Meaning : Vigilant, Watchful, Derived from Greek and the Latin Gregorius, meaning 'vigilant'., Sentry,
Pronunciation : (GREHGeriy), GREG-ə-ree , GREG ger ree,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Gregory:
- Name Number: 5. Meaning: Motion, Change, Freedom, Diversity, Liberty, Choice, Interest, Search, Risk, Danger, Fear
Additional information Gregory:
- Gregory comes from a Greek word meaning ‘Sentry’. It was introduced to England by the pope St Gregory the Great and has been popular since the Norman Conquest. It is shortened to Greg most commonly and in Scotland it also takes the form Gregor. Gregory Isaacs was a Reggae Musician and Vocalist.
- Greek Meaning: The name Gregory is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Gregory is: Watchful. Famous bearer: American actor Gregory Peck, and Pope Gregory I who was also known as St Gregory the Great.
- American Meaning: The name Gregory is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Gregory is: Watchful. Famous bearer: American actor Gregory Peck, and Pope Gregory I who was also known as St Gregory the Great.
- English Meaning: The name Gregory is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Gregory is: On the watch. As the first of 16 Gregory popes Pope Gregory fostered the development of Gregorian chants. See also Greg. Gregorio: (ltalian/Spanish/Portuguese) 'On the watch.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Gregory is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Gregory is: The Tragedy of Romeo And Juliet' Servant to Capulet.
- English form of Latin Gregorius, which was from the Late Greek name Γρηγοριος (Gregorios), derived from γρηγορος (gregoros) meaning "watchful, alert". This name was popular among early Christians, being borne by a number of important saints including Saint Gregory Thaumaturgus (3rd century), Saint Gregory of Nyssa (4th century), Saint Gregory of Nazianzus (4th century), and Saint Gregory of Tours (6th century). It was also borne by the 6th-century pope Saint Gregory I the Great, a reformer and Doctor of the Church, as well as 15 subsequent popes. Due to the renown of the saints by this name, Gregory (in various spellings) has remained common in the Christian world through the Middle Ages and to the present day. It was not used in England, however, until after the Norman conquest. A famous bearer from the modern era was American actor Gregory Peck (1916-2003).
Definition funny of Gregory:
- Gregory, also known as Greg, but somethimes called by their lastname, is that guy who nobody can ever figure out. He always does extrmely well or fails completely.
- girl 1: he's deffently a gregory. girl 2: oh wow, i thought he was just doing a booty call.
- Eggs: So bacon you think you're cool huh since you're like the best breakfast food in the world? Bacon: Yea, I'm pretty awesome, but I really just want to be like Gregory.
- Gregory doesn't give a fuck about lauren
- Gregory- "Hey'' Girl: -girl falls in love- "he...he...hey greg"
- Girl1- Gregory 2 o clock
- "There's no way I'm gonna accept anything but cash from you son, your last Gregory bounced like a superball"
Expression information Gregory:
- People with this name are excited by change, adventure, and excitement. They are dynamic, visionary and versatile, able to make constructive use of freedom. They fight being restricted by rules and conventions. They tend to be optomistic, energetic, intelligent, and to make friends easily. They may be changeable, restless, untidy, and rebellious.
