Meaning : Sea, Woman from Dorian; Gift,
Pronunciation : DOR riss, DAWR-is (English), DO-ris (German) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Doris:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Doris:
- Doris is a Greek name given to women who were from the Dorian tribe in Greece. "Dorian" itself comes from the word "doron" meaning "gift". Doris is also a character from Greek mythology - a sea goddess and partner to Nereus. The name's most famous bearer is Doris Day, who was born in 1924 - around the peak of this name's popularity.
- Greek Meaning: The name Doris is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Doris is: Gift. In Greek mythology, the daughter of Oceanus and mother of the sea-nymph Nereids; also the name of a district of Greece. Famous bearer: American actress Doris Day.
- American Meaning: The name Doris is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Doris is: Gift. In Greek mythology, the daughter of Oceanus and mother of the sea-nymph Nereids; also the name of a district of Greece. Famous bearer: American actress Doris Day.
- From the ancient Greek name Δωρις (Doris) which meant "Dorian woman". The Dorians were a Greek tribe who occupied the Peloponnese starting in the 12th century BC. In Greek mythology Doris was a sea nymph, one of the many children of Oceanus and Tethys. It began to be used as an English name in the 19th century. A famous bearer is the American actress Doris Day (1924-).
Definition funny of Doris:
- Made it to second base with Alex. She is Doris.(used as adjective)
- Oh! Boro boro dori dori!
- "Who was that girl fighting latnight with a smile on her face." "OH that was just Dori!"
- Boy 1 " That girl is so sexy" Boy 2 "Dude she's a Doris"
- Boy 1:Bro, have you met that new chick? Boy 2:Ohh do you mean dori? Boy 1:Yeah, ive heard really good things about her, she seems like a really good time
- "Wow, were you named after your Grandmother? I haven't met anyone named Doris since my Aunt passed."
- Boy 1 " That girl is so sexy" Boy 2 "Dude she's a Doris"
Expression information Doris:
- People with this name tend to be idealistic, highly immaginative, intuitive, and spiritual. They seek after spiritual truth and often find it. They tend to be visionary and may inspire others. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become dreamers, or misuse power.
Soul information Doris:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Doris:
- The Ballad of Doris and Edwin - Christine Lavin
- Tak' A Dram/Just A Wee Deoch And Doris/ by Robin Laing from the Album The Angels Share
- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (made famous by Doris Day) by Omnibus Media - Karaoke Tracks from the Album Christmas Classics 2
- Love Somebody with Doris Day by Buddy Clark from the Album Back To Back Hits
- Black Hills of Dakota (Originally Performed By Doris Day) [Full Vocal Version] by Chart Collective from the Album Greatest Audition Songs from the Musicals, TV & Movies, Vol. 10
- Oma Doris (Original Mix) by Hnny from the Album House of Jeudi
- Que Sera Sera (Instrumental Track With Background Vocals)[Karaoke in the style of Doris Day] by Easy Karaoke Players from the Album Easy Instrumental Hits Vol. 31 (Karaoke Version)
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Instrumental Version) [Karaoke Version In The Style Of Doris Day - Various] by Pictomusic Karaoke from the Album Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Karaoke) - Single
- Doris Day by Jack's Mannequin from the Album The Glass Passenger (Japanese Version)
- Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps (Karaoke Version) [Originally Performed By Doris Day] by Zoom Karaoke from the Album Zoom Karaoke Party, Vol. 133
Books about Doris:
- Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream: The Most Revealing Portrait of a President and Presidential Power Ever... - Jun 15, 1991 by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism - Sep 9, 2014 by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Doris: An Anthology (Zines) - Jul 15, 2005 by Cindy Crabb
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln - Sep 26, 2006 by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II - Oct 1, 1995 by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- War and Genocide: A Concise History of the Holocaust (Critical Issues in World and International History) - Feb 16, 2009 by Doris L. Bergen
