Meaning : Derived from the elements 'gwalch' meaning 'hawk' and 'gwen' meaning 'white'. Also a variant of the name Gawain ., White Hawk, White hawk,
Pronunciation : (GAEVIHN), GAV-in (English) , GAV en,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Gavin:
- Name Number: 8. Meaning: Outer, Body, Physical, Ambition, Power, Progress, Career, Success, Respect, Fame, Means, Karma
Additional information Gavin:
- Gavin is a popular British boy's name derived from the Welsh name Gawain, meaning 'white hawk'. Gavin & Stacey was a British TV comedy series.
- Welsh Meaning: The name Gavin is a Welsh baby name. In Welsh the meaning of the name Gavin is: Hawk of the battle: white hawk. From the medieval name Gawain. See also Gwayne.
- American Meaning: The name Gavin is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Gavin is: Hawk of the battle: white hawk. From the medieval name Gawain. See also Gwayne.
- Arthurian Legend Meaning: The name Gavin is an Arthurian Legend baby name. In Arthurian Legend the meaning of the name Gavin is: Gawain was a nephew of King Arthur, and one of the knights of the Round Table, described in the 14th-century poem 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight'.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Gavin is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Gavin is: A Scottish derivative of the Old German name Gawin, meaning 'district of land'. Also aScottish name Gawain, meaning little hawk or white hawk.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Gavin is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Gavin is: Battle hawk.
- Cool name, cool meaning: The Welsh Gavin stands for “white falcon.” It first came to the US in the ’50s and steadily rose up the charts until the 2000s, when it really started rocketing. It’s currently at its peak in the top 30, but we predict this one has a lot further up to go on the charts. Gavin’s origin is uncertain, but it is believed to come from the Welsh Gwalchgwn (we’re not even gonna attempt to pronounce that one). A slightly notorious namesake: Sir Gawain, though known for his courteousness, was a knight in Arthurian legend responsible for the beheading of the Green Knight.
- Medieval form of GAWAIN. Though it died out in England, it was reintroduced from Scotland in the 20th century.
Definition funny of Gavin:
- I think maybe Gavin and I were made to be together- I have never wanted a chance at dating someone more.
- It's a NAME, not a fucking internet-word to be spewed at random ten fucking thousand times a day by someone who doesn't even know the meaning of it.
- Girl: have you seen the gavin on that guy! Other Girl: no Girl: OMG! its HUGE!
- I wish I knew a Gavin!
- "Hello Gavin." "His father died in the war, so his mother renamed him Gavin." "Did you see that Gavin chase down the mugger?"
- "How does he do it? He must be a Gavin!" "She did what? Man you are such a Gavin" "Seven girls in one night! We've got a Gavin right here!" Girl: Quit that game and come to bed Gavin Gavin:FUS RO DAH (can be substituted with IIZ SLEN NUS)
- ‘You created the world in 7 days, stop trying to be such a Gavin!’ ‘you parted the water again, you Gavin!’ ‘If you are lost my child, look to Gavin and you will find the light’
Expression information Gavin:
- People with this name are competent, practical, and often obtain great power and wealth. They tend to be successful in business and commercial affairs, and are able to achieve great material dreams. Because they often focus so strongly on business and achievement, they may neglect their private lives and relationships.
Soul information Gavin:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Gavin:
- Brother (feat. Gavin DeGraw) by NEEDTOBREATHE from the Album Brother
- Brother (feat. Gavin DeGraw) by NEEDTOBREATHE from the Album Rivers EP
- Bring It on Home to Me [feat. Gavin DeGraw] by Martina McBride from the Album Everlasting
- Gavin's Song by Marc Broussard from the Album Carencro
- We Both Know [feat. Gavin DeGraw] by Colbie Caillat from the Album Safe Haven Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Adrenaline (Originally Performed By Gavin Rossdale) by Midifine Systems from the Album Best for Musicians No. 802
- Baby It's Cold Outside (Album Version) [feat. Gavin DeGraw] by Colbie Caillat from the Album Christmas In The Sand [+digital booklet]
- Darkest (Dim) (feat. Gavin Turek) by Tokimonsta from the Album Creature Dreams - EP
- Cellophane (So Cruel) [feat. Gavin Turek] by Miami Horror from the Album All Possible Futures
- Not Over You (feat. Gavin DeGraw) by Sara Evans feat. Gavin DeGraw from the Album Slow Me Down
Books about Gavin:
- Gavin Grasshopper's Costume - Dec 2002 by Julie Haydon
- The Adventures of Gavin and Zoey: "Oh' No - Alligator" - Jan 10, 2015 by Rex L Miller
- Finding Gavin (Southern Boys Book 2) - Dec 30, 2014 by C.A. Harms
- The Adventures of Gavin and Zoey: Construction Workers - Jan 11, 2015 by Rex L Miller
