Meaning : Blind of Self Beauty, From the Latin caecus meaning 'blind', a variant form of Cecilia., Blind Of Self Beauty, Sightless,
Pronunciation : SES ih lee, SES-i-lee , (SES-ill-ee),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Cecily:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Cecily:
- Cecily is a variant of the name Cecilia, which is the feminine version of the masculine Cecil. Cecil is of Latin origin and it is said to mean ‘Sightless’. Cecil was a Roman family name and when first used as a given name it was actually used for girls, so it was in fact originally a feminine name.
- Latin Meaning: The name Cecily is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Cecily is: Blind. Famous bearer: The blind St. Cecilie, patron saint of music, was a talented musician.
- English Meaning: The name Cecily is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Cecily is: A feminine form of Cecil, derived from the Roman clan name Caecilius, which is based on the Latin 'coccus' meaning 'blind'.
- English form of CECILIA. This was the usual English form during the Middle Ages.
Definition funny of Cecily:
- Cecily is a girl
- "That girl over there is Cecily"
- Chub Chub is a cecily.
- That's my friend, she is my best bud she's a real Cecily
- I remember the time place and the weather on day you said hi to me cecily
- Cecily Cardew from the play, "The Importance of Being Earnest", by Oscar Wilde is described as a child of nature, as ingenuous and unspoiled as a pink rose, to which Algernon compares her in Act II. However, her ingenuity is belied by her fascination with wickedness. She is obsessed with the name Ernest just as Gwendolen is, but wickedness is primarily what leads her to fall in love with “Uncle Jack’s brother,” whose reputation is wayward enough to intrigue her. Like Algernon and Jack, she is a fantasist. She has invented her romance with Ernest and elaborated it with as much artistry and enthusiasm as the men have their spurious obligations and secret identities. Though she does not have an alter-ego as vivid or developed as Bunbury or Ernest, her claim that she and Algernon/Ernest are already engaged is rooted in the fantasy world she’s created around Ernest. Cecily is probably the most realistically drawn character in the play, and she is the only character who does not speak in epigrams. Her charm lies in her idiosyncratic cast of mind and her imaginative capacity, qualities that derive from Wilde’s notion of life as a work of art. These elements of her personality make her a perfect mate for Algernon.
- Man she's been passed round more than twos on a fag she's a full on Cecily.
Expression information Cecily:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Cecily:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Cecily:
- Cecily - Sandy Salisbury
- Cecily Smith (Bonus Track) by Will Connolly from the Album Fly By Night (Original Off-Broadway Cast Recording)
- After All (I've Done for You) [feat. Corrine Brown & Cecily Brackin] by Krystal Klear from the Album After All (I've Done for You) [feat. Corrine Brown & Cecily Brackin]
- Cecily by The John Bunch Quintet from the Album John's Bunch
- Cecily by Tripp Edwards from the Album Broken EP
- Cecily by Sandy Salisbury from the Album Do Unto Others
- Cecily by O'2l from the Album O'2L
- Cecily by Blake & the Family Dog from the Album Stolen Days
- Cecily by Richard Maule from the Album Roots - EP
- Cecily by Tha Misfit from the Album Tha Bastard Child of Hip Hop [Explicit]
Books about Cecily:
- Cecily G. and the 9 Monkeys (Curious George) - Sep 24, 2007 by H. A. Rey and Margret Rey
- Cecily Parsley's Nursery Rhymes (Peter Rabbit) - Sep 16, 2002 by Beatrix Potter
- Diamond Head: A Novel - Apr 14, 2015 by Cecily Wong
- Cecily Cicada - Apr 30, 2004 by Kita Helmetag Murdock and Patsy Helmetag
- Cecily Brown - Jul 28, 2015 by Alessandro Rabottini and Anna Musini
- Cecily Neville: Mother of Kings - Aug 19, 2014 by Amy Licence
- Cecily - 1978 by Clare Darcy
- Core Concepts of Accounting - Nov 3, 2009 by Cecily A. Raiborn
- O'Nights - Apr 14, 2015 by Cecily Parks
- Cecily Brown - Nov 11, 2008 by Dore Ashton and Lari Pittman
Movies about Cecily:
- Poor Cecily ( Lady In Trouble (Erotic Adventures of Poor Cecily) ) Unrated
- Charlie Rose with Shirley Manson, Duke Erikson, Steve Marker & Butch Vig; Claire Danes; Damian Loeb, Cecily Brown...2006
- Easter Classics, Show-me-a-story (Show Me a Story) Based on the Tales of Beatrix Potter, with a Special Added...1994 by brian mcnamara and sydney walker
Wiki information Cecily:
- Cecily Neville, Duchess of York
- Noble person, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person
Cecily Neville, Duchess of York was an English noblewoman, the wife of Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York, and the mother of two Kings of England, Edward IV and Richard III. Cecily Neville was known as "the Rose of Raby", because she was born at...
- Cecily Strong
- Comedian, Person, TV Personality, TV Actor
Cecily Strong is an American actress, voice actress, and comedian. She is a cast member of Saturday Night Live, joining the show in 2012.
- Cecily of York
- Noble person, Person, Deceased Person
Cecily of York, Viscountess Welles was an English Princess and the third, but eventual second surviving, daughter of Edward IV, King of England and his queen consort Elizabeth, née Lady Elizabeth Grey, daughter of Richard Woodville, 1st Earl Rivers...
- Cecily Brown
- Painting Artist, Author, Person, Visual Artist
Cecily Brown is a British painter. Her style displays the influence of a variety of painters, from Francisco de Goya, Willem de Kooning, Francis Bacon and Joan Mitchell, to Old Masters like Rubens and Poussin, yet her works also present a distinctly...
- Cecily Adams
- Casting Director, Film casting director, TV Actor, Person, Deceased Person
Cecily April Adams was an American actress, casting director, and lyricist.
- Cecily Tynan
- TV Journalist, TV Personality, Person, Topic
Cecily Joan Tynan is an American television reporter who has been with WPVI-TV since 1995. As of 2013, she is the 5, 6, and 11 pm weathercaster. She also hosts the Saturday evening public affairs program Primetime Weekend; the show was co-hosted by...
- Cecily von Ziegesar
- Novelist, Author, Identity, Fictional Character Creator, Person, Influence Node, TV Writer
Cecily Brooke von Ziegesar is an American author best known for the young adult Gossip Girl series of novels.
- Cecily Bonville, 7th Baroness Harington
- Deceased Person, Noble person, Person
Cecily Bonville, 7th Baroness Harington and 2nd Baroness Bonville was an English peer, who was also Marchioness of Dorset by her first marriage to Thomas Grey, 1st Marquess of Dorset, and Countess of Wiltshire by her second marriage to Henry...
- Cecily Fay
- Actor, Topic, , Musician, Film actor, Musical Artist, Composer, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Lyricist
Cecily Fay is an actress, stunt performer and film score composer.
- Cecily McMillan
- Activist, Person
Cecily McMillan is a labor activist and graduate student who was charged with a felony assault on a police officer on March 2012.