Meaning : From Mount Cynthus, This name means 'woman from Kynthos', the name is associated with Artemis the Greek goddess of the moon, since Kynthos was the mountain where she and her twin brother Apollo were born., From Kinthos,
Pronunciation : SIN thee ah, SIN-thee-ə (English) , (SIHNTH-iy-ah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Cynthia:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Cynthia:
- Cynthia is a feminine name of ultimately Greek origins. It comes from the name of the Greek mountain Cynthus. It would have originally have been given as a topographical name, meaning it would have been given as a name to a person who lived on or by the mountain. It was also the name of a Greek goddess said to be born on the mountain.
- Greek Meaning: The name Cynthia is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Cynthia is: Of Cynthus (Mount Cynthus on the island of Delos). Famous bearer: Cynthia was one of the names of the mythological moon goddess Artemis, referring to her birth on Mount Cynthus.
- American Meaning: The name Cynthia is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Cynthia is: Of Cynthus (Mount Cynthus on the island of Delos). Famous bearer: Cynthia was one of the names of the mythological moon goddess Artemis, referring to her birth on Mount Cynthus.
- Latinized form of Greek Κυνθια (Kynthia) which means "woman from Kynthos". This was an epithet of the Greek moon goddess Artemis, given because Kynthos was the mountain on Delos on which she and her twin brother Apollo were born. It was not used as a given name until the Renaissance, and it did not become common in the English-speaking world until the 19th century.
Definition funny of Cynthia:
- person 1 Did you see that Cynthia look. person 2 Yeah she sure is a teamplayer.
- Jake: Dude! Who is that girl? Kevin: Which one? Jake: The cute and funny one Kevin: Oh! Thats Cynthia!
- Did you see that girl in the hallway? Yeh i did it was Cynthia
- Cynthina shes a really cool dancer, Cynthia boogie to the groove now.
- Daaaamn that girl is the shiiiit! Yeah yo she's a Cynthia fo sho!
- You are my Cynthia, my inspiration.
- Derek: WOW. Cynthia is SO amazing & smart. I LOVE her. Molly: Yeah, I know. She's radd.
Expression information Cynthia:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Cynthia:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Cynthia:
- Cynthia - Bruce Springsteen
- Cynthia Mask - Robyn Hitchcock
- "Christmas Vacation" From National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" (Cynthia Weil, Barry Mann) (feat. Dominik Hauser) by Katie Campbell from the Album "Christmas Vacation" From National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" (Cynthia Weil, Barry Mann) (feat. Dominik Hauser) - Single
- One More Sunny Day (P B X Version) [feat. Cynthia Beach] by P B X from the Album Old School Meets New Skool L P
- Teach Us To Pray (Feat. Cynthia Clawson) by Reba Rambo, Dony McGuire from the Album The Lord's Prayer
- #1217: Cynthia and the Swimming Goats by Car Talk from the Album #1217: Cynthia and the Swimming Goats
- You Are Home (feat. Cynthia Clawson) by Nick Glennie-Smith from the Album Heaven Is for Real (Original Motion Picture Score)
- Shoki (Female Version) [feat. Eva, Cynthia Morgan & Chidinma] by Lil Kesh from the Album Essential Afrobeats, Vol. 1 [Explicit]
- Cynthia No Hikari by Eir Aoi from the Album Cynthia No Hikari
- Cynthia No Hikari by Eir Aoi from the Album D'azur
Books about Cynthia:
- Until Death - Aug 24, 2015 by Cynthia Eden
- Jake (Destiny in Deadwood Book 1) - Jan 23, 2014 by Cynthia Woolf
- Bite The Dust (Blood and Moonlight Book 1) - Oct 6, 2015 by Cynthia Eden
- Brighter than Gold (Western Rebels Book 1) - Jan 8, 2014 by Cynthia Wright
- Releasing Rage (Cyborg Sizzle Book 1) - Aug 19, 2015 by Cynthia Sax
- Cynthia Hart's Victoriana Wall Calendar 2016 - Sep 28, 2015 by Workman Publishing
- Rules - Sep 1, 2008 by Cynthia Lord
- WEREBEAR ROMANCE: The Bear Wants Babies (BBW Paranormal Billionaire Pregnancy) (First Time New Adult Contemporary... - Sep 2, 2015 by Cynthia Wilde
- Tame A Wild Heart (Tame Series Book 1) - Feb 22, 2014 by Cynthia Woolf
- Bound By Blood (Bound - Vampire & Werewolf Romance Book 1) - Apr 5, 2011 by Cynthia Eden
