Meaning : A popular girls name, from Latin origin meaning 'charm' or 'grace', of biblical origin, it has grown in popularity in the twentieth century., Charm, Effortless beauty,
Pronunciation : (GRASE), grayse, GRAYS ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Grace:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Grace:
- Grace is a name with Latin origins. The meaning of the name Grace is charm. It was first created as a reference to the “grace of God.” Alternate spellings of the name Grace include Grace, Grayse, Gracia, and Graciella. Common nicknames of the name Grace include Gracie, Gray,and Gigi. Famous Graces include actress Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco. There are singers named Grace, including Grace Slick and Grace Jones. Writers and poets named Grace include Grace Bauer, Grace Noll Crowell, Grace Lumpkin, and Grace Ingalls. Grace Phipps is an American actress as is Grace Zabriskie. Fictional Graces include Grace Adler from t.v.’s Will and Grace. Other t.v. Graces include Grace Van Pelt from The Mentalist and Grace Van Owen from LA Law. Grace Holloway was in a Dr. Who movie. Grace is the middle name of Hazel Grace from the book The Fault in our Stars. People who like the name Grace tend to like traditional, old-fashioned, and British names.
- From the abstract noun via Old French, from Latin gratia. Occurring occasionally during the 15th century and coming to prominence by the 1540s, Grace often topped the popularity list in local parishes. Popular particularly in Scotland and northern England, Grace was a name also borne by Grace Darling, lighthouse keeper's daughter, who saved sailors during a storm in 1938. In more recent times it was famous as the name of actress Grace Kelly, who became Princess Grace of Monaco.In Ireland it is used as an Anglicized form of Grainne. The name is also promoted by TV sitcom Will & Grace.
- Latin Meaning: The name Grace is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Grace is: Grace.
- American Meaning: The name Grace is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Grace is: Grace.
- English Meaning: The name Grace is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Grace is: From the word 'grace', derived from the Latin 'gratia', meaning God's favor. Famous bearer: American actress Grace Kelly became Princess Grace of Monaco.
- Irish Meaning: The name Grace is an Irish baby name. In Irish the meaning of the name Grace is: AIrish name Grianne, meaning love.
- Grace is the most popular of all the virtue names, with good reason -- it’s pretty, simple, strong, and fits right in with today’s grandma-names-are-back trend. Its first peak was at number 13 in the 1880s and its next -- after a long trip down and back up -- was 13 in 2003. It was first used as a given name by the Puritans in the late sixteenth century but now is popular among the slightly more famous set -- Lance Armstrong, Christy Turlington, and tons more stars have little Graces of their own.
- From the English word grace, which ultimately derives from Latin gratia. This was one of the virtue names created in the 17th century by the Puritans. The actress Grace Kelly (1929-1982) was a famous bearer.
Definition funny of Grace:
- 1) The swan glided over the lake gracefully. 2) Me: 'Grace is the cutest girl ever, She makes my heart beat faster, she's so beautyful. If you ever go out with her, you are one lucky guy...'
- Amazing grace
- Heaven on earth. A star to light your life.
- "God damn, grace was looking so fine last" "dude did you hit that" "Yeah bro, me and grace hit up" "Dude im so proud of you" "I know"
- Who's that girl? "I don't know but she seems amazing!" I bet her name is Grace.
