Meaning : Eternal ruler, Of Old Norse origin and derived from 'Eirìkr'; this being comprised of the elements 'ei' meaning 'ever, always' and 'ríkr' meaning 'ruler', hence altogether meaning 'eternal ruler'., Always Ruler,
Pronunciation : ER-ik (English) , (EH-rik), EH rik,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Eric:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Eric:
- The name Eric is of Old Norse origin, and from the words 'ei' and 'rikr', its meaning is 'eternal ruler'. As a given name, Eric arrived on British shores over 1,000 years ago before the Norman Conquest of Britain. In modern times, Eric made its mark in the early 19th century. More recently, famous bearers include musician Eric Clapton and footballer Eric Cantona.
- Norse Meaning: The name Eric is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Eric is: Ever or eternal ruler. Island ruler. Famous bearer: 10th-century Norwegian explorer Eric the Red.
- American Meaning: The name Eric is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Eric is: Ever or eternal ruler. Island ruler. Famous bearer: 10th-century Norwegian explorer Eric the Red.
- Scandinavian Meaning: The name Eric is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Eric is: Ever kingly. In Scandinavian legend the Viking sea rover Ericson: (son of Eric the Red) landed on the shores of America 500 years before Christopher Columbus.
- Eric, the all-time most popular Scandinavian name in the US, has been falling swiftly since its ’70s peak (average ranking 14). The name comes from the old Norse “ei” (ever, always) or “einn” (one, alone) and “rikr” (ruler). The noble meaning fits with the dozens of Scandinavian rulers who have borne the name. Interestingly, this is one instance where the “k” version (Erik) is actually the original. Despite its drastic fall, Eric remains a thoughtful, sophisticated choice -- its drop definitely hasn’t taken away its style.
- From the Old Norse name Eiríkr, derived from the elements ei "ever, always" and ríkr "ruler". A notable bearer was Eiríkr inn Rauda (Eric the Red in English), a 10th-century navigator and explorer who discovered Greenland. This was also the name of several early kings of Sweden, Denmark and Norway. This common Norse name was first brought to England by Danish settlers during the Anglo-Saxon period. It was not popular in England in the Middle Ages, but it was revived in the 19th century, in part due to the children's novel 'Eric, or Little by Little' (1858) by Frederic William Farrar.
Definition funny of Eric:
- did you see eric...damn that bitch is fine!
- Omg! dude last night I saw an eric fly by!!
- Eric has a big penis.
- katie has a crush on eric.
- Eric the Red was Leif Eriksson's father.
- Person A:I'm dating Eric(: Person B:omg! really your so lucky. he's so sweet, and handsome. I wish i were you. Person A: i know. He can always make me smile, hes so understanding. and don't worry someday you will find your Eric(:
- Eric is good at everything. He's so smart and he's going to play varsity basketball someday. I wish i were Eric.
Expression information Eric:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Eric:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Eric:
- Eric After Hour Blues - Eric Clapton
- Eric The Half-A-Bee - Monty Python
- Downtown (feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz) [Explicit] by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis from the Album Downtown (feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz) [Explicit]
- Downtown (feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz) [Clean] by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis from the Album Downtown (feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz) [Clean]
- Raise 'Em Up [feat. Eric Church] by Keith Urban from the Album Fuse
- Like a Wrecking Ball (Originally Performed By Eric Church) [Instrumental Version] by DJ Remix Radio from the Album Like a Wrecking Ball (Originally Performed By Eric Church) [Instrumental Version] - Single
- Downtown (Originally Performed By Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, & Grandmaster... by Radio Remix from the Album Downtown (Originally Performed By Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, & Grandmaster Caz) [Instrumental Version] - Single [Explicit]
- Written In The Stars (Feat. Eric Turner) [Explicit] by Tinie Tempah from the Album Disc-Overy [Explicit]
- Raise 'Em Up [feat. Eric Church] by Keith Urban from the Album Fuse (Deluxe Edition)
- The Realness (feat. Eric Kupper) by Rupaul from the Album Realness [Explicit]
Books about Eric:
- Eric: A Novel of Discworld - Jul 30, 2013 by Terry Pratchett
- Eric - May 30, 2000 by Doris Lund
- From Head to Toe Board Book - Mar 27, 1999 by Eric Carle
- The Eric Carle Mini Library: A Storybook Gift Set (The World of Eric Carle) - Oct 27, 2009 by Eric Carle
- Eric - May 1, 2010 by Shaun Tan
- 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed (Turning Points in Ancient History) - Sep 22, 2015 by Eric H. Cline
