Meaning : Bright, famous, Illustrious, From the Latin meaning 'bright' or 'famous'.,
Pronunciation : clair, (CLARE), KLER ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Claire:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Claire:
- Claire is a name with French origins. The meaning of the name Claire is illustrious. An alternate spelling of Claire is Clare. Clarey is a common nickname for the name Claire. Famous Claires include actresses Claire Danes and Claire Forlani. Claire Martin is a jazz singer and Claire Hodgkins is a violinist. Claire McCaskill is a Missouri senator. Claire Rutter is an English opera singer. There is also a Belgian princess named Claire. Fictional Claires include Claire Beachampp Randall Fraser from Outlander, Claire Dunphy from Modern Family, and Claire Underwood, from Netflix’ House of Cards. Also on Netflix is Claire from the new series Daredevil. People who like the name Claire also tend to like names that are of British and Irish origins.
- A French form of Clara.
- French Meaning: The name Claire is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Claire is: Clear, bright. AEnglish Clara. Famous bearer: British actress Claire Bloom.
- American Meaning: The name Claire is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Claire is: Clear, bright. AEnglish Clara. Famous bearer: British actress Claire Bloom.
- Latin Meaning: The name Claire is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Claire is: From the feminine form of the Latin adjective 'clarus' meaning bright or clear. Also distinguished. Famous bearer: Twelfth century St Clare (or Clara) of Assisi founded the Poor Clares order of nuns.
- We’re huge fans of this simple, pretty, and classic name. It started out as Clare -- e.g., St. Clare of Assisi. Claire is the French form of Clara (also a beautiful name), and both come from the Latin Clarius, which means “clear, bright, and famous” (again -- lovely!). It was popular in the early nineteenth century and starting rising again in the ’90s -- some thanks due, perhaps, to Ms. Claire Danes -- and has continued to climb along with all the other grandma’s-cool-again names. The nice thing about Claire is that while it’s a familiar and always stylish choice, it’s never been mega-popular -- meaning there’s little risk of it going out of style.
- French form of CLARA
Definition funny of Claire:
- Wow, she looks like a Claire...A+
- "She is such a Claire, i love her!"
- Claire is most definately the coolest kid I know!
- Man - "i wish i was with a claire." Woman - "UGH!!! WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY? GOSH! EVERYTHING IS ABOUT CLAIRES! ARENT I GOOD ENOUGH?" Man - "um, ok?"
- "omg she totally claired that."
- I wish I was like a Claire
- Claire sits unelected atop her avian perch.
Expression information Claire:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Claire:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Claire:
- Claire - Jill Sobule
- Claire - Rheostatics
- Claire & Johnny - Chuck Brodsky
- Claire in Heaven - Capercaillie
- Claire P. - Richard Pinhas
- Oh Claire - Cheap Trick
- Planet Claire - The B-52's
- Claire de Lune by The Philadelphia Orchestra Conducted by Eugene Normandy from the Album Music From The Motion Picture Ocean's Eleven
- Suite Bergamasque, L. 75: III. Claire De Lune by Steve Anderson from the Album Classics for the Heart
- Planet Claire by The B-52's from the Album Time Capsule
Books about Claire:
- It's Claire - Nov 21, 2013 by Jane Streit
- Claire and the Unicorn Happy Ever After - Jan 1, 2006 by B. G. Hennessy and Susan Mitchell
- Ollie and Claire - Apr 18, 2013 by Tiffany Strelitz Haber and Matthew Cordell
- Claire of the Sea Light (Vintage Contemporaries) - Jul 1, 2014 by Edwidge Danticat
- Claire - May 9, 2015 by Vincent Martineau
- Broken (The Broken Romance Series Box Set) (A Sports Romance) (MMA Romance) - Sep 8, 2015 by Claire Adams
- The Suicide of Claire Bishop: A Novel - Sep 15, 2015 by Carmiel Banasky
- Breathless (The Breathless Romance Series Box Set) (A Sports Romance) (Hockey Romance) - Aug 31, 2015 by Claire Adams
- The Billionaire And I (Part One) - Sep 10, 2015 by Ava Claire
- Hooped #3 (The Hooped Interracial Romance Series, Book #3) - Sep 1, 2015 by Claire Adams
Movies about Claire:
- Julien & Claire2012 NR CC
- Claire of the Moon2007 NR CC
- The Claire Sinclair Show Vol 1 & 2 [HD]2015 Unrated
