Meaning : To Be Courageous, To be Courageous,
Pronunciation : FER-dee-nahnt (German, Dutch), FUR-di-nand (English), FER-dee-nahnd (Finnish) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ferdinand:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Ferdinand:
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Ferdinand is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Ferdinand is: Dwells by the alder trees.
- American Meaning: The name Ferdinand is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ferdinand is: Dwells by the alder trees.
- German Meaning: The name Ferdinand is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Ferdinand is: An Old German name, from 'fardi' meaning journey and 'nanthi' meaning venture. Famous bearers include three Holy Roman emperors and several Spanish and Italian kings.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Ferdinand is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Ferdinand is: Love's Labours Lost' King of Navarre. 'The Tempest' Son to the King of Naples.
- From Ferdinando, the old Spanish form of a Germanic name composed of the elements fardi "journey" and nand "daring, brave". The Visigoths brought the name to the Iberian Peninsula, where it entered into the royal families of Spain and Portugal. From there it became common among the Habsburg royal family of the Holy Roman Empire and Austria, starting with the Spanish-born Ferdinand I in the 16th century. A notable bearer was Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan (1480-1521), called Fernão de Magalhães in Portuguese, who was the leader of the first expedition to sail around the earth.
Definition funny of Ferdinand:
- His name is Ferdinand.
- "Did you hear that sound?" "It must've been Ferdinand." "It sounded like a gun" "It must've been Ferdinand." "Do you hear someone being tortured?" "It's just the cat." "I smell smoke." "It's just the cat." "OK seriously, you'll have to stop with 'it's just the cat.' You know just as well as I do that cats do not use death by a million cuts to kill their enemies, they don't have guns, and they don't explode. I'm going to stop coming over if you don't tell me what's going on, it's getting out of-" But then he was killed by a mysterious throwing knife.
- "Ferdinand is getting very excited!"
Expression information Ferdinand:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Ferdinand:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Ferdinand:
- The Death of Ferdinand de Saussure - The Magnetic Fields
- The Death of Ferdinand de Saussure by The Magnetic Fields from the Album 69 Love Songs Volume 3
- Ilysb (Ferdinand Weber Remix) by Lany from the Album Ilysb (Ferdinand Weber Remix)
- Confused (Simon Ferdinand Remix) by Smok from the Album Confused
- We Don't Give Up the Boyz (Ferdinand Dreyssig & Marvin Hey Remix) by Hufschlag & Braun from the Album Voices
- All My Friends (Franz Ferdinand Version) by LCD Soundsystem from the Album A Bunch Of Stuff EP
- Ferdinand The Bull by Michael Feinstein from the Album Pure Imagination
- Thinking About It (Fabich & Ferdinand Weber Remix) by Just Kiddin from the Album Thinking About It
- Liszt: Liebestraum No.3 In A Flat, S.541 No.3 - nach einem Gedicht von Ferdinand Freiligrath - Notturno III: "... by Daniel Barenboim from the Album Liszt: Dreams of Love; Consolations; Sonnets of Petrarca; Rigoletto Paraphrase
- The Dark Of The Matinee [feat. Franz Ferdinand] by Rhythms Del Mundo from the Album Rhythms Del Mundo Cuba
Books about Ferdinand:
- The Story of Ferdinand - Mar 31, 2011 by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson
- The Story of Ferdinand Publisher: Viking Juvenile - 1936 by Munro Leaf
- El Cuento de Ferdinando (The Story of Ferdinand in Spanish) (Picture Puffins) - Dec 1, 1990 by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson
- Where the Wild Things Are - Dec 26, 2012 by Maurice Sendak
- Tikki Tikki Tembo - Mar 29, 2007 by Arlene Mosel and Blair Lent
- Ferdinand and the Bulliey (Walt Disney Fun-To-Read Library, Volume 13) - 1986 by Walt Disney
- The Giving Tree - Feb 18, 2014 by Shel Silverstein
- Ferdinand and Elefant Tank Destroyer (General Military) - Apr 21, 2015 by Thomas Anderson
- Corduroy - Sep 30, 1976 by Don Freeman
- Make Way for Ducklings - Feb 1, 1999 by Robert McCloskey
Movies about Ferdinand:
- Firing Line with William F. Buckley Jr. - "Ferdinand Marcos: A Discussion"2010 NR CC
- Disney Animation Collection 6: The Reluctant Dragon2009 NR
- Walt Disney's Timeless Tales Volume Two: Ugly Duckling / The Wind in the Willows / The Country Cousin / Ferdinand...1949 NR
