Meaning : Pledge Or Young Goat, Small goat, Pledge or Young Goat, The name Giles means 'young goat' or 'goat skin'. Saint Giles was a miracle worker that was able to heal cripples and beggars,
Pronunciation : (JHAYLZ), JI ulls, JIELZ, JIE-əlz ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Giles:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Giles:
- Giles is a common surname in England which was once a relatively popular given name. The name refers to goat-skin from which ancient shields were made.
- Latin Meaning: The name Giles is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Giles is: Kind.
- American Meaning: The name Giles is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Giles is: Kind.
- Greek Meaning: The name Giles is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Giles is: Shield bearer.
- English Meaning: The name Giles is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Giles is: An EnglishLatin name Aegidius, meaning kid or goatskin. Famous bearer: the sixth century hermit St Giles was patron saint of cripples and beggars.
- Gaelic Meaning: The name Giles is a Gaelic baby name. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Giles is: Servant. Famous bearer: the sixth century hermit St Giles was patron saint of cripples and beggars.
- From the Late Latin name Aegidius, which is derived from Greek αιγιδιον (aigidion) meaning "young goat". Saint Giles was an 8th-century miracle worker who came to southern France from Greece. He is regarded as the patron saint of the crippled. In Old French the name Aegidius became Gidie and then Gilles, at which point it was imported to England.
Definition funny of Giles:
- awwwwwwww giles your such a giles,lets make out.
- 'Giles lived for school. He's actually bitter that there are only 12 grades. The man probably sat in math class going: there isn't enough math, this could be mathier.'
- "Pass me the Giles" "Have you got a Giles with you?" "My Giles is out of batteries"
- "Whoa eating that whole burger was gile"
- Damn,Giles can Fucking drink!
- you're such a giles!
- "It appears we are in a troublesome situation." 'Stop gilesing Matt!' "I'm not, my glasses really need a good cleaning!" 'By talking, you only prove my point further.'
Expression information Giles:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Giles:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Giles:
- Giles by Unearth from the Album III: In The Eyes Of Fire
- Giles County, Pulaski Post Office by Red Foley from the Album Road Trip, Vol.3 (Songs from the Route 66)
- M. Giles Hobies Galiard by The King's Noyse and David Douglass Paul O'Dette from the Album Seaven Teares - Music of John Dowland
- Zopf: Giles Farnaby's Dream (2008 Digital Remaster) by Penguin Café Orchestra from the Album Music From The Penguin Cafe
- Gile Sampion by Zabranjeno Pusenje from the Album Ja NIsam Odavle
- The Great I Am (Featuring Tamba Giles) by The Festival Workshop Mass Choir from the Album 3rd African American Music Festival Presents: A Praise Celebration
- We Three Kings (feat. Giles Reaves) by Steven Sharp Nelson from the Album Christmas Cello
- Winchester from St Giles' Hill by Big Big Train from the Album English Electric (Part One)
- Giles Farnaby's Dream by Penguin Café Orchestra from the Album Concert Program
- Gile Mear by Relativity from the Album Relativity
Books about Giles:
- Ptexam: The Complete Study Guide - Sep 1, 2014 by Scott M. Giles
- Blindsided (A Thriller) - Apr 23, 2011 by Jay Giles
- Gilead: A Novel - Jan 10, 2006 by Marilynne Robinson
- paranormal romance: Trouble - Aug 12, 2015 by RHYS GILES
- Caught - Sep 8, 2015 by Sulli Giles
- Moneymoon's End - A Thriller - Jun 9, 2010 by Jay Giles
- Sink, Swim, Die (The Bullet-Riddled Yacht Book 2) - Sep 28, 2015 by Jay Giles
- Blood Eye: A Novel (Raven: Book 1) - Aug 28, 2012 by Giles Kristian
- The People's Galleries: Art Museums and Exhibitions in Britain, 18001914 - Sep 15, 2015 by Giles Waterfield
- Commotion in the Ocean - Mar 1, 2002 by Giles Andreae and David Wojtowycz
Movies about Giles:
- Cadfael: The Complete Collection2010 NR