- Claire of the Moon1993 NR CC
- Through the Shadowlands [DVD] (2004) Joss Ackland; Claire Bloom; Rupert Bader...2004 G
- Picture Claire2010 R
- Eric Rohmer's Six Moral Tales1971 PG
- Naked Country Girl featuring Claire Anastasia and Envy - a Nude-Art Film2013
- The Actuality Dramas of Allan King2005 Unrated
- Claire of the Moon1992 Unrated
Famous about Claire:
- Claire Danes - actress
- Claire Bennet - character in Heroes
- Claire Forlani - actress
- Clare Grant (alt. spelling) - actress
- Princess Claire of Belgium -
Wiki information Claire:
- Marie Claire
- Magazine, Periodical
Marie Claire is an international monthly magazine for women. First published in France in 1937, various editions are published in many countries and languages. The United States edition focuses on women around the world and several global issues....
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire
- Ranked item, Location, Educational Institution Campus, College/University, Educational Institution, Employer, Endowed Organization, Organization
The University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire is a public liberal arts university located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States. Part of the University of Wisconsin System, it offers bachelor's and master's degrees and is categorized as a...
- Eau Claire
- HUD Foreclosure Area, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Identity, Dated location, Statistical region, Governmental Jurisdiction, Newspaper circulation area, Location, Capital of administrative division
Eau Claire is a city located in the west-central part of the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 65,883 as of the 2010 U.S. Census, making it the 9th largest city in the state. It is the county seat of Eau Claire County, although a small...
- Claire Danes
- Actor, Award Winner, Identity, Musical Artist, TV Producer, Influence Node, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Person, Measured person
Claire Catherine Danes is an American actress who first came to prominence with her role as Angela Chase in the 1994 series My So-Called Life. The role won her the first of four Golden Globe Awards. She made her film debut the same year in Little...
- Dated location, City/Town/Village, Location, Statistical region
Pointe-Claire is an on-island suburb of Montreal in Quebec, Canada. Pointe-Claire is largely residential in character, but is also the site of a lot of economic activity, such as retail activity, light manufacturing, various corporate offices, and a...
- Claire McCaskill
- Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Social network user, U.S. Congressperson, Politician, Topic, Person
Claire Conner McCaskill is an American politician and member of the Democratic Party who serves as the senior United States Senator from Missouri. The first woman elected to the U.S. Senate from Missouri in her own right, she defeated Republican...
- Claire Forlani
- Actor, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, Influence Node, Ranked item, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, TV Actor, Identity
Claire Antonia Forlani is an English actress. She is best known for her roles in films such as Mallrats, Basquiat, and Meet Joe Black.
- Claire Holt
- Actor, Influence Node, Award Nominee, Person, TV Actor, Topic, Film actor
Claire Rhiannon Holt is an Australian actress, best known for her roles as Emma Gilbert on the television show H2O: Just Add Water, Chastity Meyer on Mean Girls 2, and Rebekah Mikaelson on The CW series The Vampire Diaries and its spin-off series The...
- Eau Claire County
- Administrative Division, Dated location, US County, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, Statistical region
Eau Claire County is a county located in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. As of the 2010 census, the population was 98,736. Its county seat is Eau Claire. The county took its name from the Eau Claire River. Eau Claire County is included in the Eau...
- Claire Lee Chennault
- Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Military Person, Organization founder, Deceased Person
Claire Lee Chennault was an American military aviator best known for his mercenary leadership of the "Flying Tigers" and the Republic of China Air Force in World War II. Chennault was a fierce advocate of "pursuit" or fighter-interceptor aircraft...