Meaning : Of German origin and derived from the element 'eornost' meaning 'serious' or 'battle to the death'. The name Ernest grew in popularity following Oscar Wilde's 'The Importance of Being Earnest' (1895)., Earnest, Sincere,
Pronunciation : ER nest, UR-nəst (English) , (ER-nehst),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ernest:
- Name Number: 9. Meaning: Divine, God, Goodness, Truth, Unconditional love, Gift, Free will, Ideal, Whole, Endless
Additional information Ernest:
- Ernest is a German boys name deriving from the Old German word "eornost" meaning "serious battle". The name first spread to England from mainland Europe in the 18th century. A variant spelling is "Earnest", coming from the modern English adjective of the same spelling.
- English Meaning: The name Ernest is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Ernest is: Serious; determined.
- American Meaning: The name Ernest is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ernest is: Serious; determined.
- German Meaning: The name Ernest is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Ernest is: Serious, determined. Earnestness or vigor, from the Old German Ernust.
- Derived from Germanic eornost meaning "serious". It was introduced to England by the German House of Hanover when they inherited the British throne in the 18th century, though it did not become common until the following century. The American author and adventurer Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961) was a famous bearer of the name. It was also used by Oscar Wilde for a character in his comedy 'The Importance of Being Earnest' (1895).
Definition funny of Ernest:
- Ernest is awesome.
- Dude, I went to pay the tab at Pat's Pub but he pulled an Ernest!
- He bought me flowers out of no where today! What an Ernest! Be like Ernest, and just apologize for what you did wrong! My boyfriend is such an Ernest.
- Why is the girl walking funny? She got ernest a minute ago
- 1. Don't ask Ernest, he has way too much to do. 2. I'm so busy, I feel like Ernest.
- ernest better thwn grisha
- Kim: "Man, I thought I could get somewhere with him, but after his attitude last night, I'm not so sure." Pam: "Damn, he must be an Ernest!" Kim: "Yep!"
Expression information Ernest:
- People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
Soul information Ernest:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Ernest:
- My Baby Don't Dance To Nothing But Ernest Tubb by Junior Brown from the Album Greatest Hits
- Imaginary Ways (feat. Andy Timmons, Steve Weingart & Ernest Tibbs) by Simon Phillips from the Album Protocol III
- Circle Seven (feat. Andy Timmons, Steve Weingart & Ernest Tibbs) by Simon Phillips from the Album Protocol III
- Masiku (Feat. Ernest) (Antonello Coghe & Filipe Narciso No Organ Mix) by Aero Manyelo from the Album Mad Styles And Crazy Vision 2 - A Journey Into Electronic, Soulful, Afro & Latino Rhythms - Compiled & Mixed By Louie Vega
- Narmada (feat. Andy Timmons, Steve Weingart & Ernest Tibbs) by Simon Phillips from the Album Protocol III
- Main Theme from "Exodus" (Ernest Gold) by Mark Northam from the Album Main Theme from "Exodus" (Ernest Gold) - Single
- A Song For Ernest Hemingway by The Wonder Years from the Album No Closer To Heaven
- You Can't but You Can (feat. Andy Timmons, Steve Weingart & Ernest Tibbs) by Simon Phillips from the Album Protocol III
- Ernest's Groove by Frank Frost from the Album Midnight Prowler
- The Ernest Kohl Uk Greatest Hit's Mega-Mix by Ernest Kohl from the Album The Ernest Kohl Uk Greatest Hits Megamix (By Dj David Strong)
Books about Ernest:
- Ernest, the Moose Who Doesn't Fit - Oct 12, 2010 by Catherine Rayner
- Armada: A Novel - Jul 14, 2015 by Ernest Cline
- For Whom the Bell Tolls - Jul 1, 1995 by Ernest Hemingway
- FATE IS THE HUNTER - Jul 2, 1986 by Ernest K. Gann
- The Old Man and The Sea - May 5, 1995 by Ernest Hemingway
- The Sun Also Rises - Oct 17, 2006 by Ernest Hemingway
- The Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway: The Finca Vigia Edition - Aug 3, 1998 by Ernest Hemingway
- A Farewell to Arms: The Hemingway Library Edition - Jul 8, 2014 by Ernest Hemingway and Sean Hemingway
- A Lesson Before Dying (Oprah's Book Club) - Sep 28, 1997 by Ernest J. Gaines
- Ernest Hemingway on Writing - Jul 6, 1999 by Larry W. Phillips
Movies about Ernest:
- Ernest & Celestine2014 PG CC
- Ernest Scared Stupid1991 PG CC
- Ernest Goes To Jail1990 PG CC
- Ernest Goes to Africa1997 PG CC
- Ernest Saves Christmas1988 PG CC
- Wrestling Ernest Hemingway1993 PG-13 CC
- Ernest Goes to Camp / Ernest Scared Stupid / Ernest Goes to Jail2011 PG
- Ernest Saves Christmas1988 PG
- Great Adventurers: Ernest Shackleton - To the End of the Earth2014 NR
- Hey Vern It's Ernest1988 CC
Wiki information Ernest:
- Ernest Hemingway
- Novelist, Deceased Person, Name source, Award Winner, TV subject, Topic, Film story contributor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Award Nominee, Literature Subject
Ernest Miller Hemingway was an American author and journalist. His economical and understated style had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his life of adventure and his public image influenced later generations. Hemingway produced most...
