Meaning : Derived from the french word curteis, meaning 'courteous'. William the Conquerors eldest son was given this name, after it came to England via the Norman Conquest., Courteous, Courtly, Courteous,
Pronunciation : CUR tiss, (KUR-tis), KUR-tis ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Curtis:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Curtis:
- Curtis, in the Middle Ages, was a nickname given meaning 'courteous'.
- English Meaning: The name Curtis is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Curtis is: Polite; courteous.
- American Meaning: The name Curtis is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Curtis is: Polite; courteous.
- French Meaning: The name Curtis is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Curtis is: From a surname derived from the Old French 'curteis' meaning courteous.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Curtis is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Curtis is: The Taming of the Shrew' A servant to Petruchio.
- From an English surname which originally meant "courteous" in Old French.
Definition funny of Curtis:
- That Man danced like a curtis
- Stacy: "Holy fuck! Did you see that guy?!" Amanda: "Yea, he was a Curtis all over!"
- Hey have you herd "Curtis" play? Unfortunately, no
- Do you know Curtis? Yeah, he seems like a creeper. You don't even know him. Don't judge a book by its cover.
- Is that my bro Curtis over there? No, he's not hairy enough.
- Girl 1: Aw look at what an amazing gentleman that guy is being to his girlfriend! Girl 2: She's so lucky! And he's so sexy too! Girl 1: His name must be Curtis
- one curtis, two curti
Expression information Curtis:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Curtis:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Curtis:
- The Ballad Of Curtis Loew by Lynyrd Skynyrd from the Album All Time Greatest Hits
- The Ballad Of Curtis Loew by Eric Church from the Album Sweet Home Alabama - The Country Music Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd
- The Ballad Of Curtis Loew by Lynyrd Skynyrd from the Album Second Helping
- No One (Curtis Lynch Reggae Remix) by Alicia Keys from the Album No One (Curtis Lynch Reggae Remix)
- The Ballad of Curtis Loew (Live) by John Hiatt from the Album One More for the Fans
- The Ballad Of Curtis Loew (Live At Freedom Hall) by Lynyrd Skynyrd from the Album Live From Freedom Hall
- The Ballad Of Curtis Loew by Lynyrd Skynyrd from the Album The Essential Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Reborn (Curtis Axel) by WWE & CFO$ from the Album Reborn (Curtis Axel)
- Curtis: Torna a Surriento (Live) by José Carreras and Los Angeles Philharmonic and Luciano Pavarotti and Plácido Domingo and Zubin Mehta from the Album The Three Tenors - The Best of the 3 Tenors (Live)
- The Ballad Of Curtis Loew by Lynyrd Skynyrd from the Album The Complete Collection
Books about Curtis:
- Edward S. Curtis: Visions of the First Americans - Apr 1, 2010 by Don Gulbrandsen
- Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis - Aug 6, 2013 by Timothy Egan
- The North American Indian: The Complete Portfolios - May 8, 2015 by Edward Sheriff Curtis
- Good Food, Good Life: 130 Simple Recipes You'll Love to Make and Eat - Mar 10, 2015 by Curtis Stone
- Impossible (Huntsford Hearts Book 1) - Nov 10, 2013 by Laurel Curtis
- Alluring - Jan 6, 2015 by Sarah Curtis
- Edward S. Curtis: One Hundred Masterworks - May 12, 2015 by Christopher Cardozo and A.D. Coleman
- Return of the Outlaw - Jan 10, 2014 by C.M. Curtis
- The Arcanist - Jul 14, 2015 by Greg Curtis
- Bud, Not Buddy - Sep 14, 2004 by Christopher Paul Curtis
Movies about Curtis:
- Dan Curtis' Dracula1974 NR CC
- Coming to Light: the Edward S. Curtis Story2001 NR CC
- Breakfast with Curtis2012 NR CC
- The Flintstones - The Complete Sixth Season2006 NR
- Tony Curtis: Driven to Stardom2012 NR CC
- Dan Curtis' Dracula1974 Unrated
- What Now, Catherine Curtis?1976 NR
- Curtis Ludlow's SHRED Volume 1 - DVD Workout by CurtisLudlow
- Dan Curtis' Dracula1974 NR
- Curtis Mayfield - Live at Montreux 19872004 NR
Wiki information Curtis:
- 50 Cent
- Gangsta rap Artist, Featured artist, Social network user, Celebrity, Broadcast Artist, Musical Artist, Organization founder, Person or entity appearing in film, Literature Subject, Film director
Curtis James Jackson III, better known by his stage name 50 Cent, is an American rapper, singer, entrepreneur, investor and actor from New York City. Born in the South Jamaica neighborhood of the borough of Queens, Jackson began selling drugs at age...
