Meaning : Christ-bearer, Bearer of Christ, A biblical name derived from the elements 'christos' meaning 'anointed' and refering to Christ and the element 'pherein' which means to 'carry ' or 'to bear'. Thus the total name means 'bearer of Christ'. Saint Christopher carried the infant Christ across a river.,
Pronunciation : KRIS-tə-fər , (KRIHSTahFer), KRIS toff ur,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Christopher:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Christopher:
- Popular among early Christians who wanted to honour Christ with such a personal link, Christopher is a name that largely rose in popularity in the 16th century. Bearers of this name include the intrepid explorer Christopher Columbus, Lord of the Rings actor Christopher Lee, Christopher Reeve (Superman actor) and Christopher Wren (17th century architect).
- English Meaning: The name Christopher is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Christopher is: He who holds Christ in his heart. Famous Bearers: actors Christopher Plummer and Christopher Walken; explorer Christopher Columbus.
- American Meaning: The name Christopher is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Christopher is: He who holds Christ in his heart. Famous Bearers: actors Christopher Plummer and Christopher Walken; explorer Christopher Columbus.
- Latin Meaning: The name Christopher is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Christopher is: With Christ inside.
- Greek Meaning: The name Christopher is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Christopher is: From the Greek word meaning carrier of Christ, Famous bearer: St Christopher, patron Saint of travellers, is believed to have carried the Christ-child across a river.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Christopher is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Christopher is: King Richard III' Christopher Urswick, a priest. 'The Taming of the Shrew' Christopher Sly, a tinker.
- It’s not hard to see where this name comes from…and would you be surprised that it’s especially popular among Christians? Christopher stems from the Greek Christophoros, which breaks down into “Christ” (christos) and “to bear” (pherein). The name was at first understood metaphorically, meaning someone who carries Christ with him at all times. The legend of St. Christopher, which tells of a saint who carried the child Christ over a river, led to a more literal interpretation and St. Christopher’s title became the patron saint of travelers. In the US, the name took a huge jump from the 1930s (average ranking 333) to the ’50s (47), and peaked in the ’70s and ’80s at an average ranking of two. Since then it’s remained in the top 10, and still feels appropriate for both a child and adult. Consider the nicknames Topher or Toph to freshen it up.
- From the Late Greek name Χριστοφορος (Christophoros) meaning "bearing CHRIST", derived from Χριστος (Christos) combined with φερω (phero) "to bear, to carry". Early Christians used it as a metaphorical name, expressing that they carried Christ in their hearts. In the Middle Ages, literal interpretations of the name's etymology led to legends about a Saint Christopher who carried the young Jesus across a river. He has come to be regarded as the patron saint of travellers. As an English given name, Christopher has been in general use since the 15th century. In Denmark it was borne by three kings (their names are usually spelled Christoffer), including the 15th-century Christopher of Bavaria who also ruled Norway and Sweden. Other famous bearers include Italian explorer Christopher Columbus (1451-1506), English playwright Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593), and the fictional character Christopher Robin from A. A. Milne's 'Winnie-the-Pooh' books.
Definition funny of Christopher:
- Take a deeper look at your Christopher before you let go, he might be the best thing that will ever happen to you.
- Christopher is well cool
- I just got some of the best advice ever. You must of got it from a CHRISTOPHER.
- oh-em-gee, he is such a Christopher
- He's a real Christopher, he had me smiling for days.
- arse naked penis smile funny confusing christopher wilkins Christoper wilko wilkins
- Christopher Culumbus (discovered america and thought it was india...) Christophers want to explore They aren't afraid to travel into foreign countries Christopher, who you often call just "chris" might be the best friend and at the same time the greatest love you can find. It starts with these summers where you just hang around with others, eat pizza on rooftops and listen to jack johnson while cooling you're feet in the pool. the more you get to know him the more you realize he is not just a good friend - he is exactly the person you searched for so long. Sometimes Christophers pretend to be exrtemly cool and funny. the stuff they do to impress the little girls are often comletly akward in you're eyes.but if you want to get a Christopher you have to look behind this mask. there you'll find something so adorable an lovable that you fall for him in seconds. On the inside Christopher is often insecure an doubts himself. but he although has the gift to be so kind and lovely that you feel completly safe with him he cares more about his friend than about himself and wnats everyone to be happy - so that he sometimes forgets about his own needs and wishes. So if there is any possibility to get a Christopher for a friend ore lover this migth be the chance of you're life. Take him and do everything to keep heim. He'll never let you down! Trust him an love him - you won't regret it
Expression information Christopher:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Christopher:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
Songs about Christopher:
- Christopher Lydon - The Dresden Dolls
- Christopher Robin is Saying His Prayers - Gracie Fields
- Hang On St Christopher - Tom Waits
- Just Like Christopher Columbus - The Nields
- The Moon and St. Christopher - Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Twerk It Like Miley [feat. Christopher] by Brandon Beal from the Album Twerk It Like Miley
