Meaning : Home Ruler, The feminine form of 'Harry'. Which means ' house owner, or lord of the manor', Home ruler,
Pronunciation : HER-ee-ət, HAR-ee-ət , (ha-riy-yet), HA ri et,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Harriet:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Harriet:
- Harriet is an Anglicized version of the French name Henriette, the feminine form of Henry. First having surfaced in the 17th century, Harriet rose in popularity over the next 200 years.
- Teutonic Meaning: The name Harriet is a Teutonic baby name. In Teutonic the meaning of the name Harriet is: Ruler of the home.
- American Meaning: The name Harriet is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Harriet is: Ruler of the home.
- French Meaning: The name Harriet is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Harriet is: Keeper of the hearth. Rules her household. From Henriette, the French feminine form of Henry.
- English Meaning: The name Harriet is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Harriet is: Rules the Home. Feminine form of Harry (from Henry). Famous Bearer: Harriet Beecher Stowe (Uncle Tom's Cabin, 1811). a.
- English form of HENRIETTE, and thus a feminine form of HARRY. It was first used in the 17th century, becoming very common in the English-speaking world by the 18th century. A famous bearer was Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896), the American author who wrote 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'.
Definition funny of Harriet:
- wow, you really are a harriet!
- There are not too many sexy women I know named Harriet, but today I met a sexy Asian lady named Harriet, so therefore Harriet is now a sexian Asian woman
- I want my girlfriend to be a harriet
- 'geeez, did you see that girl making sexual faces at me?' 'yeah, shes such a harriet'
- "Shes so nice, i think i should call her Harriet :)"
- wow that girl is amazing! Yeea she s a Harriet
- "Harriet is my one"
Expression information Harriet:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Harriet:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Harriet:
- With Your Face To The Wind (Harriet's Song) by Peter, Paul and Mary from the Album Flowers And Stones
- Harriet Jones by Eric Benet from the Album Soul Love 2015
- Harriet Tubman [Explicit] by Qwel from the Album If It Ain't Been in a Pawn Shop, Then It Can't Play the Blues [Explicit]
- Sweet Harriet by The Western Swing Authority from the Album Sweet Harriet - Single
- Sweet Harriet by The Western Swing Authority from the Album Now Playing
- Harriet Tubman by Holly Near, Ronnie Gilbert from the Album Lifeline Extended - Live from the Great American Music Hall
- Lake Harriet by Carrie Rodriguez from the Album Give Me All You Got
- Harriet Tubman / Steal Away by Kim And Reggie Harris from the Album Steal Away: Songs Of The Underground Railroad
- Harriet Tubman by Holly Near from the Album And Still We Sing: The Outspoken Collection
- Harriet by Hey Rosetta! from the Album Second Sight
Books about Harriet:
- The Harriet Lane Handbook: Mobile Medicine Series, 20e - Jun 3, 2014 by Johns Hopkins Hospital and Branden Engorn MD
- This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance! - Sep 8, 2015 by Jonathan Evison
- Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild! - May 1, 2003 by Mem Fox and Marla Frazee
- Harriet the Spy - May 8, 2001 by Louise Fitzhugh
- Harriet Wolf's Seventh Book of Wonders: A Novel - Aug 18, 2015 by Julianna Baggott
- Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible - Aug 18, 2015 by Ursula Vernon
- Harriet (Valancourt 20th Century Classics) - Mar 31, 2015 by Elizabeth Jenkins and Catherine Pope
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Mar 8, 2011 by Rebecca Skloot
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (Dover Thrift Editions) - Nov 9, 2001 by Harriet Jacobs
- Dance of Anger: A Woman's Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships - Mar 25, 2014 by Harriet Lerner
Movies about Harriet:
- The Best Of The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet Volume 11952
- Harriet the Spy1996 PG CC
- Harriet Tubman And The Underground Railroad2007 NR CC
- Volume 2: Boys Will Be Boys1957
- Volume 3: Christmas With the Nelsons1952
- Harriet The Spy2013 PG
- Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars2010
- Dorothy L. Sayers Mysteries: Harriet Vane Collection2002 NR
- Wait Up Harriet2009 NR CC
- Harriet Tubman Interactive DVD2005 NR
Wiki information Harriet:
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Novelist, Topic, Fictional Character Creator, Author, Topic, Name source, Influence Node, Person, Film story contributor, Identity
Harriet Elisabeth Beecher Stowe was an American abolitionist and author. She came from a famous religious family and is best known for her novel Uncle Tom's Cabin. It depicts the harsh life for African Americans under slavery. It reached millions as...
- Harriet Tubman
- Writer, Identity, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Literature Subject, Film subject, Person, Hall of fame inductee, Deceased Person, Public figure with medical condition
Harriet Tubman was an African-American abolitionist, humanitarian, and, during the American Civil War, a Union spy. Born into slavery, Tubman escaped and subsequently made some thirteen missions to rescue approximately seventy enslaved family and...
- Person, Deceased Organism, Organism
Harriet was a Galápagos tortoise who had an estimated age of 175 years at the time of her death in Australia. Harriet is the third oldest tortoise, behind Tu'i Malila, who died in 1965 at the age of 188, and Adwaita, who died in 2006 at the estimated...
- Harriet Andersson
- Actor, Person, Film actor, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node
Harriet Andersson is a Swedish actress, best known outside Sweden for being part of director Ingmar Bergman's stock company. She often played impulsive working class characters and quickly established a reputation on screen for her youthful,...
- Harriet Harman
- Identity, Politician, Person
Harriet Ruth Harman, QC MP is a British lawyer and politician who has been the acting Leader of the Labour Party and Leader of the Opposition since 2015 and a Member of Parliament since 1982, firstly for Peckham, and then for its successor...
- Harriet Walter
- Actor, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Author, Influence Node, Theater Actor, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, TV Actor, Film actor
Dame Harriet Mary Walter, DBE is an English actress of stage and screen. Her film appearances include Sense and Sensibility, Villa des Roses, Atonement, and Man Up. On television, she starred in the ITV drama series Law & Order: UK. She was appointed...
- Harriet Nelson
- Actor, Topic, Person, Influence Node, TV Actor, Film actor, Musical Artist, Deceased Person
Harriet Nelson was an American singer and actress. Nelson is best known for her role on the long-running sitcom The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.
- The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
- TV Sitcom, Topic, Award-Nominated Work, TV Program
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet is an American sitcom, airing on ABC from October 3, 1952, through March 26, 1966, starring the real-life Nelson family. After a long run on radio, the show was brought to television, where it continued its...
- Harriet Martineau
- Philosopher, Deceased Person, Author, Influence Node, Person
Harriet Martineau was an English social theorist and Whig writer, often cited as the first female sociologist. Martineau wrote many books and a multitude of essays from a sociological, holistic, religious, domestic, and perhaps most controversially,...
- Harriet Lane
- Person, Politician, Deceased Person
Harriet Rebecca Lane Johnston, acted as First Lady of the United States during the presidency of her uncle, lifelong bachelor James Buchanan, from 1857 to 1861. Among the handful of women who have served as first lady while not being married to the...