Meaning : From France Or Free, From France or Free, Frenchman, A variation of the name Frances, meaning 'Frenchman' or 'free one'.,
Pronunciation : (FRAENSahS), FRAN sis, FRANT-səs (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Francis:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Francis:
- History suggests that St Francis of Assisi, initially baptised 'Giovanni' but was renamed by his father upon his return from France, is the original bearer of this Latin boy's name. Forward to the 16th century, and the exploits of explorer Sir Francis Drake help mark a major milestone for this name. Foreign variants of the name are considerably more popular in their respective countries than the name Francis is in the UK.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Francis is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Francis is: Free.
- American Meaning: The name Francis is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Francis is: Free.
- Latin Meaning: The name Francis is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Francis is: From 'franciscus' meaning Frenchman. Famous bearers: St Francis of Sales who is patron saint of writers, St Francis of Assisi who founded the Franciscan order of friars, navigator Sir Francis Drake, and philosopher Francis Bacon.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Francis is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Francis is: King Henry IV, Part 2' Francis Feeble, a country soldier. 'King Henry IV, Part 2' A drawer. 'Much Ado About Nothing' Friar Francis.
- English form of the Late Latin name Franciscus which meant "Frenchman". This name was borne by the 13th-century Saint Francis of Assisi, who was originally named Giovanni but was given the nickname Francesco by his father, an admirer of the French. Francis went on to renounce his father's wealth and devote his life to the poor, founding the Franciscan order of friars. Later in his life he apparently received the stigmata. Due to the renown of the saint, this name became widespread in Western Europe during the Middle Ages. However, it was not regularly used in Britain until the 16th century. Famous bearers include Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552), a missionary to East Asia, the philosopher and scientist Francis Bacon (1561-1626), and the explorer and admiral Sir Francis Drake (1540-1595). In the English-speaking world this name is occasionally used for girls.
Definition funny of Francis:
- Jill: So, have you seen Francis today? Jane: Oh my golly who hasn't? He is just so damn attractive. Jill: I heard he removed his shirt last week? Jane: Yeah 7 girls who were there were taken to hospital with over-horny-itis, almost instantly.
- Yo Francis u the G Or from one of his many hoes yo Francis ill see ya 2moz at my place francis ya babz or some cheesy line
- The man from France is called Francis.
- Damn this judoka is such a Francis!
- Damn, Francis has a huge dick
- woaah, who WAS that??? thats francis wooah. yes, woaah indeed. francis will always be my favorite francis will always rule the universe
- Franci, don't use the word Fran or italians would think you are a guy
Expression information Francis:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Francis:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Francis:
- Francis - Terre Roche
- St. Francis - Sarah Slean
- Lean On (Dillon Francis & Jauz Remix) [feat. MØ & DJ Snake] by Major Lazer from the Album Lean On (Remixes)
- Imperium (Dillon Francis Remix) by Madeon from the Album Pay No Mind (Remixes)
- Runaway (U & I) [Dillon Francis Remix] by Galantis from the Album Runaway (U & I) [Dillon Francis Remix]
- Stereo Hearts (Feat. Adam Levine) [Dillon Francis Radio Edit] by Gym Class Heroes from the Album Stereo Hearts (Feat. Adam Levine) [Remixes]
- Stereo Hearts (Feat. Adam Levine) [Dillon Francis Extended Mix] by Gym Class Heroes from the Album Stereo Hearts (Feat. Adam Levine) [Remixes]
- Stars Come Out (Dillon Francis Remix) by Zedd from the Album Stars Come Out [Dillon Francis Remix]
- Nuclear (Dillon Francis Remix) by Zomboy from the Album Resurrected [Explicit]
- Prayer Of St. Francis by Sarah McLachlan from the Album Rarities, B-Sides and Other Stuff, Volume 2
Books about Francis:
- Bread and Jam for Frances (I Can Read Book 2) - Sep 9, 2008 by Russell Hoban and Lillian Hoban
- You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity - Aug 26, 2014 by Francis Chan and Lisa Chan
- Dick Francis's Refusal (Sid Halley) - Jul 1, 2014 by Felix Francis
- Dick Francis's Damage - Jul 7, 2015 by Felix Francis
