Meaning : Of Celtic origin and meaning "Man of Vigor" the was notably used in Irish legend Warrior Prince Fergus mac Erca., Man of Force, Man Strength,
Pronunciation : FUR gus, FUR-gəs (English) , (Fur-gas),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Fergus:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Fergus:
- Fergus is a name of Gaelic origin, and has been popular in both Ireland and Scotland for many years. It is said to mean 'Man of Force', and was the name given to an Irish prince who crossed the sea to settle in Argyll, Scotland. It is once again proving popular across the UK.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Fergus is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Fergus is: Manly.
- Irish Meaning: The name Fergus is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Fergus is: Courageous man.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Fergus is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Fergus is: Rock. Also a, derived from the Celtic for 'man' and 'choice'.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Fergus is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Fergus is: First choice; Man of strength.
- Anglicized form of FEARGHAS
Definition funny of Fergus:
- Quotes of Ancient Greek Literature as recalled by the U.S Department of History... Aphrodite: "Fergus has the gift of all attraction, his creation fabricated through all things desireable in perfected balance and purified." Zeus: "Fergus is the substance of Mount Olympus. He shall forever be part of what Olypian men are made of". Hercules: "Fergus, my brother" Ref. Unknown.
- Hercules: "Fergus, my brother, teach me how." (It is uncertain as to whether hercules and Fergus really were brothers or not. Most-likely not).
- "i heard his testicles are asymetrical, but apparantly the right makes up for the left and i would sure rather a fergus as captain then a weak-willy-will"
- "You know, he's good looking but he's no Fergus!"
- Rhys: "out of all the captain candidates only one of them is a real fergus" Aaron: "what are the chances he would fill such a specific catagory..... and how do you know about his testicles?" Rhys: "......."
- Hey, look at that fergus whining on his rusty trombone
- I want a fergus of cheese on my tostada.
Expression information Fergus:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Fergus:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.
Songs about Fergus:
- Fergus Laing by Richard Thompson from the Album Still (Deluxe Edition)
- Fergus River Roundelay by Gerry O'Beirne from the Album The Bog Bodies and Other Stories: Music for Guitar
- Fergus Sings The Blues [Clean] by Deacon Blue from the Album Our Town - The Greatest Hits
- Carrick Fergus by Irish Bigtime Folk Band from the Album Best Of Irish Folk Ballads - Danny Boy
- Fergus Falls by Field Report from the Album Field Report
- Carrick Fergus by The Peasall Sisters from the Album Home To You
- Fergus County Jail by Front Range from the Album Ramblin' On My Mind
- Fergus Is Captured by Rachel Portman from the Album War Of The Buttons
- Carrick Fergus by The Mckrells from the Album Hit The Ground Running
- Fergus and Molly by Luther College Norsemen from the Album Oh, Sing Jubilee!
Books about Fergus:
- Good Boy, Fergus! - Feb 1, 2006 by David Shannon
- The Essential Fergus the Horse: The Life and Times of the World's Favorite Cartoon Equine - Nov 10, 2015 by Jean Abernethy
- One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd - Feb 15, 1999 by Jim Fergus
- Monsieur Judas (Black Heath Classic Crime) - Aug 23, 2015 by Fergus Hume
- The Carbuncle Clue (Black Heath Classic Crime) - Aug 23, 2015 by Fergus Hume
- The Whole Beast: Nose to Tail Eating - Mar 30, 2004 by Fergus Henderson
- The Complete Nose to Tail - Oct 1, 2013 by Fergus Henderson
- Early Stage Professional: starting off right - Oct 4, 2015 by Fergus Mellon
- The Millionaire Mystery (Black Heath Classic Crime) - Apr 2, 2015 by Fergus Hume
- The Lone Inn (Black Heath Classic Crime) - Mar 7, 2015 by Fergus Hume
Movies about Fergus:
- Fergus, Prince of Frogs2008
- Fergus, Prince of Frogs - DVD (2008) Durwin's World of Animated Pic
- Fergus O'Connell Dentista In Patagonia2012 G
- L'aventure du Dr Fergus Unrated
Wiki information Fergus:
- Location, City/Town/Village, Statistical region, Dated location
Fergus is the largest community in Centre Wellington, a township within Wellington County in Ontario, Canada. It lies on the Grand River about 25 km north of Guelph.
- Fergus Mór
- Man, Person
Fergus Mór mac Eirc was a legendary king of Dál Riata. He was the son of Erc. While his historicity may be debatable, his posthumous importance as the founder of Scotland in the national myth of Medieval and Renaissance Scotland is not in doubt....
- Fergus Falls
- City/Town/Village, Newspaper circulation area, HUD County Place, Location, Capital of administrative division, Dated location, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Identity
Fergus Falls is a city in and the county seat of Otter Tail County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 13,138 at the 2010 census.
- Fergus County
- Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, Administrative Division, US County, Dated location
Fergus County is a county in the U.S. state of Montana. As of the 2010 census, the population was 11,586. Its county seat is Lewistown. The county was founded in 1885 and named for James Fergus, a Montana politician who was instrumental in creating...
- City/Town/Village, Location, HUD County Place, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Dated location
Ferguson is a city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. It is part of the Greater St. Louis metropolitan area. The population was 21,203 at the 2010 census. The city is majority-black.
- Fergus of Galloway
- Monarch, Deceased Person, Noble person, Person
Fergus of Galloway, was a 12th-century king, a Lord of Galloway, who became well established by the 1140s by having a powerful dynasty over southwestern Scotland. Fergus was a patron of the Church of Scotland and had neutral relations with the King...
- Fergus Ewing
- Man, Person, Identity
Fergus Ewing is a Scottish politician, serving as the Scottish Government's Minister for Business, Energy and Tourism and the Scottish National Party Member of the Scottish Parliament for Inverness and Nairn.
- Fergus mac Róich
Fergus mac Róich is a character of the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology. Formerly the king of Ulster, he is tricked out of the kingship and betrayed by Conchobar mac Nessa, and becomes the ally and lover of Conchobar's enemy queen Medb of Connacht,...
- Fergus McFadden
- Identity, Person, Measured person, Athlete
Fergus McFadden from Kilkenny is an Irish professional rugby union player. He is currently contracted to Leinster and the Irish rugby union.
- Fergus Riordan
- Actor, Person, Topic, Film actor
Fergus James Riordan is a Scottish/Irish actor, best known for his role in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance as Danny. He was born in Madrid to Irish parents. One of his parents is Irish and the other is Scottish.