Movies about Cynthia:
- Cynthia Heald's Becoming a Woman Whose God Is Enough DVD Set2015
- Cynthia1947 NR
- Cynthia and Hector Mr. & Mrs. Colon2012 NR
- Seeing the Light: Figure Painting in Oils with Cynthia Grilli- The Portrait2014 NR
- Blu-ray Triple Feature: Cyborg (1989) / Death Warrant (1990) / Double Impact (1991) [Blu-ray] - Jean-Claude Van...1989
- Together: Cynthia Gregory & Fernando Bujones2013 NR
- Elizabeth Taylor: The Warner Archive Classics Collection1954 NR
- In The Line Of Duty 4 Blu-Ray (Region A) (English Subtitled) Donnie Yen, Cynthia Khan1989 R
- Cynthia Rothrock China O' Brian1990 Unrated
- Form Follows Function with Cynthia Hankins
Wiki information Cynthia:
- Cynthia Nixon
- Actor, Musical Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, TV program guest, Celebrity, Influence Node, Identity, Award Winner, TV Actor
Cynthia Ellen Nixon is an American actress, known for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes in the HBO series Sex and the City, for which she won the 2004 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. She reprised the role in...
- Cynthia Lennon
- Artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Person, Film actor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Author, TV Actor, Identity, Deceased Person
Cynthia Lennon was the first wife of English musician John Lennon, and mother of Julian Lennon. She grew up in the middle-class section of Hoylake, on the Wirral Peninsula in North West England. At the age of 12, she was accepted into the Junior Art...
- Cynthia Watros
- Actor, Influence Node, Film actor, Person, Identity, Award Nominee, Award Winner, TV Actor
Cynthia Michele Watros is an American actress. She is known for her roles as Libby Smith on the ABC TV series Lost, Kellie in The Drew Carey Show, Erin in Titus, and Annie Dutton in Guiding Light. Since July 8, 2014, Watros has starred in the series...
- Cynthia McKinney
- Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Person, Politician, TV Actor, Film actor, U.S. Congressperson, Topic
Cynthia Ann McKinney is an American politician and activist. As a member of the Democratic Party, she served six terms in the United States House of Representatives. In 2008, the Green Party of the United States nominated McKinney for President of...
- Cynthia Rothrock
- Martial Artist, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, TV Actor
Cynthia Rothrock is an American martial artist and actress specializing in martial arts films. Rothrock holds black belt rankings in six styles of martial arts and was a high level competitor in martial arts forms before becoming an actress.
- Cynthia Rhodes
- Actor, Influence Node, Musician, Person, Musical Artist, TV Actor, Film actor
Cynthia Rhodes is an American retired actress, singer and dancer. Her film roles include Tina Tech in Flashdance, Jackie in Staying Alive and Penny in Dirty Dancing.
- Cynthia Gibb
- Actor, Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, TV Actor, Influence Node
Cynthia Gibb is an American actress and former model who has starred in film and on television.
- Cynthia Lummis
- Person or entity appearing in film, Politician, U.S. Congressperson, Identity, Person, Social network user
Cynthia Marie Lummis Wiederspahn is the U.S. Representative for Wyoming's at-large congressional district, serving since 2009. She is a member of the Republican Party. She previously served as a State Representative, State Senator, and State...
- Cynthia Stevenson
- Actor, Film actor, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Influence Node, TV Actor, Person
Cynthia Stevenson is an American actress. She has appeared in several movies including The Player, Forget Paris, Home for the Holidays, Happiness, and Air Bud: Golden Receiver, and starred in television shows My Talk Show, Bob, Hope and Gloria, Oh...
- Cynthia Klitbo
- Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, TV Actor, Person
Cynthia Klitbo is a Mexican actress of telenovelas, theater and Mexican cinema. She is best known for her roles as Laura in Televisa's telenovela La Dueña, as Tamara de Duval in Televisa's telenovela El privilegio de amar and as Juana Godoy de...