- The Nuts: Sing and Dance in Your Polka-Dot Pants - Sep 22, 2015 by Eric Litwin and Scott Magoon
- Seven Women: And the Secret of Their Greatness - Sep 8, 2015 by Eric Metaxas
- My Very First Book of Colors - May 19, 2005 by Eric Carle
- Go Pro: 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional - May 1, 2013 by Eric Worre
Movies about Eric:
- Eric Clapton - The 1970s Review2014 NR CC
- Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie2012 R CC
- Eric Burdon - The Animals and Beyond2009 NR CC
- Mugshots: Eric Rudolph2013 NR CC
- Eric and Jessie: Game On Season 12013 CC
- 92Y - Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert (October 23, 2006)2011 NR CC
- Eric and Jessie: Game On Season 22014 CC
- Eric Sardinas - And Big Motor Live2012 NR CC
- The Eric Andre Show Season 32015 CC
- Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Season 12007 CC
Famous about Eric:
- Eric Clapton - musician
- Eric Dane - actor
- Eric Bana - actor
- Prince Eric - character in The Little Mermaid
- Eric McCormack - actor
Infamous about Eric:
- Eric Cartman - character in South Park
Wiki information Eric:
- Eric Clapton
- Blues Artist, Film actor, Hall of fame inductee, Measured person, Film music contributor, Product Endorser, Award Winner, Songwriter, Name source, Celebrity
Eric Patrick Clapton, CBE, is an English rock and blues guitarist, singer and songwriter. He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: once as a solo artist and separately as a member of the Yardbirds and Cream. Clapton has...
- Eric Burdon & the Animals
- Folk rock Artist, Award Winner, Award Nominee, Broadcast Artist, Musical Artist, Musical Group, Hall of fame inductee, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node
The Animals were a British band of the 1960s, formed in Newcastle upon Tyne during the early part of the decade. The band moved to London upon finding fame in 1964. The Animals were known for their gritty, bluesy sound and deep-voiced frontman Eric...
- Eric of Pomerania
- Deceased Person, Noble person, Monarch, Person, Ship owner, Chivalric Order Member
Eric of Pomerania KG was King Eric III of Norway, King Eric VII of Denmark, and King Eric XIII of Sweden. He was the first King of the Nordic Kalmar Union, succeeding his adoptive mother Margaret I of Denmark, and was also Duke Eric I of...
- Eric Burdon
- Chicano rock Artist, Film actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Guitarist, TV Actor, Film music contributor, Topic, , Award Nominee, Featured artist
Eric Victor Burdon is an English singer-songwriter best known as a member and vocalist of rock band the Animals and the funk band War and for his aggressive stage performance. He was ranked 57th in Rolling Stone's list The 100 Greatest Singers of All...
- Eric Hobsbawm
- Historian, Deceased Person, Person, Author, Academic, Identity, Influence Node
Eric John Ernest Hobsbawm, CH, FBA, FRSL was a British Marxist historian of the rise of industrial capitalism, socialism, and nationalism. His best-known works include his trilogy about what he called the "long 19th century", The Age of Extremes on...
- Eric Brown
- Person, Author, Military Person
Captain Eric Melrose "Winkle" Brown, CBE, DSC, AFC, Hon FRAeS, RN is a British former Royal Navy officer and test pilot who flew 487 different types of aircraft, more than anyone else in history. He also holds the world record for most aircraft...
- Eric Schmidt
- Project participant, Collector, Organization member, Shareholder, Organization leader, Topic, Person, Author, Influence Node, Identity
Eric Emerson Schmidt is an American software engineer, businessman, as well as the executive chairman of Alphabet Inc.. In 2013, Forbes ranked Schmidt as the 138th-richest person in the world, with an estimated wealth of $9.1 billion. As an intern at...
- Eric Holder
- Award Nominee, Topic, Appointee, Politician, Literature Subject, Person
Eric Himpton Holder, Jr. served as the 82nd Attorney General of the United States, from 2009 to 2015. Holder, serving in the administration of President Barack Obama, is the first African American to hold the position of U.S. Attorney General. Holder...
- Eric IX of Sweden
- Monarch, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person
Eric IX of Sweden, also called Eric the Lawgiver, Erik the Saint, Eric the Holy, and, in Sweden, Sankt Erik, meaning Saint Eric, was a Swedish king c. 1155-60. No historical records of Eric have survived, and all information about him is based on...
- Eric Cantona
- Professional Association Football Player, Person or entity appearing in film, Film producer, Identity, Featured artist, Football player, Musical Artist, Person, Celebrity, Film actor
Éric Daniel Pierre Cantona is a French actor and former international footballer for the French national team. He played for Auxerre, Martigues, Marseille, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Nîmes and Leeds United before ending his career at Manchester United...