- Walt Disney Treasures - Disney Rarities - Celebrated Shorts, 1920s - 1960s1953 G
- NME Presents: Franz Ferdinand, This Fire - O2 Arena, London 20092009 NR
- Franz Ferdinand - Live2005 NR
- Dancing with Horses & Coming Together : 2 DVD Set : Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling
- Other 1492: Ferdinand, Isabella, and the Making of an Empire - The Teaching Company DVDs2002
- Firing Line with William F. Buckley Jr. - "Ferdinand Marcos: A Discussion"2011
- The Middle of the Road Is a Very Dead End / Strongman Ferdinand - 2-DVD Set ( In Gefahr und größter Not bringt... Unrated
Wiki information Ferdinand:
- Ferdinand II of Aragon
- Military Commander, Person, Monarch, Deceased Person, Chivalric Order Member, Noble person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Ferdinand II, called the Catholic, was King of Sicily from 1468 and King of Aragon from 1479 until his death. As a consequence of his marriage to Isabella I, he was King of Castile jure uxoris as Ferdinand V from 1474 until her death in 1504. He was...
- Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor
- Noble person, Deceased Person, Person, Monarch, Literature Subject, Chivalric Order Member, Person Or Being In Fiction
Ferdinand I was Holy Roman Emperor from 1558, king of Bohemia and Hungary from 1526, and king of Croatia from 1527 until his death. Before his accession, he ruled the Austrian hereditary lands of the Habsburgs in the name of his elder brother,...
- Ferdinand I of the Two Sicilies
- Monarch, Dedicatee, Deceased Person, Noble person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Family member
Ferdinand I was the King of the Two Sicilies from 1816, after his restoration following victory in the Napoleonic Wars. Before that he had been, since 1759, Ferdinand IV of the Kingdom of Naples and Ferdinand III of the Kingdom of Sicily. He was...
- Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria
- Politician, Topic, Deceased Person, Person or entity appearing in film, Name source, Noble person, Family member, Chivalric Order Member, Person
Franz Ferdinand was an Archduke of Austria-Este, Austro-Hungarian and Royal Prince of Hungary and of Bohemia, and from 1896 until his death, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's...
- Ferdinand VII of Spain
- Chivalric Order Member, Noble person, Monarch, Person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Organization founder
Ferdinand VII was twice King of Spain: in 1808 and again from 1813 to his death. He was known to his supporters as "the Desired" and to his detractors as the "Felon King". After being overthrown by Napoleon in 1808 he linked his monarchy to...
- Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor
- Family member, Monarch, Person, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction
Ferdinand II, a member of the House of Habsburg, was Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia, and King of Hungary. His rule coincided with the Thirty Years' War. Ferdinand's aim, as a zealous Catholic, was to restore Catholicism as the only religion in...
- Ferdinand I of Bulgaria
- Deceased Person, Noble person, Monarch, TV Actor, Family member, Person, Chivalric Order Member
Ferdinand I, born Ferdinand Maximilian Karl Leopold Maria of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, was the ruler of Bulgaria from 1887 to 1918, first as knyaz and later as tsar. He was also an author, botanist, entomologist and philatelist.
- Ferdinand Marcos
- Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Political Appointer, Name source, Author, Topic, Topic, Politician, Deceased Person, Organization founder
Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos, Sr. was a Filipino lawyer and politician who served as President of the Philippines from 1965 to 1986. He ruled under martial law from 1972 until 1981 and his regime as dictator was known for corruption,...
- Ferdinand III of Castile
- Deceased Person, Name source, Person, Noble person
Ferdinand III was King of Castile from 1217 and King of León from 1230 as well as King of Galicia from 1231. He was the son of Alfonso IX of León and Berenguela of Castile. Through his second marriage he was also Count of Aumale. Ferdinand III was...
- Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria
- Film subject, Event
On 28 June 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, heir presumptive to the Austro-Hungarian throne, and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were shot dead in Sarajevo by Gavrilo Princip, one of a group of six assassins coordinated by Danilo...