Soul information Gregory:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Gregory:
- Holding On [feat. Gregory Porter] by Disclosure from the Album Caracal (Deluxe)
- Holding On [feat. Gregory Porter] by Disclosure from the Album Holding On
- Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second by Strfkr from the Album Starfucker
- Holding On [feat. Gregory Porter] by Disclosure from the Album Caracal
- Everyday [DJ Gregory's Mix] by John Ciafone from the Album Defected Presents House Masters: DJ Gregory & Julien Jabre
- Right Where You Are [feat. Gregory Porter] by Lizz Wright from the Album Freedom & Surrender
- Let Me Love You [DJ Gregory Remix - Full Length] by Bunny Mack from the Album Let Me Love You
- Hosea (w/m Weston Priory, Gregory Norbert) by John Michael Talbot from the Album City Of God
- Holding On (Originally Performed by Disclosure Feat. Gregory Porter) by Sleek & Sound from the Album Top Karaoke Hits
- Holding On (Gus Pirelli VIP 7" Disco Mix) [feat. Gregory Porter] by Disclosure from the Album Holding On (Gus Pirelli VIP 7" Disco Mix)
Books about Gregory:
- The Taming of the Queen - Aug 25, 2015 by Philippa Gregory
- How's Your Faith?: An Unlikely Spiritual Journey - Sep 15, 2015 by David Gregory
- The King's Curse (The Cousins' War) - Apr 7, 2015 by Philippa Gregory
- The White Queen (The Cousins' War) - Jul 9, 2013 by Philippa Gregory
- The Constant Princess (Boleyn) - Sep 6, 2006 by Philippa Gregory
- The Kingmaker's Daughter (The Cousins' War) - Apr 9, 2013 by Philippa Gregory
- The Lady of the Rivers: A Novel (The Cousins War) - Apr 3, 2012 by Philippa Gregory
- The White Princess (Cousins' War) - Apr 1, 2014 by Philippa Gregory
- The Boleyn Inheritance - Dec 30, 2008 by Philippa Gregory
- The Red Queen (The Cousin's War) - Jul 9, 2013 by Philippa Gregory
Movies about Gregory:
- Hollywood Collection: Gregory Peck - His Own Man2009 NR CC
- Gregory's Girl2012 PG CC
- Gregory Alan Isakov2013 NR CC
- Gregory Crewdson: Brief Encounters2012 NR CC
- André Gregory & Wallace Shawn: 3 Films2015 Unrated
- The Gregory Peck Film Collection2008 NR
- Gregory's Girl1982 PG
- A Conversation With Gregory Peck2011
- The Hollywood Collection - Gregory Peck: His Own Man2008 NR
- Isaacs, Gregory - Live Rockers TV2014 NR
Wiki information Gregory:
- Pope Gregory I
- Literature Subject, Deceased Person, Religious Leader, Name source, Author, Person
Pope Gregory I, commonly known as Saint Gregory the Great, was Pope from 3 September 590 to his death in 604. Gregory is well known for his writings, which were more prolific than those of any of his predecessors as pope. He is also known as St....
- Order of St. Gregory the Great
- Order of Chivalry, Award category
The Pontifical Equestrian Order of St. Gregory the Great was established on 1 September 1831, by Pope Gregory XVI, seven months after his election to that seat by the College of Cardinals. The Order of St. Gregory the Great is one of the five Orders...
- Gregory of Nazianzus
- Person, Deceased Person, Religious Leader, Author
Gregory of Nazianzus, also known as Gregory the Theologian or Gregory Nazianzen, was a 4th-century Archbishop of Constantinople. He is widely considered the most accomplished rhetorical stylist of the patristic age. As a classically trained orator...
- Pope Gregory VII
- Person, Deceased Person, Name source, Religious Leader
Saint Gregory VII, born Hildebrand of Sovana, was Pope from 22 April 1073 to his death in 1085. Gregory VII was beatified by Pope Gregory XIII in 1584 and canonized in 1728 by Pope Benedict XIII. One of the great reforming popes, he is perhaps best...
- Gregory the Illuminator
- Deceased Person, Person, Architect
Saint Gregory the Illuminator or Saint Gregory the Enlightener is the patron saint and first official head of the Armenian Apostolic Church. He was a religious leader who is credited with converting Armenia from paganism to Christianity in 301....
- Gregory Peck
- Actor, TV Actor, Film producer, Theater Actor, Musical Artist, Person, Topic, Influence Node, Topic, TV Personality
Eldred Gregory Peck was an American actor. One of the world's most popular film stars from the 1940s to the 1960s, Peck continued to play major film roles until the late 1970s. His performance as Atticus Finch in the 1962 film To Kill a Mockingbird...
- Gregory of Tours
- Writer, Person, Author, Deceased Person
Saint Gregory of Tours was a Gallo-Roman historian and Bishop of Tours, which made him a leading prelate of Gaul. He was born Georgius Florentius, later adding the name Gregorius in honour of his maternal great-grandfather. He is the main...
- Gregory Isaacs
- Lovers Rock Artist, Film actor, Featured artist, Social network user, Composer, Person, Lyricist, Musician, Record Producer, Identity
Gregory Anthony Isaacs was a Jamaican reggae musician. Milo Miles, writing in The New York Times, described Isaacs as "the most exquisite vocalist in reggae". His honorific nickname was the Cool Ruler.
- Gregory Thaumaturgus
- Author, Deceased Person, Person
Gregory Thaumaturgus or Gregory the Miracle-Worker, also known as Gregory of Neocaesarea, was a Christian bishop of the 3rd century. He has been canonized as a saint in the Catholic and Orthodox churches.
- Gregory Hines
- Dancer, Topic, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, Film director, TV Personality, Topic, Theater Actor, Musician
Gregory Oliver Hines was an American actor, singer, dancer and choreographer.