- Curtis LeMay
- Organization founder, Deceased Person, Public figure with medical condition, Hobbyist, Person, Military Person, Military Commander, Person or entity appearing in film, Author, Identity
Curtis Emerson LeMay was a general in the United States Air Force and the vice presidential running mate of American Independent Party candidate George Wallace in the 1968 presidential election. Curtis LeMay is credited with designing and...
- Curtis Mayfield
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Identity, Film music contributor, Organization founder, Deceased Person, Hall of fame inductee, Songwriter, TV Actor, Broadcast Artist, Person or entity appearing in film
Curtis Lee Mayfield was a soul, R&B, and funk singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer, who was one of the most influential musicians behind soul and politically conscious African-American music. He first achieved success and recognition...
- Actor, Deceased Person, Musical Artist, Film actor, Topic, Film writer, Award Nominee, Person, Person or entity appearing in film,
Prince Antonio Griffo Focas Flavio Angelo Ducas Comneno Porfirogenito Gagliardi De Curtis di Bisanzio, best known by his stage name Totò or as Antonio De Curtis, and nicknamed il Principe della risata, was an Italian comedian, film and theatre actor,...
- Tony Curtis
- Actor, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Featured artist, Person, Musical Artist, Author, Identity, Film actor, Award Winner
Tony Curtis was an American film actor whose career spanned six decades, but had his greatest popularity during the 1950s and early 1960s. He acted in more than 100 films in roles covering a wide range of genres, from light comedy to serious drama....
- Curtis Institute of Music
- Educational Institution, Business Operation, Location, Educational Institution Campus, College/University, Employer, Organization, Endowed Organization, Nonprofit organization
The Curtis Institute of Music is a conservatory in Philadelphia that offers courses of study leading to a performance diploma, Bachelor of Music, Master of Music in Opera, or Professional Studies Certificate in Opera. It is renowned for being the...
- Ian Curtis
- Post-punk Artist, Identity, Deceased Person, Film actor, Lyricist, Composer, Person or entity appearing in film, Musician, Film subject, Person
Ian Kevin Curtis was an English musician and singer-songwriter. He is best known as the lead singer and lyricist of the post-punk band Joy Division. Joy Division released their debut album, Unknown Pleasures, in 1979 and recorded their follow-up,...
- Anne Curtis
- Actor, Musical Artist, Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, TV Personality, TV Actor
Anne Ojales Curtis-Smith, also known as Anne Curtis-Smith or simply Anne Curtis, is a Filipino-Australian actress, television host, recording artist, and VJ in the Philippines. Curtis starred in several television series, which include Hiram,...
- Statistical region, Location, HUD Foreclosure Area, City/Town/Village, Dated location, HUD County Place
Curtis is a city in Frontier County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 939 at the 2010 census. Curtis describes itself as "Nebraska's Easter City", and presents an annual pageant on Palm Sunday. The Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture...
- Richard Curtis
- Film story contributor, TV Actor, Influence Node, Topic, , Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Organization founder, TV Producer, Person
Richard Whalley Anthony Curtis, CBE is an English screenwriter, producer and film director, who was born in New Zealand to Australian parents. One of Britain's most successful comedy screenwriters, he is known primarily for romantic comedy films such...