- Mrs. Engels: A Novel - Oct 13, 2015 by Gavin McCrea
- Adventures in Human Being: A Grand Tour from the Cranium to the Calcaneum - Oct 13, 2015 by Gavin Francis
- The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence - May 11, 1999 by Gavin de Becker
- Zen Pencilsâ"Volume Two: Dream the Impossible Dream - Oct 13, 2015 by Gavin Aung Than
- Gothic for the Steam Age: An Illustrated Biography of George Gilbert Scott - Oct 2, 2015 by Gavin Stamp
- Protecting the Gift: Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (and Parents Sane) - May 9, 2000 by Gavin de Becker
Movies about Gavin:
- Gavin and Stacey Season 12008 CC
- Gavin and Stacey Season 32010 CC
- Gavin and Stacey Season 22008 CC
- Gilmore Girls: Season 62005 NR
- Gavin DeGraw: Sweeter Live2012 G
- Gavin & Stacey: Season 22011 NR
- Gavin & Stacey: Season 3 plus 2008 Christmas Special2011 NR
- Gavin and Stacey: Season 12009 NR
- Gavin & Stacey: The Complete Collection2011 NR
- Gavin Degraw: Hob2009 NR
Famous about Gavin:
- Gavin Rossdale - musician
- Gavin DeGraw - musician
- Gavin MacLeod - actor
- Gavin Creel - actor
- Gavin Griffin - professional poker player
- Gavin Newsom - San Francisco Mayor
Wiki information Gavin:
- Gavin & Stacey
- TV Sitcom, Award-Winning Work, Award-Nominated Work, Adapted Work, Topic, Netflix Title, TV Program
Gavin & Stacey is a British romantic situation comedy that follows the long-distance relationship of Gavin from Billericay in Essex, England, and Stacey from Barry in the Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. The writers of the show, actors James Corden and Ruth...
- Gavin Newsom
- Politician, Political Appointer, Person, Public figure with medical condition, Film actor, Social network user, Person or entity appearing in film, Award Winner, Topic, Identity
Gavin Christopher Newsom is an American politician. He is the 49th and current lieutenant governor of California, after being elected in 2010 and re-elected in 2014. In 2003, he was elected the 42nd Mayor of San Francisco, the city's youngest in a...
- Gavin DeGraw
- Alternative Artist, Person, Lyricist, Musical Artist, Identity, Musician, Film actor, Topic, Featured artist, Social network user
Gavin Shane DeGraw is an American musician and singer-songwriter. He rose to fame with the single "I Don't Want to Be" from his debut album Chariot which became the theme song for the television drama series One Tree Hill. Other singles from the...
- Gavin Rossdale
- Alternative Artist, Celebrity, Topic, Guitarist, Featured artist, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Composer, Musician, Film music contributor
Gavin McGregor Rossdale is an English musician and actor, known as the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the rock band Bush. Following Bush's separation in 2002, which lasted for eight years, he was the lead singer and guitarist for Institute, and...
- James M. Gavin
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Identity, Person, Military Person, Author, Deceased Person
James Maurice "Jumpin' Jim" Gavin was a prominent lieutenant general in the United States Army during World War II. He was also referred to as "The Jumping General", because of his practice of taking part in combat drops with the paratroopers whom he...
- Gavin MacLeod
- Actor, Person, Award Nominee, TV Actor, Film actor, Influence Node, Award Winner
Gavin MacLeod is an American character actor notable for playing Joseph "Happy" Haines on McHale's Navy, Murray Slaughter on The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and for his lead role as Captain Merrill Stubing on The Love Boat.
- Gavin Henson
- Athlete, Film actor, TV Actor, Measured person, Person, Identity, Topic
Gavin Lloyd Henson is a Welsh rugby union player who currently plays for Bristol Rugby. He attracted much media attention as part of a Wales national team which achieved Grand Slams in the Six Nations Championship in 2005 and 2008. He has also played...
- Gavin Harrison
- Jazz fusion Artist, Musician, Webpage, Musical Artist, Person, , Composer
Gavin Harrison is an English drummer and percussionist. He is best known for playing with the British progressive rock bands Porcupine Tree and King Crimson. His influences come from his father's jazz collection and from drummers such as Steve Gadd...
- John Gavin
- Actor, Film actor, Person, Award Nominee, Identity, TV Actor, Topic, Influence Node, Award Winner, Theater Actor
John Gavin is an American film actor and a former United States Ambassador to Mexico from 1981–86 and head of the Screen Actors Guild from 1971-73. He is best known for his performances in the films Imitation of Life, Spartacus, Psycho, and...
- Gavin Free
- Person, Film director, Topic
Gavin David Free is an English filmmaker and actor. Originally from Thame in Oxfordshire, he is best known for his work at the Austin, Texas-based production company Rooster Teeth, featuring in many of their projects including the Achievement Hunter...