Meaning : Peace ruler, Meaning 'peaceful ruler' ., Peace Ruler,
Pronunciation : FRED uh rik, (FREHDRihK), FRED-ə-rik, FRED-rik ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Frederick:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Frederick:
- Frederick is of Germanic origin via Old French, where it is comprised of 'peace' + 'ruler, power'. The name failed following its Norman introduction, but was resurrected in the 18th century.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Frederick is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Frederick is: Peaceful ruler.
- American Meaning: The name Frederick is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Frederick is: Peaceful ruler.
- German Meaning: The name Frederick is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Frederick is: Peaceful ruler. From the Old German name Frithuric. Famous bearers: Roman Emperor Frederick Barbarossa, Prussian King Frederick the Great.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Frederick is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Frederick is: As You Like It' Brother to Duke, and usurper of his dominions.
- English form of a Germanic name meaning "peaceful ruler", derived from frid "peace" and ric "ruler, power". This name has long been common in continental Germanic-speaking regions, being borne by rulers of the Holy Roman Empire, Germany, Austria, Scandinavia, and Prussia. Notables among these rulers include the 12th-century Holy Roman Emperor and crusader Frederick I Barbarossa, the 13th-century emperor and patron of the arts Frederick II, and the 18th-century Frederick II of Prussia, known as Frederick the Great. The Normans brought the name to England in the 11th century but it quickly died out. It was reintroduced by the German House of Hanover when they inherited the British throne in the 18th century. A famous bearer was Frederick Douglass (1818-1895), an American ex-slave who became a leading advocate of abolition.
Definition funny of Frederick:
- Frederick just what you needed. Federico when only the best will do.
- Sorry I Fredericked in your jeep.
- Hey, watch how I Frederick this gun.
- Frederick totally barfed all over my undies! I didn't feed Frederick in time....
- Person 1: Have you seen Frederick? Person 2: No, but he is probably "playing" with his same two friends in his room Person 1: Typical Fred.
Expression information Frederick:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Frederick:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Frederick:
- Haven't Had Enough (Frederick Miwk Mix) by Marianas Trench from the Album Ever After [Explicit] [+digital booklet]
- Frederick Douglass by Rumer from the Album Into Colour
- Frederick (Remastered) by Patti Smith Group from the Album Wave
- We Will Stand (feat. Frederick) by The Runners & Alec Maire from the Album We Will Stand (feat. Frederick)
- Hey Frederick by Jefferson Airplane from the Album Volunteers
- Frederick's Soliloquy by Roger Bart from the Album The New Mel Brooks Musical - Young Frankenstein
- The Greatness Of Our God ((featuring Lindsay McCaul and Kyle Fredericks) Live) by Vertical Church Band from the Album Live Worship From Vertical Church
- George Frederick Handel: Entrance of the Queen of Sheba (Sinfonia Act III, from Solomon) by Camerata of St. Andrew & Leonard Friedman from the Album Big Baroque Box, Vol II
- Hey Frederick (Remastered) by Jefferson Airplane from the Album Volunteers
- I'm Somebody Else's Guy (feat. Frederick M.C. Count Linton) [Rap Version] by Jocelyn Brown from the Album Somebody Else's Guy
Books about Frederick:
- Frederick - Apr 12, 1973 by Leo Lionni
- Frederick (Step Into Reading, Step 3) - Jul 8, 2014 by Leo Lionni
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass - Apr 13, 1995 by Frederick Douglass
- Frederick and His Friends: Four Favorite Fables (Treasured Gifts for the Holidays) - Oct 22, 2002 by Leo Lionni and Eric Carle
- Frederick: A Story of Boundless Hope - Sep 23, 2014 by Frederick Ndabaramiye and Amy Parker
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave - Jan 13, 2013 by Frederick Douglass
- Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass - May 16, 2012 by Frederick Douglass
- Revenge & Love: Inferno Glory MC (#5) - Aug 26, 2015 by J. A. Fredericks
- Frederick (Spanish Edition) - Aug 1, 2005 by Leo Lionni and Ted Mlawer
- The Outsider: My Life in Intrigue - Oct 6, 2015 by Frederick Forsyth
Movies about Frederick:
- Frederick Law Olmsted: Designing America2014 NR CC
- Frederick Forsyth Presents: 6 Movies1989 Unrated
- Ken Russell at the BBC2008 NR
- Biography - Frederick Douglass2005 NR
- Frederick Law Olmsted and the Public Park in America2009 NR
- Flute Concertos at Sanssouci - A Tribute to Frederick The Great2011 NR
- Roger Fredericks Reveals Secrets to Golf Swing Flexibility2005
- Merchants Of Doubt ( DVD ) Region 3 ** Import ** / Frederick Singer, Naomi Oreskes, Jamy Ian Swiss PG-13
- Hardfire AYN RAND REVEALED Frederick Cookinham / Joseph Dobrian2006 NR
- American Grizzly: Frederick Manfred2007 NR
Wiki information Frederick:
- Frederick II of Prussia
- Deceased Person, Person, Librettist, Musical Artist, Name source, Musician, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Influence Node, Composer
Frederick II was the third Hohenzollern king, reigning over the Kingdom of Prussia from 1740 until 1786. Frederick's achievements during his reign included his military victories, his reorganization of Prussian armies, his patronage of the Arts and...
- Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor
- Deceased Person, Organization founder, Name source, Noble person, Person, Monarch
Frederick II, was one of the most powerful Holy Roman Emperors of the Middle Ages and head of the House of Hohenstaufen. His political and cultural ambitions, based in Sicily and stretching through Italy to Germany, and even to Jerusalem, were...
- Frederick I, Holy Roman Emperor
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Noble person, Person, Monarch, Name source, Deceased Person, Military Commander
Frederick I, also known as Frederick Barbarossa, was the Holy Roman Emperor from 1155 until his death. He was elected King of Germany at Frankfurt on 4 March 1152 and crowned in Aachen on 9 March 1152. He became King of Italy in 1155 and was crowned...
- City/Town/Village, Organization scope, Freebase interest group, Governmental Jurisdiction, Capital of administrative division, Dated location, HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, HUD County Place, Statistical region
Frederick is a city and the county seat of Frederick County in the State of Maryland. Frederick has been an important crossroads community since it was located in colonial times at the intersection of an important north–south Indian trail, and...
- Frederick III, German Emperor
- Name source, Noble person, Chivalric Order Member, Politician, Military Commander, Award Winner, Monarch, Deceased Person, Person
Frederick III was German Emperor and King of Prussia for 99 days in 1888, the Year of the Three Emperors. Friedrich Wilhelm Nikolaus Karl, known informally as Fritz, was the only son of Emperor Wilhelm I and was raised in his family's tradition of...
- Frederick III of Denmark
- Family member, Deceased Person, Monarch, Noble person, Person
Frederick III was king of Denmark and Norway from 1648 until his death. He also governed under the name Frederick II as diocesan administrator of the Prince-Bishopric of Verden, and the Prince-Archbishopric of Bremen. He instituted absolute monarchy...
- Frederick I of Prussia
- Monarch, Noble person, Chivalric Order Founder, Organization founder, Chivalric Order Member, Person, Deceased Person
Frederick I, of the Hohenzollern dynasty, was Elector of Brandenburg and Duke of Prussia in personal union. The latter function he upgraded to royalty, becoming the first King in Prussia. From 1707 he was in personal union the sovereign prince of the...
- Frederick William, Elector of Brandenburg
- Monarch, Person, Noble person, Chivalric Order Member, Deceased Person
Frederick William was Elector of Brandenburg and Duke of Prussia – and thus ruler of Brandenburg-Prussia – from 1640 until his death. A member of the House of Hohenzollern, he is popularly known as "the Great Elector" because of his military and...
- Frederick III, Holy Roman Emperor
- Noble person, Family member, Chivalric Order Member, Monarch, Deceased Person, Person
Frederick III, called the Peaceful, was Holy Roman Emperor from 1452 until his death, the first emperor of the House of Habsburg. He was the penultimate emperor to be crowned by the Pope, and the last to be crowned in Rome. Prior to his imperial...
- Frederick V, Elector Palatine
- Politician, Family member, Chivalric Order Member, Noble person, Deceased Person, Military Commander, Person, Monarch
Frederick V was Elector Palatine, and, as Frederick I, King of Bohemia; for his short reign he is often nicknamed the Winter King. Frederick was born at the Jagdschloss Deinschwang near Amberg in the Upper Palatinate. He was the son of Frederick IV...