Meaning : Blind, Blind to One's Own Beauty, Blind To One's Own Beauty, This name means 'blind' and is associated with the Christian martyr Saint Cecilia, who is the patron saint of music and musicians.,
Pronunciation : seh SEE lee ah, sə-SEE-lee-ə (English), sə-SEEL-yə (English), che-CHEE-lyah (Italian), the-THEE-lyah (Spanish), se-SEE-lyah (Latin American Spanish), se-SEEL-yah (Danish, Norwegian), SE-see-lee-ah (Finnish) , (SahSIYLYah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Cecilia:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Cecilia:
- Cecilia is derived from the Latin 'caecus' meaning 'blind'. It was introduced to the UK in the medieval period, where it's popularity grew considerably.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Cecilia is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Cecilia is: Blind.
- American Meaning: The name Cecilia is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Cecilia is: Blind.
- Latin Meaning: The name Cecilia is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Cecilia is: Blind. Famous bearer: The blind St. Cecilie, patron saint of music, was a talented musician.
- English Meaning: The name Cecilia is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Cecilia is: A feminine form of Cecil, derived from the Roman clan name Caecilius, which is based on the Latin coccus meaning 'blind'. This name was introduced into Britain by one of the daughters of William the Conqueror.
- Latinate feminine form of the Roman family name Caecilius, which was derived from Latin caecus "blind". Saint Cecilia was a semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to die because she refused to worship the Roman gods. After attempts to suffocate her failed, she was beheaded. She was later regarded as the patron saint of music and musicians. Due to the popularity of the saint, the name became common in the Christian world during the Middle Ages. The Normans brought it to England, where it was commonly spelled Cecily - the Latinate form Cecilia came into use in the 18th century.
Definition funny of Cecilia:
- 1.That Cecilia Over there? u see heR? who is she? 2.I am totally lusting for that Cecilia.
- Guy 1: Damn! Do you see that girl!? Guy 2: She has the best ass I've ever seen!! Guy 3: Yeah, that ass is fat, but what's better is her intellect. She's a Cecilia!
- "Dude, you have to go meet Cecilia shes a sex god"
- the cecilia is one cool cat! cecilia=spiffy. you know. all that jazz.
- dang!!she's sooo... CECILIA!!!
- Cecilia! I could hear you from down the street! What do you think you're doing, Cecilia? Cecilia, where did you get your creativity from? I think Cecilia had the best personality throughout the whole season.
- Simon: Cecilia! You're breaking my heart! You're shaking my confidence daily! Cecilia: Yo bitch, go wash your nasty-ass face I've got shit to get done. Daaaaaymn!
Expression information Cecilia:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Cecilia:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Cecilia:
- Cecilia - Ace of Base
- Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
- Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon - The Blood Brothers
- Cecilia Ann - Pixies
- Cecilia And The Satellite by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness from the Album Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness
- Cecilia by Simon & Garfunkel from the Album The Best Of Simon & Garfunkel
- Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart) [feat. Shawn Mendes] by The Vamps from the Album Meet The Vamps
- Cecilia And The Satellite (Toy Version) by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness from the Album Cecilia And The Satellite (Toy Version)
- Cecilia by Jesse Cook from the Album The Rumba Foundation
- El Gustito - La Cecilia by Mariachi Juvenil Tecalitlan from the Album Mexico En Su Música
Books about Cecilia:
- Cecilia; Or, Memoirs of an Heiress - Volume 1 - May 12, 2012 by Fanny Burney
- Cecilia, or Memoirs of an Heiress (Oxford World's Classics) - Jan 15, 2009 by Frances Burney and Peter Sabor
- Cecilia and the Bumblebees (Volume 1) - Jan 8, 2015 by EM.EM. Genesis
