Meaning : Of Greek origin meaning 'bearer of good news'. May also have the variants of Evangelica or Evangelina., Good news, Messenger Of Good News, Messenger of Good News,
Pronunciation : (eh-VAN-ja-leen), ə-VAN-jə-leen , Ee Van Geh Leena,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Evangeline:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Evangeline:
- Evangeline is a name with English origins. The meaning of the name Evangeline is messenger of good news. Alternate spellings of the name Evangeline are Evangelina and Evangaline. Nicknames include Ev, Angie, and Lina. Evangeline Lily is a famous Canadian actress. Evangeline Walton is an American Author. There are many songs named Evangeline, icnluding those from Matthew Sweet, Bad Religion, and Los Lobos. Evangeline Williamson is a character on One Life to Live and Evangline is a character from Nanny McPhee. Evangaline is also a place name in Louisiana and Michigan. WikiName.net users who like the name Evangeline also like female names that are very feminine and male names that are of British origins.
- This female name is most often used in English and French speaking countries. The name derives from the term ‘evangel’ which is a term for the Gospels. Evangeline is often shortened down to the pet form Eve or Evie. A popular variation of this name is Evangelina or Evangela.
- Greek Meaning: The name Evangeline is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Evangeline is: Good news, bringer of good news. Famous bearer: American poet Longfellow's poem 'Evangeline'; Evangeline (Eva) from 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'.
- American Meaning: The name Evangeline is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Evangeline is: Good news, bringer of good news. Famous bearer: American poet Longfellow's poem 'Evangeline'; Evangeline (Eva) from 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'.
- Means "good news" from Greek ευ (eu) "good" and αγγελμα (angelma) "news, message". It was (first?) used by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his epic poem 'Evangeline' (1847). It also appears in Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' (1852) as the full name of the character Eva.
Definition funny of Evangeline:
- "Oh my God, what is her name?" "What do you think?" "Evangeline?" "Duh." "Hey Evangeline! How ya doin'?" "I love you and feel really good. How are you?
- She is such an Evangeline.
- Person 1: Who is that girl? Person 2: Take a guess. Person 1: is she Evangeline? Person 2: Bingo
- Raymond: i say goodnight to evangeline every night Princess thinking: umm thats a star
- Look at that sexy lady. I bet her name is Evangeline
- OMG she is wearing an Evangeline that is so totally evangeline! maltesermoments evangeline eviie boobs vintage hat
- "Man, I had the best experience last night." "Really? What happened?" "I went home with three guys and they gave me an Evangeline. Top stuff."
Expression information Evangeline:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Evangeline:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Evangeline:
- Evangeline - Bad Religion
- Evangeline - Chad Brock
- Evangeline - Cocteau Twins
- Evangeline - Los Lobos
- Evangeline - Matthew Sweet
- Evangeline - Mr. Blotto
- O Evangeline - Emmylou Harris
- Ma Belle Evangeline (Feat. Terence Blanchard On Trumpet) by Jim Cummings from the Album The Princess And The Frog
- Evangeline by Matthew Sweet from the Album Girlfriend
- Evangeline by The Icicle Works from the Album If You Want To Defeat Your Enemy Sing His Song (Expanded Edition) [Remastered]
Books about Evangeline:
- Evangeline - May 12, 2012 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Evangeline; A Tale of Acadie (Classic Edition) - Sep 7, 2010 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Evangeline (A Dark Faerie Tale) - Aug 17, 2012 by Alexia Purdy
- The Gates of Evangeline - Sep 1, 2015 by Hester Young
- Evangeline - Apr 30, 1999 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and Lewis B. Semple
- Evangeline and Selected Tales and Poems - Feb 5, 2013 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow and Edward M. Cifelli
- Masks - Nov 1, 2009 by Evangeline Anderson
- Evangeline: A Master For Tonight Companion Novel - Sep 14, 2015 by Elaine Barris
- Evangeline - May 17, 2013 by E.A. Gottschalk
- Evangeline and Other Poems (Dover Thrift Editions) - Apr 12, 1995 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Movies about Evangeline:
- Evangeline2015 NR CC
- Lost - Season 6 (2010) Evangeline Lily; Matthew Fox; Josh Holloway2010 R
- Harlequin: Loving Evangeline1998 Unrated
- Harlequin Triple Feature, Vol. 42008 NR
- Lost - Season 4 (2008) Evangeline Lilly; Dominic Monaghan2008 R
- Lost - Complete Fifth Season (2009) Evangeline Lilly2012 R
- Loving Evangeline: Harlequin Romance Series2008 Unrated
- Evangeline1929 NR
- Lost - Season 3 (2007) Matthew Fox; Evangeline Lilly2006 R
Wiki information Evangeline:
- Evangeline Lilly
- Actor, TV Actor, Film actor, Person, Award Nominee, Influence Node, Ranked item, Celebrity, TV program guest, Award Winner
Nicole Evangeline Lilly is a Canadian actress and author. She won a Screen Actors Guild Award and received a Golden Globe nomination for her role as Kate Austen in the ABC series Lost. She is also known for her roles in films such as the...
- Evangeline Parish
- US County, Administrative Division, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, Dated location, Location
Evangeline Parish is a parish located in the U.S. state of Louisiana. As of the 2010 census, the population was 33,984. The parish seat is Ville Platte.
- Evangeline, A Tale of Acadie
- Written Work, Poem, Published Work
Evangeline, A Tale of Acadie, is an epic poem by the American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, written in English and published in 1847. The poem follows an Acadian girl named Evangeline and her search for her lost love Gabriel, set during the time...
- Book, Play, Written Work
Evangeline is a musical with a book by Jamie Wax, lyrics by Wax and Paul Taranto, and music by Taranto. Peopled by characters introduced by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow in his 1847 epic poem of the same name, it tells the tale of Evangeline...
- Evangeline Downs
- Structure, Project focus, Sports Facility, Venue, Location
Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino is a racetrack in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, just east of Opelousas. It is owned and operated by Boyd Gaming. With a one mile oval track, the facility provides close to 1,000 horse stalls for Thoroughbred flat...
- Country Album, Musical Album
Evangeline was a 1981 album by Emmylou Harris that was composed mostly of leftover material from past recording sessions and which did not fit into any of her other albums. Songs included a remake of "Mister Sandman", "Evangeline", which she had...
- Dream pop Album, Musical Album
Evangeline is the 12th EP by Scottish alternative rock band Cocteau Twins. It was recorded and mixed at September Sound in London, and released in September 1993 by record label Fontana.
- Evangeline Booth
- Deceased Person, Person, Author
General Evangeline Cory Booth, OF, was the 4th General of The Salvation Army from 1934 to 1939. She was its first female General.
- Evangeline Pascual
- Actor, Topic, Film actor, Person
Evangeline Pascual is a Filipino actress, artist, radio host and beauty queen who won Miss World Philippines 1973 and represented Philippines at Miss World 1973 where she placed 1st runner up.
- Silent Film, Topic, Film, Netflix Title
Evangeline is a 1929 silent film directed by Edwin Carewe and starring Dolores Del Rio. An Arthur Hopkins produced play made it to Broadway in 1913. It is the last silent film version of the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. This film was released...