Origin : Greek Mythology (Latinized),
Pronunciation : DAM-ə-kleez (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Damocles:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Damocles:
- Greek Meaning: The name Damocles is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Damocles is: A tyrant of Syracuse.
- Latinized form of the Greek name Δαμοκλης (Damokles), which was derived from δαμος (damos) "the people", a Doric Greek variant of δημος (demos), and κλεος (kleos) "glory". In Greek legend Damocles was a member of the court of Dionysius the Elder, the king of Syracuse. Damocles expressed envy of the king's station so Dionysius offered to switch roles with him for a day. To illustrate to Damocles the peril of a man in his position he suspended a sword over the throne.
Definition funny of Damocles:
- bro that mutha fucker can be the safest brare but he can snap yo ass in two if you cross him, he's like a straight up damocles mutha fucker man
Expression information Damocles:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Damocles:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Damocles:
- The Sword of Damocles by Rocky Horror from the Album Absolute Treasures: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - The Complete and Definitive Soundtrack (2015 40th Anniversary Re-Mastered Edition)
- The Sword Of Damocles (Karaoke Version) by The Rocky Horror Picture Show Band from the Album The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Karaoke Version
- Sword of Damocles by Judas Priest from the Album Redeemer of Souls (Deluxe)
- Sword Of Damocles - Externally by Lou Reed from the Album Magic And Loss (U.S. Version)
- Sword Of Damocles by The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast from the Album Rocky Horror International
- Sword of Damocles by Judas Priest from the Album Redeemer of Souls
- The Sword of Damocles (Original Film Version) [Bonus Track] by Rocky Horror from the Album Absolute Treasures: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - The Complete and Definitive Soundtrack (2015 40th Anniversary Re-Mastered Edition)
- Sword of Damocles by Music Junkies from the Album Torque
- The Sword of Damocles by Sebastian LaCause;Tom Hewitt;Alice Ripley;Jarrod Emick;Dick Cavett;The Rocky Horror Show Ensemble (2000) from the Album The Rocky Horror Show (New Broadway Cast Recording (2000))
- Sword of Damocles by Michael McDermott from the Album Ashes
Books about Damocles:
- Damocles (Space Marine Battles) - Apr 21, 2015 by Ben Counter and Josh Reynolds
- Damocles - May 28, 2013 by S. G. Redling
- Damocles: o início (Mundos em Conflito Livro 1) (Portuguese Edition) - Aug 1, 2015 by Vinicius Lima and Aloísio Lima
- The Darkroom of Damocles - Oct 27, 2009 by Willem Frederik Hermans
- Operation Damocles: Israel's Secret War Against Hitler's Scientists, 1951-1967 - May 1, 2013 by Roger Howard
- Bodyguards: Damocles (Vol 1) - Aug 7, 2015 by Joël Callède and Alain Henriet
- Sword of Damocles (The Abraxis Complex Book 2) - Aug 12, 2015 by Ben Winston
- The Sword of Damocles A Story of New York Life - Mar 24, 2011 by Anna Katharine Green
- Sword of Damocles (Star Trek: Titan, Book 4) - Nov 27, 2007 by Geoffrey Thorne
- Damocles Syndrome: Psychosocial Consequences of Surviving Childhood Cancer - Jun 1, 1981 by Gerald P. Koocher and John J. O'Malley
Wiki information Damocles:
- Man, Name source, Person
Damocles is a figure featured in a single moral anecdote commonly referred to as "the Sword of Damocles", an allusion to the imminent and ever-present peril faced by those in positions of power. The Damocles of the anecdote was an obsequious courtier...
The Damocles is a 3rd generation targeting pod, modular, eye-safe laser, high performance pod selected by the French Air Force for its attack fighter aircraft fleet. Damocles is made by Thales Group produced in Élancourt, France.
- 5335 Damocles
- Astronomical Discovery, Star system body, Namesake, Celestial Object, Asteroid, Orbital Relationship
5335 Damocles is the archetype of the damocloids, asteroids that are inactive nuclei of the Halley family and long-period comets. It was discovered in 1991 and named after Damocles, a figure of Greek mythology. When Damocles was discovered, in 1991...
- The Darkroom of Damocles
- Book, Written Work
The Darkroom of Damocles is a war novel by the Dutch writer Willem Frederik Hermans, published in 1958. Osewoudt, an Amsterdam cigar store owner living under the Nazi occupation, makes his acquaintance with the mysterious Dorbeck, who claims to be...
- Operation Damocles
Operation Damocles was a covert campaign of the Israeli Mossad in August 1962 targeting German scientists and technicians, formerly employed in Nazi Germany's rocket program, who were developing rockets for Egypt at a military site known as Factory...
- Action-adventure Video Game, Award-Winning Work, Ranked item, Video game
Mercenary is the first in a series of computer games, published on a number of 8-bit and 16-bit platforms from the mid-1980s to the early 1990s, by Novagen Software. The second and third games were known as Damocles and Mercenary III: The Dion Crisis...
- Amauris damocles
- Organism Classification
Amauris damocles, the Small Monk, is a butterfly in the Nymphalidae family. It is found in Senegal, Gambia, Guinea, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon and Tanzania. The habitat consists of dry...
- The Sword of Damocles
The Sword of Damocles is widely considered to be the first virtual reality and augmented reality head-mounted display system. It was created in 1968 by hall of fame computer scientist Ivan Sutherland with the help of his student Bob Sproull. Before...
- Musical Recording, Canonical Version
- Musical Recording, Canonical Version