Meaning : Of English origin and a variant spelling of the name Emelia which itself is a variant of the Germanic name Amalia, that being derived from 'amal' meaning 'work'., To Strive Or Excel Or Rival, Unknown, To Strive or Excel or Rival,
Pronunciation : (Em-EE-Lee-Ah), eh MEE lee ah, e-MEEL-yah (Italian, Spanish, Polish), E-mee-lee-ah (Finnish) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Emilia:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Emilia:
- Emilia is a name with Latin origins. The meaning of the name Emilia is to strive, to excel, or to rival. Emilia originally comes from the name Aemilia. Common variations of the name include Amelia, Emelia, Emily, Amilya, Emiliana, and Amilia. Common nicknames include Emma, Em, Emmy, Mia, Millie, and Mellie. The male version of Emilia is Emiliano (Spanish, Italian). Emilia is a popular name on the user lists at WikiName.net. When combined with its most common other spelling, Amelia, it is #2 in WikiName.net?s most popular names of 2014. However, on its own, it was the 208th most popular name in the United States in 2013 per the Social Security Administration. Famous Emilias seem to be prevalently performers, whether actresses (Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones, Emilia McCarthy), athletes (Emilia Eberle, Emilia Rotter), or singers (Emilia Rydberg). Emilia is also one of the most famous Shakespearean names, from his drama Othello. People who prefer the name Emilia tend to have more trendy and popular names on their name lists at WikiName.net.
- Emilia is a variant of Emily that was introduced by Boccaccio, an Italian writer from the 14th century and was subsequently popular in the middle ages. Both names are of Latin origin. Emilia Clarke is an English actress.
- German Meaning: The name Emilia is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Emilia is:
- American Meaning: The name Emilia is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Emilia is:
- Italian Meaning: The name Emilia is an Italian baby name. In Italian the meaning of the name Emilia is: Industrious.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Emilia is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Emilia is: Industrious.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Emilia is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Emilia is: Flattering.
- Latin Meaning: The name Emilia is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Emilia is: Industrious; striving.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Emilia is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Emilia is: The Winter's Tale' A lady attending on the Queen. 'The Tragedy of Othello, Moor of Venice' Wife to Iago, and lady-in-waiting to Desdemona.
- Feminine form of Aemilius (see EMIL).
Definition funny of Emilia:
- Girl 1 'Wow look at that girl , doesn't she seem amazing?' Girl 2 'Yep, she's definitely an Emilia'
- Person 1: Wow she has a nice ass! Person 2: Yep, Thats Emilia ;]
- wow, i wish i was like Emilia. she's amazing!
- 1. "You misspelled my name in the yearbook, again, for the fourth time." 2. "I got an A+ on that essay just because I made up a bunch of crap about Emilia's little speech."
- Dude, let's go chill on the Via Emilia!
- Check her ! What an Emilia !
- Wow, Emilia is looking super cute today!
Expression information Emilia:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Emilia:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Emilia:
- A.M. 5 (Feat. Emilia Martensson) by Mono2stereo from the Album Latin Lounge Club Vol. 2
- Big Big World - Sound-A-Like As Made Famous By: Emilia by Studio Group from the Album Almost Pop: Good Year For The Roses
- Emilia Polka by Lawrence Welk from the Album Polkas On Parade (Digitally Remastered)
- J.S. Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No.1 In F, BWV 1046 - 1. (Allegro) (Live From Teatro Romolo Valli, Reggio Emilia... by Victor Aviat from the Album Bach, J.S.: Brandenburg Concertos [+digital booklet]
- Emilia mia by Orchestra Bagutti from the Album Il Meglio Del Ballo Liscio Con L'orchestra Bagutti
- Emilia (Summer Eyes) by Mikey Guitar from the Album Emilie
- Emilia by Ana Tijoux from the Album Vengo
- Emilia Mia by Orchestra Franco Bagutti from the Album Gira L'Italia
- Brazilian Jazz Funk (feat. Rosa Emilia) (Dance Remix Song) by Romantic Guitar Master from the Album Latin Lounge Dance Party, Vol. 2: Samba Salsa Rumba Tango... Sexy, Upbeat World Nightclub Remix
- Emilia by Salcido Norte from the Album De Corazón Norteño
Books about Emilia:
- Smile, Emilia! - Aug 1, 2012 by C.R. Adams and J.T. Adams