- A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong: A Blackshear Family novella (Blackshear Family series Book 0) - Dec 4, 2014 by Cecilia Grant
- Cecilia; Or, Memoirs of an Heiress - Volume 2 - May 12, 2012 by Fanny Burney
- The Poet and the Prophecy: Magic University Book Four - Sep 15, 2015 by Cecilia Tan
- Countermeasure (Single Edition): A Countermeasure Series Novel - Jan 12, 2012 by Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey
- Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot - Sep 1, 2004 by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer
- And Then Came A Lion (Lions and Lambs Book 1) - Nov 4, 2013 by Cecilia Marie Pulliam
- Closer to Death in a Garden (Pitkirtly Mysteries Book 10) - Sep 11, 2015 by Cecilia Peartree
Movies about Cecilia:
- Cecilia Bartoli: The Barcelona Concert (No dialog) [HD] G
- Cecilia2007 Unrated
- Viva Vivaldi! Arias & Concertos / Cecilia Bartoli · Il Giardino Armonico2001 NR
- Charlie Rose with Peter Singer; Cecilia Bartoli; Samuel Mockbee2006
- Cecilia and Bryn at Glyndebourne - Arias and Duets / Opus Arte, Bryn Terfel, Cecilia Bartoli2008 NR
- The Legend of Speed Blu-Ray (Region A) (English Subtitled) Ekin Cheng, Cecilia Cheung1999
- Maria: Cecilia Bartoli2009 NR
- Sexo Pudor y Lagrimas [NTSC/Region 1 and 4 dvd. Import - Latin America] Cecilia Suarez - No English options.1999
- Speed Angels Blu-Ray (Region A) (English Subtitled) Cecilia Cheung, Tang Wei2012 R
- Cecilia Bartoli - Live in Italy1998 NR
Wiki information Cecilia:
- Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia
- College/University, Educational Institution, Location, Educational Institution Campus, Organization, Employer
The Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia is one of the oldest musical institutions in the world, founded by the papal bull Ratione congruit, issued by Sixtus V in 1585, which invoked two saints prominent in Western musical history: Gregory the Great,...
- Saint Cecilia
- Person, Deceased Person, Name source, Literature Subject, Art Subject
Saint Cecilia is the patroness of musicians. It is written that as the musicians played at her wedding she "sang in her heart to the Lord". Her feast day is celebrated in the Latin Catholic, Eastern Catholic, Anglican, and Eastern Orthodox churches...
- Cecilia Bartoli
- Singer, TV Personality, Award Winner, Identity, Topic, Musician, Opera singer, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic
Cecilia Bartoli, Cavaliere OMRI is an Italian coloratura mezzo-soprano opera singer and recitalist. She is best known for her interpretations of the music of Mozart and Rossini, as well as for her performances of lesser-known Baroque and classical...
- Musical Recording, Canonical Version, Cataloged instance
- Cecilia Cheung
- Actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Musical Artist, Musician, Award Winner, Person, Film actor
Cecilia Chang is an actress.
- Singer, Musician, Person, Deceased Person, Musical Artist
Evangelina Sobredo Galanes, known as Cecilia, was a Spanish singer-songwriter. She took her stage name from the song "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel.
- Santa Cecilia in Trastevere
- Roman Catholic Place of Worship, Location, Building, Place of worship, Structure, Project focus
Santa Cecilia in Trastevere is a 5th-century church in Rome, Italy, devoted to Saint Cecilia, in the Trastevere rione.
- Statistical region, Dated location, US Census Designated Place, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location
Cecilia is a census-designated place in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 1,505 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Lafayette Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Orchestra dell'Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia
- Classical Artist, Musical Group, Orchestra, Musical Artist, Conducted Ensemble
The Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia was the first orchestra in Italy to devote itself exclusively to symphonic repertoire, giving premieres of major masterpieces of the 20th century such as Respighi’s Fountains of Rome and Pines...
- Cecilia Roth
- Actor, Award Winner, TV Actor, Film actor, Person, Film costumer designer, Award Nominee
Cecilia Roth is an Argentine actress.