Meaning : Of Old English origin meaning wealthy or fortunate guardian, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, wealth) and weard (guardian, protector). The pet forms of Ted or Ned may also be used. Edward is a very royal name, having been the name of three Anglo-Saxon kings and eight kings of England. Currently, the name is borne by Prince Edward, the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II., Guardian of prosperity, Wealthy Guardian,
Pronunciation : ED wood, ED-wərd (English), ED-vahrt (Polish) , (EHD-werd),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Edward:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Edward:
- Derived from Old English - ead (prosperity) + weard (guard). One of the most perennially popular of all Old English names, Edward was the name of three Anglo-Saxon kings and eight kings of England. Edward the Confessor, penultimate Anglo-Saxon king of England, had a reign marked by peace and prosperity. See also Edward Scissorhands.
- Anglo-Saxon Meaning: The name Edward is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Edward is: Guardian.
- American Meaning: The name Edward is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Edward is: Guardian.
- German Meaning: The name Edward is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Edward is: Strong as a boar.
- English Meaning: The name Edward is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Edward is: Wealthy guardian. From the Old English name Eadweard, meaning rich or happy, and guardian. Famous bearer: King Edward the Elder, son of Alfred the Great; Edward VIII, who abdicated in 1936 to be with the divorced woman he loved.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Edward is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Edward is: King Richard III' Edward IV. Also Edward, Prince of Wales, king's son and later Edward V. 'Henry IV, 1 & 2' Edward Poins, an irregular humorist. Also the son of Richard Plantagenet. 'King Henry VI, Part III' Edward, Prince of Wales, Henry VI's son.
- Means "rich guard", derived from the Old English elements ead "wealth, fortune" and weard "guard". Saint Edward the Confessor was the king of England shortly before the Norman conquest. He was known as a just ruler, and because of his popularity this name remained in use after the conquest when most other Old English names were replaced by Norman ones. The 13th-century king Henry III named his son and successor after the saint, and seven subsequent kings of England were also named Edward. This is one of the few Old English names to be used throughout Europe (in various spellings).
Definition funny of Edward:
- fuck twilight. fuck edward cullen. way to ruin a name, stephanie meyers.
- You haven't been loved, until you've been loved by Edward!!
- Hey, have you met Edward yet? OMG! You mean Edward from Twilight? He's here?! ...No, Ed from our new biology class.
- "See that boy, he can be an Edward sometimes!" "awwww!"
- Person 1: Hey have you met Edward? Person 2: No i havnt he seems like a fag... P1: Well he is not he just act's a bit wierd... Rich: Hey Edward did you know that she likes you? Edward: Yeah im just to shy to ask her out... Rich: Go for it bro!
- Edward: Say it. Out loud. Bella: Vampire. AND THE FANS GO NUTS +FAIL+
- Look at that boy, he's so Edward! Get a look at those cheekbones, and those eyes!
Expression information Edward:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Edward:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Edward:
- World, Hold On (feat. Steve Edwards) by Bob Sinclar from the Album Western Dream
- Defeated No More [feat. Edward Macfarlane] by Disclosure from the Album Settle
- It's All in the Game (In the Style of Tommy Edwards) [Karaoke Version] by Big Voice Karaoke from the Album Karaoke 50s & 60s Hits - Backing Tracks for Singers, Vol. 5
- Ice Dance (From "Edward Scissorhands") by L'orchestra Cinematique from the Album Film Themes: From the Lone Ranger to Snow White
- How Blue Can You Get? (feat. Edward Rowe, Joseph Burton, Bobby Forte, Cato Walker III, Luis Hubert, Modern Ron... by B. B. King from the Album Jazz At Radio Rai: B. B. King Live (feat. Edward Rowe, Joseph Burton, Bobby Forte, Cato Walker III, Luis Hubert, Modern Ron Levy, Wilbert Freeman, Jess Freeman) [Via Asiago 10]
- To Know You Is to Love You (feat. Edward Rowe, Joseph Burton, Bobby Forte, Cato Walker III, Luis Hubert, Modern... by B. B. King from the Album Jazz At Radio Rai: B. B. King Live (feat. Edward Rowe, Joseph Burton, Bobby Forte, Cato Walker III, Luis Hubert, Modern Ron Levy, Wilbert Freeman, Jess Freeman) [Via Asiago 10]
- I Got Some Help I Don't Need (feat. Edward Rowe, Joseph Burton, Bobby Forte, Cato Walker III, Luis Hubert, Modern... by B. B. King from the Album Jazz At Radio Rai: B. B. King Live (feat. Edward Rowe, Joseph Burton, Bobby Forte, Cato Walker III, Luis Hubert, Modern Ron Levy, Wilbert Freeman, Jess Freeman) [Via Asiago 10]
- Defeated No More [feat. Edward Macfarlane] by Disclosure from the Album Settle (Deluxe Edition)
- Edward Scissorhands - Main Title / Ice Dance by Crouch End Festival Chorus, The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Nic Raine from the Album Music From The Films Of Johnny Depp
- Lay Me Down (Todd Edwards Remix) by Sam Smith from the Album Lay Me Down (Todd Edwards Remix)
Books about Edward:
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - May 27, 2009 by Kate DiCamillo and Bagram Ibatoulline