- Sir Ernest Shackleton
- Explorer, Author, Person, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Literature Subject, Ranked item, Award Winner, Topic, Identity
Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton, CVO, OBE, FRGS was a polar explorer who led three British expeditions to the Antarctic, and one of the principal figures of the period known as the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration. Born in County Kildare, Ireland,...
- Ernest Rutherford
- Physicist, Author, Hall of fame inductee, Identity, Person, Academic, Name source, Award Winner, Deceased Person, Influence Node
Ernest Rutherford, 1st Baron Rutherford of Nelson, OM, FRS was a New Zealand-born British physicist who became known as the father of nuclear physics. Encyclopædia Britannica considers him to be the greatest experimentalist since Michael Faraday. In...
- Ernest Borgnine
- Actor, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Person, Musical Artist, Deceased Person, Award Nominee, Film actor, Military Person
Ermes Effron Borgnino, known as Ernest Borgnine was an American film and television actor whose career spanned more than six decades. He was an unconventional lead in many films of the 1950s, winning the Academy Award for Best Actor in 1955 for...
- Ernest Augustus I of Hanover
- Family member, Deceased Person, Person, Chivalric Order Member, Noble person, Monarch, Family
Ernest Augustus I was King of Hanover from 20 June 1837 until his death. He was the fifth son and eighth child of George III, who eleven years before his birth had inherited the thrones of two kingdoms, Great Britain and Ireland, and also that of the...
- Ernest & Celestine
- Animation Film, Award-Winning Work, Topic, Award-Nominated Work, Film
Ernest & Celestine is a 2012 animated comedy-drama film directed by Stéphane Aubier, Vincent Patar and Benjamin Renner. The film is based on a series of children's books of the same name published by the Belgian author and illustrator Gabrielle...
- Prince Ernest Augustus, 3rd Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale
- Family member, Deceased Person, Person, Chivalric Order Member, Family, Noble person
Ernst August, Crown Prince of Hanover, Heir of Brunswick, 3rd Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale, was the eldest child and only son of George V of Hanover and his wife, Marie of Saxe-Altenburg. Ernst August was deprived of the thrones of Hanover upon...
- Ernest Tubb
- Country Artist, Award Winner, Person, Identity, Broadcast Artist, Musical Artist, Featured artist, Deceased Person, Composer, Person or entity appearing in film
Ernest Dale Tubb, nicknamed the Texas Troubadour, was an American singer and songwriter and one of the pioneers of country music. His biggest career hit song, "Walking the Floor Over You", marked the rise of the honky tonk style of music. In 1948, he...
- Ernest Hollings
- Author, Identity, Topic, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Military Person, Person, Politician, U.S. Congressperson
Ernest Frederick "Fritz" Hollings served as a Democratic United States Senator from South Carolina from 1966 to 2005, as well as the 106th Governor of South Carolina and the 77th Lieutenant Governor. He served 38 years and 55 days in the Senate,...
- Ernest Lawrence
- Physicist, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Deceased Person, Name source, Organization founder, Academic, Influence Node, Person, Organization leader
Ernest Orlando Lawrence was a pioneering American nuclear scientist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1939 for his invention of the cyclotron. He is known for his work on uranium-isotope separation for the Manhattan Project, for founding...