina. The meaning of this Greek name is uncertain - it may be linked to 'aikia' meaning 'torture', or on a more pleasant note, 'katharos' meaning 'pure'. The name first penetrated England in the medieval period. Famous bearers of the name include Catherine Zeta Jones (actress) and Catherine of Aragon, one of Henry VIII's six wives.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Catherine is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Catherine is: Innocent.
- American Meaning: The name Catherine is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Catherine is: Innocent.
- French Meaning: The name Catherine is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Catherine is: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin Katharina, from the Greek Aikaterina. It was borne by a number of saints, including St Catherine of Alexandria, a 4th century martyr who suffered torture on a spiked wheel.
- Latin Meaning: The name Catherine is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Catherine is: Pure, clear. Form of the Latin 'Katharina', from the Greek 'Aikaterina'. It was borne by a number of saints, including St Catherine of Alexandria, a 4th century martyr who suffered torture on a spiked wheel.
- Greek Meaning: The name Catherine is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Catherine is: Pure. Famous bearer: Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia.
- Irish Meaning: The name Catherine is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Catherine is: Pure. Clear. Innocent. From the Gaelic form Caitlin.
- French form of KATHERINE, and also a common English variant.
Definition funny of Catherine:
- Jake: dude, whos that fine girl over there? John: you dont know!? John: that's catherine!
- catherine is awesome
- boy-who is she? boy2-thats catherine!!!
- Person 1: Jesus is the best thing that has happened to this world. Person 2: Yeah, I know, he's Catherine.
- "I wish I were more Catherine" "Catherine, how I love you"
- Who is that chick? Oh, that's a Catherine.. naturally!
- 1.Dammmmmn, it's catherine. 2.Admirer:Catherine, let's intercourse? Catherine: Hah, You sweaaaaaaa!
Expression information Catherine:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Catherine:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Catherine:
- Catherine - PJ Harvey
- Czarina Catherine - Peace Burial At Sea
- Song for Catherine - K's Choice
- Diamond Rings And Old Barstools [with Catherine Dunn] by Tim McGraw from the Album Sundown Heaven Town (Deluxe)
- Diamond Rings And Old Barstools [feat. Catherine Dunn] by Tim McGraw from the Album Sundown Heaven Town
- Catherine Howard by Rick Wakeman from the Album The Six Wives Of Henry VIII
- Catherine Parr by Rick Wakeman from the Album The Six Wives Of Henry VIII
- Adam And Catherine's Tango by Dustin O'Halloran from the Album An American Affair (Music from the Motion Picture)
- All That Jazz (Karaoke Instrumental Track) [In the Style of Catherine Zeta-Jones] by ProSound Karaoke Band from the Album Audition Songs: Backing Tracks for Chicago
- Catherine by Crabby Appleton from the Album Crabby Appleton
Books about Catherine:
- Catherine - Aug 1, 2008 by Sigrid Weidenweber
- Nemesis (An FBI Thriller) - Jul 7, 2015 by Catherine Coulter
- The End Game (A Brit in the FBI) - Sep 15, 2015 by Catherine Coulter and J. T. Ellison
- Treasured by Thursday (Weekday Brides Series) - Aug 18, 2015 by Catherine Bybee
- Catherine - Aug 19, 2014 by April Lindner
- The Lost Key (A Brit in the FBI) - Aug 25, 2015 by Catherine Coulter and J. T. Ellison
- Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman - Sep 18, 2012 by Robert K. Massie
- Catherine: One Love is Enough (Catherine Series Book 1) - Feb 27, 2015 by Juliette Benzoni
- Power Play (An FBI Thriller) - Jun 30, 2015 by Catherine Coulter
- Catherine, Called Birdy - Jun 19, 2012 by Karen Cushman
Movies about Catherine:
- The Royal Wedding: His Royal Highness Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton2011 NR
- Traffic2000 R
- Young Catherine1991 Unrated
- What Now, Catherine Curtis?1976 NR
- Catherine the Great2005 NR
- Repulsion1965 Unrated
- The Royal Wedding: William & Catherine2011 NR
- Saint Catherine of Siena2011 NR
- The Catherine Cookson Anthology1995 NR
- Better Things: The Life and Choices of Jeffrey Catherine Jones2012 NR
Wiki information Catherine:
- Catherine the Great
- Person, Noble person, Librettist, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Family member, Politician, Organization founder
Yekaterina Alexeyevna or Catherine II, also known as Catherine the Great, was the most renowned and the longest-ruling female leader of Russia, reigning from 1762 until her death in 1796 at the age of 67. She was born in Stettin, Pomerania, Prussia...
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
- Topic, Person, Family member, Film subject, Namesake, Person or entity appearing in film, Ranked item, Noble person, Identity
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, is the wife of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. Following his father Charles, Prince of Wales, William is second in line to succeed his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, as monarch of the United Kingdom and 15 other...
- Catherine of Aragon
- Person, Noble person, Theater Character, Person Or Being In Fiction, Literature Subject, Fictional Character, Deceased Person, Family member, Name source
Catherine of Aragon was Queen of England from 1509 until 1533 as the first wife of King Henry VIII; she was previously Princess of Wales as the wife of Prince Arthur. The daughter of Queen Isabella I of Castile and King Ferdinand II of Aragon,...
- Catherine of Alexandria
- Name source, Person, Deceased Person
Saint Catherine of Alexandria, also known as Saint Catherine of the Wheel and The Great Martyr Saint Catherine is, according to tradition, a Christian saint and virgin, who was martyred in the early 4th century at the hands of the pagan emperor...
- Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton
- Award-Nominated Work, Event
The wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Catherine Middleton took place on 29 April 2011 at Westminster Abbey in London, England. The groom, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, is the eldest son of Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana,...
- Catherine de' Medici
- Family member, Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person, Identity
Catherine de' Medici, daughter of Lorenzo II de' Medici and of Madeleine de La Tour d'Auvergne, was an Italian noblewoman who was Queen of France from 1547 until 1559, as the wife of King Henry II. As the mother of three sons who became kings of...
- Catherine of Siena
- Philosopher, Person, Deceased Person, Author, Name source, Politician
Saint Catherine of Siena, T.O.S.D., was a tertiary of the Dominican Order and a Scholastic philosopher and theologian. She also worked to bring the papacy of Gregory XI back to Rome from its displacement in France and to establish peace among the...
- Catherine I of Russia
- Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Politician, Family member, Monarch, Noble person, Deceased Person
Catherine I, the second wife of Peter I of Russia, reigned as Empress of Russia from 1725 until her death.
- Saint Catherine Street
- Location, Road
Saint Catherine Street is the primary commercial artery of Downtown Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It crosses the central business district from west to east, beginning at the corner of Claremont Avenue and de Maisonneuve Boulevard in the city of...
- Catherine of Braganza
- Politician, Noble person, Topic, Family member, Person, Deceased Person
Catherine of Braganza was Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland from 1662 to 1685, as the wife of King Charles II. Catherine was born into the House of Braganza, the most senior noble house of Portugal, which became Portugal's royal house after...