- Grace is the greatest person in the world
- i love grace so much
Expression information Grace:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Grace:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Grace:
Books about Grace:
- Grace: More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine - Feb 18, 2014 by Max Lucado
- Grace: Thirty Years of Fashion at Vogue - Sep 28, 2015 by Grace Coddington
- Grace: A Memoir - Nov 20, 2012 by Grace Coddington
- Ordinary Grace - Mar 4, 2014 by William Kent Krueger
- What's So Amazing About Grace? - Feb 17, 2002 by Philip Yancey
- Sovereign Grace Its Source, Its Nature and Its Effects - Mar 24, 2011 by Dwight Lyman Moody
- The Grace of God - Sep 12, 2011 by Andy Stanley
- Grace (American Girl Today) - Jan 1, 2015 by Mary Casanova and Sarah Davis
- Grace (I Like to Read) (I Like to Read Books) - Jan 30, 2015 by Kate Parkinson
- The Language of Grace: Learning to Hear the Gospel Well - Feb 14, 2015 by Joshua Nickel
Movies about Grace:
- Grace Unplugged2013 PG CC
- Healed by Grace2015 CC
- Island of Grace2011 NR CC
- By God's Grace2014 NR CC
- An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success2015 NR CC
- Saving Grace2014 NR CC
- Beyond Grace2013 NR CC
- Ram Dass Fierce Grace2001 NR CC
- Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure2014 G CC
- Hollywood Collection: Grace Kelly: The American Princess2007 NR CC
Famous about Grace:
- Grace Kelly - actress and princess
- Grace Coolidge - wife of President Calvin Coolidge
- Grace Adler - character in Will & Grace
- Grace Coddington - Vogue creative director
- Grace Jones - singer and model
Wiki information Grace:
- Man, Person
In Western Christian theology, grace has been defined, not as a created substance of any kind, but as "the love and mercy given to us by God because God desires us to have it, not because of anything we have done to earn it", "the condescension or...
- Grace Kelly
- Actor, Person, Musical Artist, Webpage, Author, Measured person, Family member, Organization founder, Musician, TV Actor
Grace Patricia Kelly was an American actress who, after marrying Prince Rainier III, became the Princess of Monaco. After embarking on an acting career in 1950, at the age of 20, Kelly appeared in New York City theatrical productions and more than 40...
- Divine grace
Divine grace is a theological term present in many religions. It has been defined as the divine influence which operates in humans to regenerate and sanctify, to inspire virtuous impulses, and to impart strength to endure trial and resist temptation;...
- W. R. Grace and Company
- Chemical industry Business, Ranked item, Employer, Business Operation, Issuer, Organization
W.R. Grace and Company is a Columbia, Maryland–based chemical conglomerate. Grace is divided into three business segments—Grace Catalysts Technologies, Grace Materials Technologies, and Grace Construction Products. Grace is a specialty chemicals and...
- Will & Grace
- TV Sitcom, Broadcast, Identity, Award-Winning Work, Topic, Netflix Title, TV Program, Award-Nominated Work
Will & Grace is an American sitcom created by Max Mutchnick and David Kohan about the relationship between best friends Will Truman, a lawyer who is gay and Grace Adler, a straight interior designer. It was broadcast on NBC from September 21, 1998 to...
A grace is a short prayer or thankful phrase said before or after eating. The term most commonly refers to Christian traditions. Some traditions hold that grace and thanksgiving imparts a blessing which sanctifies the meal. In English, reciting such...
- Amazing Grace
"Amazing Grace" is a Christian hymn published in 1779, with words written by the English poet and clergyman John Newton. Newton wrote the words from personal experience. He grew up without any particular religious conviction, but his life's path was...
- The Grace
- K-pop Artist, Musical Group, Award Nominee, Musical Artist, Award Winner
The Grace is a four-member South Korean girl group formed by SM Entertainment in 2005. The group consists of Lina, Dana, Sunday, and Stephanie. In 2011, they formed a sub-unit duo group The Grace - Dana & Sunday.
- W. G. Grace
- Deceased Person, Measured person, Physician, Cricket Bowler, Person, Identity, Athlete, Cricket Player
William Gilbert "W. G." Grace, MRCS, LRCP was an English amateur cricketer who was important in the development of the sport and is widely considered one of its greatest-ever players. Universally known as "W. G.", he played first-class cricket for a...
- Grace Jones
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Award Nominee, Composer, Influence Node, Record Producer, Film actor, Product Endorser, Featured artist, Person, Broadcast Artist
Grace Jones is a Jamaican singer, songwriter, model, record producer, and actress. She was born in Spanish Town, Jamaica and raised by her grandparents. At 13 she moved with her siblings to their parents' home in Syracuse, New York. Jones started out...