- Billionaire Stepbrother (a Stepbrother Romance Novel) - Jul 14, 2015 by Emilia Beaumont
- Uncaged (An MMA Stepbrother Romance) - Sep 6, 2015 by Emilia Kincade
- Mr. Blackwell: Part Three (A Billionaire Romance) - Jun 1, 2015 by Emilia Winters
- Mr. Blackwell: Part Two (A Billionaire Romance) - May 18, 2015 by Emilia Winters
- Emilia and Percy - Dec 1, 2013 by Liz Bowen
- Mr. Blackwell Series: Part One, Part Two, Part Three - Sep 5, 2015 by Emilia Winters
- BWWM Billionaire: All For You - Alpha Billionaire Interracial Romance Book (African American Contemporary Short... - Sep 13, 2015 by Emilia Domino
- SNAKE (a Stepbrother Romance) - Jul 9, 2015 by Emilia Beaumont
- Mr. Blackwell: Part One (A Billionaire Romance) - May 3, 2015 by Emilia Winters
Movies about Emilia:
- Ilya and Emilia Kabakov: Enter Here2013 NR
- Planet Food: Italy - Tuscany & Emilia Romagna2009 NR
- Sunday Dinner In Emilia Romagna2011
- 30th Anniversary Gala Concert / Pavarotti, Verrett, Sabbatini, Anderson, Cappuccilli, Kabaivanska, Furlanetto,...1992 NR
- Smart Travels Italy's Bologna & Emilia Romagna/Veneto & Dolomites with Rudy Maxa G
- Sitio Do Picapau Amarelo: Memorias Da Emilia2008 Unrated
- Sitio Do Picapau Amarelo: Memorias de Emilia e Cacadas de Pedrinho2004 Unrated
- Flavors Of Italy Emilia2013
- Emilia Galotti1970
- Emilia Galotti, Deutsches Theater Berlin2002
Wiki information Emilia:
- Statistical region, Italian region, Filming location, Location, Region, Dated location, Administrative Division, Organization scope
Emilia-Romagna is an administrative Region of Northern Italy, comprising the historical regions of Emilia and Romagna. Its capital is Bologna. It has an area of 22,446 km², and about 4.4 million inhabitants. Emilia-Romagna is one of the wealthiest...
- Pallacanestro Reggiana
- Basketball Team, Sports Team, Organization
Pallacanestro Reggiana, known for sponsorship reasons as Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia, is an Italian professional basketball team based in Reggio Emilia, Emilia-Romagna. It plays in the Serie A and the Eurocup as of the 2015-201- season.
- Province of Reggio Emilia
- Italian province, Statistical region, Administrative Division, Location, Dated location
The Province of Reggio Emilia is one of the nine provinces of the Italian Region of Emilia-Romagna. The capital city, which is the most densely populated comune in the Province, is Reggio Emilia. It has an area of 2,293 square kilometres and, based...
- Reggio Emilia
- Administrative Division, City/Town/Village, Italian comune, Dated location, Location, Statistical region, Capital of administrative division
Reggio Emilia is a city in northern Italy, in the Emilia-Romagna region. It has about 170,000 inhabitants and is the main comune of the Province of Reggio Emilia. The town is also referred to by its more official name of Reggio nell'Emilia. The...
- Emilia Clarke
- Actor, Award Winner, Topic, Ranked item, Award Nominee, Person or entity appearing in film, Theater Actor, Person, TV Actor, Film actor
Emilia Clarke is an English actress, best known for her role as Daenerys Targaryen in the HBO series Game of Thrones, for which she received two Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2013 and 2015. Clarke made...
- Pop Artist, Person, Featured artist, Musician, Composer, Musical Artist, Lyricist
Emilia Rydberg, also known as Emilia Mitiku or more simply Emilia is a Swedish pop music and soul singer. Her 1998 hit single "Big Big World" reached number one in the music charts in several countries.
Emilia is a historical region of northern Italy which approximately corresponds to the western and north-eastern portions of today’s Emilia-Romagna region, of which Romagna forms the remainder.
- Emilia Fox
- Actor, Influence Node, Person, Award Nominee, Theater Actor, Film actor, TV Actor, Person or entity appearing in film
Emilia Rose Elizabeth Fox is an English actress, known for her role as Dr. Nikki Alexander on BBC crime drama Silent Witness, having joined the cast in 2004 following the departure of Amanda Burton. She also appeared as Morgause in the BBC's Merlin...
- Pop folk Artist, Musician, Identity, Person, Musical Artist
Emiliya Valeva, professionally known as Emilia, is a Bulgarian pop folk singer. She has released eight studio albums to date. Since the beginning of her music career in 1999, Emilia has been a top name on the Bulgarian pop-folk scene.
- Reggio Emilia approach
The Reggio Emilia Approach is an educational philosophy focused on preschool and primary education. It was developed by Loris Malaguzzi, who was a teacher himself, and the parents of the villages around Reggio Emilia in Italy after World War II....