Meaning : A Fortress, Camp, Derived from the word 'castra' which means 'fort' or 'soldier's camp'. It has come from the name of the town of Chester., Fort,
Pronunciation : (CHEH-ster), CHES ter, CHES-tər ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Chester:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Chester:
- Chester was originally an English surname, derived from the name of the city Chester. The name of the place itself originates from the Latin word for ‘Fort’, as it is famous for its fort connected with Hadrian’s wall. It is sometimes shortened to the pet name Chet. Chester Bennington is the lead vocalist for the band Linkin Park.
- Latin Meaning: The name Chester is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Chester is: Camp.
- American Meaning: The name Chester is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Chester is: Camp.
- English Meaning: The name Chester is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Chester is: From an English surname and place name, but ultimately based on the Latin 'castra' meaning camp. Famous people: American president Chester A. Arthur.
- From a surname which originally belonged to a person who came from Chester, an old Roman settlement in Britain. The name of the settlement came from Latin castrum "fortified place".
Definition funny of Chester:
- "That new prisoner is 'Chester the Child Molester.' "
- this fat chester and his looser friends think they can get along with that arrogant attitude..
- You're such a chester.
- I honestly really wish Chester would get his head out of his ass and notice me!
- You heard about them shootings down in Chester?
- Windmills have no benefits! Are you serious? Wow, you're totally chestering right now. Obamacare is so expensive. Where'd you chester that from, FOX News?
- person A: do you have a cat or dog? person B: i'll give you a hint: his name is chester person A: ohh so it's a cat! cool name
Expression information Chester:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Chester:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Chester:
- Chester Nimitz Oriental Garden Waltz - Austin Lounge Lizards
- Chester the Molester - Sloan
- Chester Woolah - Austin Lounge Lizards
- Cliché (Chester Wong Dirty Dragon Mix) by Simone Denny from the Album Divas to the Dancefloor, Vol. 2
- Chester Medley: Chester Slow / Chester Quick / Yankee Doodle by The Colonial Williamsburg Fifes and Drums from the Album Echoes of Revolution
- What Women Want (feat. Chester See & Kassem G) by Rhett and Link from the Album What Women Want (feat. Chester See & Kassem G)
- Gooey Rework [feat. Chester Watson] by Glass Animals from the Album Remixes [Explicit]
- Play Your Part (Feat. Meek Mill, Rick Ross & D.A. Of Chester French) [Explicit] by Wale from the Album MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1 [Explicit]
- Chester by The United States Air Force Heritage of America Band from the Album 50 American Patriotic Military Songs
- Beautiful Jam [Live in Port Chester, February 19, 1971] by The Grateful Dead from the Album So Many Roads [1965-1995]
Books about Chester:
- Chester - Aug 1, 2009 by Melanie Watt
- Chester (I Can Read Book 1) - Apr 18, 1986 by Syd Hoff
- Chester's Back! - Mar 1, 2013 by Melanie Watt
- Chester's Masterpiece - Mar 1, 2010 by Melanie Watt
- Chester's Way - Sep 22, 1997 by Kevin Henkes
- A Kissing Hand for Chester Raccoon - Apr 15, 2014 by Audrey Penn and Barbara Leonard Gibson
- Failing Our Brightest Kids: The Global Challenge of Educating High-Ability Students (Educational Innovations Series) - Sep 15, 2015 by Chester E. Finn Jr. and Brandon L. Wright
- Code Talker: The First and Only Memoir By One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII - Aug 7, 2012 by Chester Nez and Judith Schiess Avila
- If He Hollers Let Him Go: A Novel (Himes, Chester) - Sep 3, 2002 by Chester Himes and Hilton Als
- You Can Change: God's Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative Emotions - Mar 4, 2010 by Tim Chester
Movies about Chester:
- Chester Himes: A Rage In Harlem, Internationally Acclaimed Writer2006 NR CC
- Gunsmoke: Season 11955 Unrated
- Menotti - The Consul / Patricia Neway, Chester Ludgin1960 NR
- The Big Picture - The Admiral Chester Nimitz Story2008 NR
- The Black American Experience Famous Writers 2 Pack : Chester Himes & Ralph Ellison2006 NR
- Longines Chronoscope Interviews, 1953, v.20: Chester Bowles, Clayton Fritchey2007 NR
- Biography: Admiral Chester Nimitz: Thunder of the Pacific2008 NR
- Pearl Harbor: Admiral Chester Nimitz, Thunder of the Pacific Part III Dvd! History Channel
- The Big Picture - The Admiral Chester Nimitz Story2008
- Eric Adams & Chester Moores: Wild Life Wild Times2005 NR
Wiki information Chester:
- Organization scope, Dated location, Location, Administrative Division, Fictional Setting, Name source, Travel destination, Statistical region, Capital of administrative division, City/Town/Village
Chester is a city in Cheshire, England. Lying on the River Dee, close to the border with Wales, it is the largest and most populous settlement of the unitary authority area of Cheshire West and Chester, which had a population of 328,100 according to...
- Location, Dated location, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, City/Town/Village
Chester is a city in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, United States, with a population of 33,972 at the 2010 census. Chester is situated on the Delaware River, between the cities of Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware.
- Dated location, Location, Travel destination, Administrative Division, Name source, English non-metropolitan county, Identity, Statistical region
Cheshire is a county in North West England, bordering Merseyside and Greater Manchester to the north, Derbyshire to the east, Staffordshire and Shropshire to the south and Wales to the west. Cheshire's county town is Chester; the largest town is...
- Chester County
- Location, Newspaper circulation area, Namesake, Statistical region, Administrative Division, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, US County
Chester County is a county located in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. As of the 2010 census, the population was 498,886. The county seat is West Chester. Chester County was one of the three original Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn in...
- Chester City F.C.
- Organization, Sports Team, Football team
Chester City Football Club was an English football team from Chester which played in a variety of leagues between 1885 and 2010. The club which was founded as Chester F.C., joined the Football League in 1931. Over the next eight decades, the club...
- Chester A. Arthur
- Political Appointer, US Vice President, Literature Subject, Politician, U.S. Congressperson, Deceased Person, Appointer, Name source, Military Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Chester Alan Arthur was an American attorney and politician who served as the 21st President of the United States; he succeeded James A. Garfield upon the latter's assassination. At the outset, Arthur struggled to overcome a slightly negative...
- University of Chester
- Employer, Endowed Organization, Educational Institution, Location, College/University, Organization
The University of Chester is a public university located in the historic city of Chester, England. The university, based on three campuses in Chester and one in Warrington, offers a range of foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well...
- Chester W. Nimitz
- Chivalric Order Member, Military Person, Film actor, Author, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Deceased Person, Military Commander, Person, Name source
Chester William Nimitz was a fleet admiral of the United States Navy. He played a major role in the naval history of World War II as Commander in Chief, United States Pacific Fleet, for U.S. naval forces and Commander in Chief, Pacific Ocean Areas,...
- West Chester
- Administrative Division, Location, Capital of administrative division, HUD Foreclosure Area, HUD County Place, Dated location, City/Town/Village, Organization scope, Statistical region, Sports Team Location
West Chester is a borough and the county seat of Chester County, Pennsylvania in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. The population was 18,461 at the 2010 census. West Chester University of Pennsylvania is located in the borough. Valley Forge, the...
- Chester F.C.
- Sports Team, Football team
Chester Football Club is a supporter-owned association football club from Chester, England. The club was founded in 2010 following the winding-up of Chester City F.C. The club began its inaugural season in the Northern Premier League Division One...