- Edward (Nephilim Code Book 2) - Jun 7, 2015 by TP Hogan
- Edward Adrift - Apr 9, 2013 by Craig Lancaster
- 600 Hours of Edward - Aug 14, 2012 by Craig Lancaster
- A Clue to the Exit: A Novel - Sep 1, 2015 by Edward St. Aubyn
- Edward the Emu - Apr 4, 1998 by Sheena Knowles and Rod Clement
- Three Days in April - Sep 15, 2015 by Edward Ashton
- Edward the Bear Who Wouldn't Cut His Hair - Aug 4, 2015 by Hector Antonio Cabrera and Edward Alexander Cabrera
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod: An Investigation into Alleged Manipulation at the Extraordinary Synod on the Family - Aug 31, 2015 by Edward Pentin
- The Meaning of Human Existence - Sep 7, 2015 by Edward O. Wilson
Movies about Edward:
- Edward Scissorhands1990 PG-13 CC
- Edward the King Season 11975
- Riviera Cocktail: Edward Quinn, Photographer, Nice2008 NR CC
- Prince Edward Island2006 NR CC
- Edward Sharpe: A Performance at The World Café2008 NR CC
- Edward Abbey: A Voice in the Wilderness2010 NR
- Edward II1992 R CC
- NBC News, Brian Williams: An Interview with Edward Snowden Season 12014 CC
- Edward Scissorhands / Benny & Joon2012 NR
- Coming to Light: the Edward S. Curtis Story2001 NR CC
Wiki information Edward:
- Edward VII
- Organization founder, Person Or Being In Fiction, Family member, Political Appointer, Name source, Person or entity appearing in film, Celebrity, Deceased Person, Politician, Person
Edward VII was King of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions and Emperor of India from 22 January 1901 until his death. The eldest son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Edward was related to royalty throughout...
- Edward VIII of the United Kingdom
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Film story contributor, Name source, Family member, Film subject, Deceased Person, Topic, Noble person, Person, Musical Artist
Edward VIII was King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Empire, and Emperor of India, from 20 January 1936 until his abdication on 11 December the same year. Edward was the eldest son of King George V and Queen Mary. He was...
- Edward I of England
- Identity, Politician, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Military Commander, Organization founder, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person, Family member
Edward I, also known as Edward Longshanks and the Hammer of the Scots, was King of England from 1272 to 1307. The first son of Henry III, Edward was involved early in the political intrigues of his father's reign, which included an outright rebellion...
- Edward II of England
- Noble person, Monarch, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Military Commander, Organization founder, Family member, Person, Identity, Politician
Edward II, also called Edward of Caernarfon, was King of England from 1307 until he was deposed in January 1327. The fourth son of Edward I, Edward became the heir to the throne following the death of his older brother Alphonso. Beginning in 1300,...
- Edward III of England
- Person, Noble person, Deceased Person, Chivalric Order Founder, Monarch, Family member, Person Or Being In Fiction, Politician
Edward III was King of England from 25 January 1327 until his death; he is noted for his military success and for restoring royal authority after the disastrous reign of his father, Edward II. Edward III transformed the Kingdom of England into one of...
- Edward IV of England
- Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Organization founder, Family member, Chivalric Order Officer, Name source, Monarch, Noble person, Politician, Person
Edward IV was the King of England from 4 March 1461 until 3 October 1470, and again from 11 April 1471 until his death in 1483. He was the first Yorkist King of England. The first half of his rule was marred by the violence associated with the Wars...
- Edward Nygma
- Video Game Character, TV Character, Fictional Character, Amusement Ride Theme, Comic Book Character, Film character
Edward Nygma is a fictional character from the 2014 television series Gotham, based on the character from DC Comics. In the future, Nygma becomes the villain known as The Riddler.
- Edward VI of England
- Family member, Deceased Person, Name source, Person, Politician, Monarch, Identity, Noble person, Organization founder
Edward VI was King of England and Ireland from 28 January 1547 until his death. He was crowned on 20 February at the age of nine. The son of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, Edward was the third monarch of the Tudor dynasty and England's first monarch...
- Ted Kennedy
- Topic, Military Person, , Animal owner, Celebrity, Film actor, U.S. Congressperson, TV Actor, Literature Subject, Book Character
Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy was a United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. He was the second most senior member of the Senate when he died and was the fourth-longest-serving senator in United States history,...
- Edward the Confessor
- Politician, Deceased Person, Name source, Noble person, Monarch, Family member, Person
Edward the Confessor, was among the last Anglo-Saxon kings of England, and usually considered the last king of the House of Wessex, ruling from 1042 to 1066. Edward has traditionally been seen as unworldly and pious, and his reign is notable for the...