Meaning : Shining, Of Greek origin meaning 'amber'. May also have the variant spelling of Elektra. Could also have connotations with the Marvel Female Ninja Assassin Elektra, or even worse the same character as played by Jennifer Garner in the truly awful films Daredevil (2003) and Elektra (2005)., Amber,
Pronunciation : ə-LEKT-rə (English) , (eh-LEK-tra), Ee lehk tra,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Electra:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Electra:
- Electra is a baby girl's name of Greek origin and an alternative spelling of the Greek name Elektra. It is the name given to one of the nine brightest stars in the Pleiades star cluster, in the constellation of Taurus.
- Greek Meaning: The name Electra is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Electra is: Sparkling. The fiery sun. Mythological daughter of Agamemnon. In literature she was a central character in three Greek tragedies.
- Latinized form of Greek Ηλεκτρα (Elektra), derived from ηλεκτρον (elektron) meaning "amber". In Greek myth she was the daughter of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra and the sister of Orestes. She helped her brother kill their mother and her lover Aegisthus in vengeance for Agamemnon's murder.
Definition funny of Electra:
- electra:Dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent
- Boy 1: "omg there was this girl oh she was so beautiful and intelligent she helped me this morning with my car." Boy 2: "she's gotta be an electra!"
- "We drove our electra uptown lass fries day to see the guy, but it was a dimanche so nobodies was there.
Expression information Electra:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Electra:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Electra:
- Electra (Album Version) by Phoebe Snow from the Album Never Letting Go
- Electra by Airstream from the Album Mega Wellness Box
- Electra by Airstream from the Album New York Chillout Lounge
- Electra Glide by Down To The Bone from the Album Crazy Vibes and Things
- Electra (Religion Cut) by Airstream from the Album Lounge del Mare - Chillout Cafe Pearls
- Electra (Religion Cut) by Airstream from the Album Sounds of Silence ...20 Full Relaxed Audiotrax
- Electra Glide by Down To The Bone from the Album Celebrating 10 Years Of Groove
- Electra Made Me Blind by Everclear from the Album Sparkle And Fade
- Electra (Religion Cut) by Airstream from the Album Space Fly, Vol. 1 - A Magic Chill Trip (Presented by Frank Borell)
- Electra Heart (Classical Version) by BetaTraxx from the Album Electra Heart (Classical Version)
Books about Electra:
- Electra (Dover Thrift Editions) - Apr 12, 1995 by Sophocles and Sir George Young
- Electra (Greek Tragedy in New Translations) - Apr 19, 2001 by Sophocles and Anne Carson
- Electra: A Dane and Bones Origins Story (Dane Maddock Origins) (Volume 6) - Dec 8, 2014 by David Wood and Rick Chesler
- Electra and Other Plays (Penguin Classics) - Jun 24, 2008 by Sophocles and David Raeburn
- The Electra of Euripides Translated into English rhyming verse - Mar 23, 2011 by Euripides and Gilbert Murray
- Electra (The Delphic Women Book 3) - Jun 3, 2015 by Kerry Greenwood
- Antigone, Oedipus the King, Electra (Oxford World's Classics) - Feb 1, 2009 by Sophocles and Edith Hall
- Electra, Phoenician Women, Bacchae, and Iphigenia at Aulis (Hackett Classics) - Mar 15, 2011 by Euripides and Cecelia Eaton Luschnig
- Three Plays: Desire Under The Elms, Strange Interlude, Mourning Becomes Electra - Oct 31, 1995 by Eugene O'Neill
- Electra and Other Plays: Euripides (Penguin Classics) - Jan 1, 1999 by Euripides and Richard Rutherford
Movies about Electra:
- Electra Love 20001991 NR CC
- Electra (English Subtitled)2012 NR
- Earhart's Electra: Eyewitness Accounts of What Happened to Amelia's Plane2012 NR
- Electra Glide in Blue1973 PG
- Daredevil2003 R
- Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease Collection - Carmen's Fitness Collection2003 NR
- Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip: Disc 2 - Strip Your Way to Fitness2004 NR
- Electra1962 NR
- Carmen Electra's The Lap Dance & Hip Hop2003 NR
- Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease - In the Bedroom2007 NR
Wiki information Electra:
- Film character, Theater Character, Adapted Work, Name source, Opera Character, Fictional Character
In Greek mythology, Electra was the daughter of King Agamemnon and Queen Clytemnestra, and thus princess of Argos. She and her brother Orestes plotted revenge against their mother Clytemnestra and stepfather Aegisthus for the murder of their father,...
- Lockheed Model 10 Electra
- Aircraft model
The Lockheed Model 10 Electra was a twin-engine, all-metal monoplane airliner developed by the Lockheed Aircraft Corporation in the 1930s to compete with the Boeing 247 and Douglas DC-2. The type gained considerable fame as one was flown by Amelia...
- Carmen Electra
- Entertainer, Measured person, Film actor, Identity, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, Musical Artist, TV Personality, Award Winner, Ranked item
Tara Leigh Patrick, better known by her stage name Carmen Electra, is an American glamour model, actress, television personality, singer, and dancer. She gained fame for her appearances in Playboy magazine, on the MTV game show Singled Out, on the TV...
- Book, Written Work, Play, Adapted Work
Electra or Elektra is a Greek tragedy by Sophocles. Its date is not known, but various stylistic similarities with the Philoctetes and the Oedipus at Colonus lead scholars to suppose that it was written towards the end of Sophocles' career. Set in...
- Lockheed L-188 Electra
- Airliner, Aircraft model
The Lockheed L-188 Electra is an American turboprop airliner built by Lockheed. First flown in 1957, it was the first large turboprop airliner built in the United States. Initial sales were good, but after two fatal crashes that led to expensive...
- HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Location, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, Dated location
Electra is a city in Wichita County, Texas, United States. It is part of the Wichita Falls, Texas Metropolitan Statistical Area. The United States Census Bureau counted Electra's population as 3,168 at the 2000 census and estimated it to be 2,891 as...
- Book, Translated Work, Play, Adapted Work, Written Work
Euripides' Electra was a play probably written in the mid 410s BC, likely before 413 BC. It is unclear whether it was first produced before or after Sophocles' version of the Electra story.
- Buick Electra
- Automobile Model
The Buick Electra is a full-size premium automobile that was built by Buick from 1959 to 1990. Harlow H. Curtice, former president of the Buick division and later president of General Motors, named the car after his sister-in-law, Electra Waggoner...
- Electra complex
In Neo-Freudian psychology, the Electra complex, as proposed by Carl Gustav Jung, is a girl's psychosexual competition with her mother for possession of her father. In the course of her psychosexual development, the complex is the girl's phallic...
- Drama Film, Netflix Title, Adaptation, Adapted Work, Film, Topic, Award-Nominated Work
Electra is a 1962 Greek film based on the play, Electra, written by Euripides. It was directed by Michael Cacoyannis, as the first installment of his "Greek tragedy" trilogy, followed by The Trojan Women in 1971 and Iphigenia in 1977. It starred...