- A Birthday for Frances - Apr 28, 1976 by Russell Hoban and Lillian Hoban
- Bedtime for Frances (Trophy Picture Books) - Sep 29, 1995 by Russell Hoban and Garth Williams
- The Danger - Sep 7, 2010 by Dick Francis
- Francis: A Pope For Our Time - Nov 5, 2013 by Luis Rosales and Daniel Olivera
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief - Sep 15, 2015 by Francis Weller and Michael Lerner
- Dick Francis's Bloodline - Jul 2, 2013 by Felix Francis
Movies about Francis:
- Assisi: Home of St. Francis2007 NR CC
- Where is Francis (English Subtitled)2007 NR
- Global Treasures CHURCH AND CONVENT OF SAN FRANCISCO Saint Francis Monastery Lima, Peru2009 NR CC
- Francis: The Pope from the New World2013 NR CC
- Francis of Brooklyn2015 NR CC
- Francis the Talking Mule Complete Collection1950 NR
- Francis The Pope2015 NR
- Francis1950 NR CC
- The Hound of Heaven: The Story of Francis Thompson2014 NR
- Francis - A Pope for Everyone2013 NR CC
Wiki information Francis:
- Religious Organization, Religious order, Organization
Franciscans are people and groups who adhere to the teachings and spiritual disciplines of St Francis of Assisi and of his main associates and followers, such as St Clare of Assisi, St Anthony of Padua, and St Elizabeth of Hungary, among many others....
- Francis of Assisi
- Philosopher, , Deceased Person, Name source, Topic, Film subject, Composer, Influence Node, Lyricist, Person
Saint Francis of Assisi; born Giovanni di Pietro di Bernardone, but nicknamed Francesco; 1181/1182 – October 3, 1226 was an Italian Catholic friar and preacher. He founded the men's Order of Friars Minor, the women’s Order of St. Clare, and the Third...
- Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor
- Family member, Deceased Person, Noble person, Monarch, Person, Chivalric Order Founder, Literature Subject, Chivalric Order Member
Francis II was the last Holy Roman Emperor, ruling from 1792 until 6 August 1806, when he dissolved the Holy Roman Empire after the decisive defeat at the hands of the First French Empire led by Napoleon at the Battle of Austerlitz. In 1804, he had...
- Pope Francis
- Person, Religious Leader, Author, Politician
Pope Francis is the 266th and current Pope of the Catholic Church, a title he holds ex officio as Bishop of Rome, and Sovereign of the Vatican City. Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Bergoglio worked briefly as a chemical technician and nightclub...
- Taylor & Francis
- Organization, Author, Employer, Publisher, Periodical Publisher, Business Operation, Website Owner
Taylor & Francis Group is an international company originating in the United Kingdom that publishes books and academic journals. It is a division of Informa plc, a United Kingdom-based publisher and conference company.
- Francis Bacon
- Philosopher, Name source, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Deceased Person, Identity, Politician, Exhibition subject, Organization member, Person
Francis Bacon, Viscount St. Alban, Kt PC QC, was an English philosopher, statesman, scientist, jurist, orator, essayist and author. He served both as Attorney General and Lord Chancellor of England. After his death, he remained extremely influential...
- Francis turbine
The Francis turbine is a type of water turbine that was developed by James B. Francis in Lowell, Massachusetts. It is an inward-flow reaction turbine that combines radial and axial flow concepts. Francis turbines are the most common water turbine in...
- Francis I of France
- Noble person, Literature Subject, Military Commander, Family member, Monarch, Organization founder, Employer, Chivalric Order Member, Person, Art Subject
Francis I was the first King of France from the Angouleme branch of the House of Valois, reigning from 1515 until his death. He was the son of Charles, Count of Angoulême, and Louise of Savoy. He succeeded his cousin and father-in-law Louis XII, who...
- Francis Xavier
- Organization founder, Person, Identity, Deceased Person, Name source
Francis Xavier, SJ, born Francisco de Jasso y Azpilicueta, was a Spanish Roman Catholic missionary born in Xavier, Kingdom of Navarre, and a co-founder of the Society of Jesus. He was a companion of St. Ignatius of Loyola and one of the first seven...
- Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor
- Organization member, Person, Noble person, Deceased Person
Francis I was Holy Roman Emperor and Grand Duke of Tuscany, though his wife effectively executed the real powers of those positions. With his wife, Maria Theresa, he was the founder of the Habsburg-Lorraine dynasty. From 1728 until 1737 he was Duke...