- Doris and the Ankh - Feb 13, 2015 by B. K. Brain
- Doris Salcedo - Feb 19, 2015 by Julie Rodrigues Widholm and Madeleine Grynsztejn
- Wait Till Next Year - A Memoir - Jun 2, 1998 by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Doris Duke's Shangri-La: A House in Paradise: Architecture, Landscape, and Islamic Art - Sep 4, 2012 by Donald Albrecht and Thomas Mellins
Movies about Doris:
- Apocalypse According to Doris2012 NR CC
- The Doris Day Show Season 11968
- TCM Greatest Classic Legends Film Collection: Doris Day2012 NR
- The Doris Day and Rock Hudson Comedy Collection1959 NR
- The Doris Day Show Season 21969
- The Doris Day Show Season 51973
- The Doris Day Show Season 41971
- The Doris Day Show Season 31971
- TCM Spotlight: Doris Day Collection2009 NR
- Doris Day: Christmas Memories2008 NR
Wiki information Doris:
- Doris Day
- Traditional pop Artist, TV Personality, Academic, Musical Artist, Identity, Musician, Featured artist, Name source, Topic, Award Winner
Doris Day is an American actress, singer, and animal rights activist. Day began her career as a big band singer in 1939. Her popularity began to rise after her first hit recording "Sentimental Journey", in 1945. After leaving Les Brown & His Band of...
- Doris Lessing
- Novelist, Author, Topic, Librettist, Social network user, Topic, Ranked item, Deceased Person, Identity, Influence Node
Doris May Lessing CH was a British novelist, poet, playwright, librettist, biographer and short story writer. Her novels include The Grass is Singing, the sequence of five novels collectively called Children of Violence, The Golden Notebook, The Good...
- Doris Roberts
- Actor, Award Winner, Influence Node, Topic, Musical Artist, TV subject, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Person, Theater Actor
Doris Roberts is an American character actress of film, stage, and television. She has received five Emmy Awards and a Screen Actors Guild award during her acting career, which began in 1951. She is perhaps best known for her role as Raymond Barone's...
- Fictional Character, Name source, Opera Character
Doris, an Oceanid, was a sea nymph in Greek mythology, whose name represented the bounty of the sea. She was the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys and the wife of Nereus. She was also aunt to Atlas, the titan who was made to carry the sky upon his...
Doris, is a small mountainous district in ancient Greece, bounded by Aetolia, southern Thessaly, the Ozolian Locrians, and Phocis; the original homeland of the Dorian Greeks. It lies between Mounts Oeta and Parnassus, and consists of the valley of...
- Doris Duke
- Deceased Person, Architect, Film subject, Person, Identity, Name source
Doris Duke was an American heiress, socialite, horticulturalist, art collector, and philanthropist. The daughter of a wealthy tobacco tycoon, Duke was able to fund a life of global travel and wide-ranging interests. These extended across journalism,...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Historian, Topic, Author, Film writer, Film story contributor, Organization member, Award Winner, Public speaker, TV program guest, Person
Doris Kearns Goodwin is an American biographer, historian, and political commentator. She has authored biographies of several U.S. presidents, including Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream; The Fitzgeralds and the Kennedys: An American Saga; No...
- Hip hop Album, Musical Album
Doris is a 2013 studio album by Earl Sweatshirt.
- Doris Matsui
- Identity, U.S. Congressperson, Politician, Person
Doris Okada Matsui is the U.S. Representative for California's 6th congressional district. She is a member of the Democratic Party. The district consists of the city of Sacramento and the surrounding area. Following the death on January 1, 2005 of...
- Doris Dragovic
- Pop Artist, Musical Artist, Musician, Topic, Person, Film actor
Dorotea Dragović, better known as Doris Dragović is a Croatian singer-songwriter. She represented Yugoslavia in the Eurovision Song Contest 1986 with the song "Željo moja", finishing 11th with 49 points, and Croatia in the Eurovision Song Contest...