- Twerk It Like Miley (Hedegaard Remix) [feat. Christopher] by Brandon Beal and Christopher and Hedegaard from the Album Twerk It Like Miley (Hedegaard Remix)
- Rainbow in the Dark (feat.Jason Christopher, Christian Martucci, Roy Mayorga, Satchel) by Corey Taylor from the Album Ronnie James Dio - This Is Your Life
- Sing, Sing Sing (Parts I and II) (Introducing Christopher Columbus) by Benny Goodman Big Band, Taft Jordan, Zoot Sims, Billy Bauer from the Album Benny Goodman Big Band: Live in Brussels (Remastered)
- To Mama From Christopher And The Old Man (Album Version) by Stephen Stills from the Album Stills
Books about Christopher:
- Secondhand Souls: A Novel - Aug 25, 2015 by Christopher Moore
- A Dirty Job: A Novel - Mar 27, 2007 by Christopher Moore
- God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything - Apr 6, 2009 by Christopher Hitchens
- Christopher Mouse: The Tale of a Small Traveler - May 30, 2006 by William Wise and Patrick Benson
- Invasion of Privacy: A Novel - Jun 16, 2015 by Christopher Reich
- Bookworm IV: Full Circle - Oct 2, 2015 by Christopher Nuttall
- Christopher - Dec 20, 2011 by David Athey
- A Small Colonial War (Ark Royal Book 6) - Aug 14, 2015 by Christopher Nuttall and Justin Adams
- Soviet Bus Stops - Sep 29, 2015 by Christopher Herwig and Damon Murray
- Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal - May 25, 2004 by Christopher Moore
Movies about Christopher:
- The Lion and the Lamb, Told by Amy Grant and Christopher Reeve2012 NR CC
- Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search For Christopher Robin2014 G CC
- 92Y- Christopher Hitchens (June 8, 2010)2012 NR CC
- Saturday Night Live (SNL) The Best of Christopher Walken2007 CC
- Christopher Lee2014 NR CC
- Christopher Columbus NR CC
- Go Far: The Christopher Rush Story2015 NR
- Christopher Columbus: An Animated Classic2013 G CC
- Great Adventurers: Christopher Columbus and the New World2014 NR
- Christopher Plummer: A Man For All Stages2015 NR
Famous about Christopher:
- Christopher Walken - actor
- Christopher Columbus - explorer
- Christopher Reeve - actor
- Christopher “Topher” Grace - actor
- Christopher “Chris” Noth - actor
Wiki information Christopher:
- Christopher Columbus
- Explorer, Literature Subject, Family member, Name source, Identity, Art Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Film subject, Author
Christopher Columbus was an Italian explorer, navigator, colonizer and citizen of the Republic of Genoa. Under the auspices of the Catholic Monarchs of Spain, he completed four voyages across the Atlantic Ocean. Those voyages, and his efforts to...
- The Notorious B.I.G.
- Gangsta rap Artist, Record Producer, Quotation Source, Music video performer, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Measured person, Topic, Musician, Deceased Person
Christopher George Latore Wallace, better known by his stage names The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie, or Biggie Smalls, was an American rapper. Wallace was raised in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. When he released his debut album Ready to Die in...
- Saint Kitts
- Geographical Feature, Island, Location
Saint Kitts, also known more formally as Saint Christopher Island, is an island in the West Indies. The west side of the island borders the Caribbean Sea, and the eastern coast faces the Atlantic Ocean. Saint Kitts and the neighbouring island of...
- Hardcore hip hop Artist, Composer, Film producer, Music video performer, Identity, Award Winner, Film actor, TV Actor, Record Producer, TV Personality
Christopher Brian "Chris" Bridges, better known by his stage name Ludacris, is an American rapper, entrepreneur and actor. Along with his manager, Chaka Zulu, Ludacris is the co-founder of Disturbing tha Peace, an imprint distributed by Def Jam...
- Christopher Marlowe
- Dramatist, Topic, Deceased Person, Author, Film story contributor, Influence Node, Name source, Fictional Character Creator, Identity, Person
Christopher Marlowe was an English playwright, poet and translator of the Elizabethan era. Marlowe was the foremost Elizabethan tragedian of his day. He greatly influenced William Shakespeare, who was born in the same year as Marlowe and who rose to...
- Christopher Hitchens
- Employer, TV Personality, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Identity, Politician
Christopher Eric Hitchens was an English author, literary critic, and journalist who spent much of his career in the United States and became an American citizen. He contributed to New Statesman, The Nation, The Atlantic, London Review of Books, The...
- Saint Christopher
- Name source, Person, Deceased Person, Art Subject
Saint Christopher is venerated by several Christian denominations as a martyr killed in the reign of the 3rd-century Roman Emperor Decius or alternatively under the Roman Emperor Maximinus II Dacian. There appears to be confusion due to the...
- Christopher Lee
- Military officer, Musician, Identity, Featured artist, Film producer, Video Game Actor, TV Actor, TV Personality, Influence Node, Military Person
Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJ was an English actor, singer, author, and World War II veteran. With a career spanning nearly 70 years, Lee initially portrayed villains and became best known for his role as Count Dracula in a sequence...
- Christopher Nolan
- Award Nominee, Author, Person, Organization founder, Award Winner, Film editor, Film producer, Film cinematographer, Film story contributor, Influence Node
Christopher Jonathan James Nolan is a British-American film director, screenwriter, and producer. He has created several of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful films of the early 21st century. His nine films have grossed over...
- Christopher Walken
- Actor, Film writer, Celebrity, Film director, Person, Theater Actor, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic
Ronald Walken, known professionally as Christopher Walken, is an American actor. He has appeared in more than 100 films and television shows, including The Deer Hunter, Annie Hall, The Prophecy trilogy, The Dogs of War, Brainstorm, The Dead Zone, A...