- Brother Cadfael - Leper of St. Giles2001 NR
- Brother Cadfael, Set 11995 NR
- Charlie Rose with Don King; James Meigs, Janet Maslin & Jeff Giles2006
- Until Death (2007) Jean-Claude Van Damme; Stephen Rea; Selina Giles2007 R
- Cadfael Series One1995
- Jolly Roger: Das Massaker von Cutter's Cove [DVD] (2006) Rhett Giles, Tom Nagel2005
- 2012 Armageddon (Blu-Ray) [Alemania] (Blu-Ray) (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone B2) Rhett Giles; Jill St...2011 Unrated
- Nostradamus 2012 [Blu-Ray] [Special Edition] (Blu-Ray) (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone B2) Giles,Rhett...2012 Unrated
- Black Hole Destruccion Tierra (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2012) Randy Mulkey; Rhett Giles; S2012 Unrated
Wiki information Giles:
- St Giles' Cathedral
- Structure, Project focus, Travel destination, Location, Building, Place of interment
The High Kirk of Edinburgh, commonly called St Giles' Cathedral, is the principal place of worship of the Church of Scotland in Edinburgh. Its distinctive crown steeple is a prominent feature of the city skyline, at about a third of the way down the...
Wade–Giles, sometimes abbreviated Wade, is a romanization system for Mandarin Chinese. It developed from a system produced by Thomas Wade, during the mid-19th century, and was given completed form with Herbert Giles's Chinese–English Dictionary of...
- Giles County
- Administrative Division, US County, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, Dated location, Location
Giles County is a county located in the U.S. state of Tennessee. As of the 2010 census, the population was 29,485. Its county seat is Pulaski.
- St Giles, London
St Giles is a district of London, at the southern tip of the London Borough of Camden. It was formerly the parish of St Giles in the Fields and the combined parishes of St Giles in the Fields and St George Bloomsbury formed the St Giles District of...
- St Giles in the Fields
- Palladian Structure, Building, Listed Site, Structure, Location, Project focus, Place of worship, Place of interment
St Giles-in-the-Fields, also commonly known as the Poets' Church, is a church in the London Borough of Camden, in the West End. It is close to the Centre Point office tower and the Tottenham Court Road tube station. The church is part of the Diocese...
- Giles County
- US County, Location, Newspaper circulation area, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Administrative Division, Dated location
Giles County is a county located in the U.S. state of Virginia. As of the 2010 census, the population was 17,286. Its county seat is Pearisburg. Giles County is included in the Blacksburg-Christiansburg-Radford, VA Metropolitan Statistical...
- Saint Giles
- Deceased Person, Person, Name source
Saint Giles was a Greek Christian hermit saint from Athens, whose legend is centered in Provence and Septimania. The tomb in the abbey Giles was said to have founded, in Saint-Gilles-du-Gard, became a place of pilgrimage and a stop on the road that...
- Hip hop Artist, Musician, Social network user, Featured artist, Film actor, Composer, Film writer, Film director, Topic, Lyricist
Cameron Ezike Giles, better known by his stage name Cam'ron, is an American rapper, actor and entrepreneur from Harlem, New York. He is the de facto leader of East Coast hip hop groups The Diplomats, and U.N.. Cam'ron was also a part of the group...
- Rupert Giles
- Video Game Character, TV Character, Fictional Character
Rupert Giles is a fictional character created by Joss Whedon for the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The character is portrayed by Anthony Stewart Head. He serves as Buffy Summers' mentor and surrogate father figure. The character proved...
- Giles Coren
- TV Host, Person, TV Personality, Topic, TV Actor
Giles Coren is an English columnist and restaurant critic for The Times and has contributed to various publications including the Independent on Sunday, Tatler and GQ. He was named Food and Drink Writer of the Year at the British Press Awards in...