Meaning : Derived from the Old Greek meaning 'to hold; to posses', Hector is popular in many European languages, and is a form of the German name 'Hektor', Anchor, Holding Fast, Anchor, Steadfast, Anchor, steadfast,
Pronunciation : (HHEYKTOR), HEK-tər (English) , Hek tor,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Hector:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Hector:
- Latinised form of the Greek Hektor, this name is a very common first name and surname. Hector has a classical background mainly because of the heroic nature of its namesake in Greek legend. One of the Trojan champions he fought the Greeks and was eventually killed by Achilles.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Hector is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Hector is: Tenacious.
- American Meaning: The name Hector is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Hector is: Tenacious.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Hector is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Hector is: The History of Troilus and Cressida' King Priam's son.
- Greek Meaning: The name Hector is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Hector is: Holding fast; bully. Steadfast.
- Latin Meaning: The name Hector is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Hector is: Brother of Paris.
- Latinized form of Greek ‘Εκτωρ (Hektor), which was derived from ‘εκτωρ (hektor) "holding fast", ultimately from εχω (echo) meaning "to hold, to possess". In Greek legend Hector was one of the Trojan champions who fought against the Greeks. After he killed Achilles' friend Patroclus in battle, he was himself brutally slain by Achilles, who proceeded to tie his dead body to a chariot and drag it about. This name also appears in Arthurian legends belonging to King Arthur's foster father. Hector has occasionally been used as a given name since the Middle Ages, probably because of the noble character of the classical hero. It was historically common in Scotland, where it was used as an Anglicized form of Eachann.
Definition funny of Hector:
- He's so nice he must be a Hector.
- "Do you know Hector? Yeah, he changed my life."
- man that guy is such a hector, he is gettin all the girls
- Goddamn, I could barely fit that Hector into my vagina last night.
- Hector was the strongest of the Trojan warriors. Hector is one of the Nine Worthies
- That guy over there is a complete hector.
- Hector is so hot , I wish he was mine.
Expression information Hector:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Hector:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
Songs about Hector:
- Hector's House - Ian Carr
- Absolutely Not (Hex Hector/Mac Quayle Mixshow) by Deborah Cox from the Album Dance Vault Remixes - Absolutely Not
- Where Have You Been (Hector Fonseca Radio Edit) by Rihanna from the Album Where Have You Been (Remixes)
- Hector The Hero by The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards from the Album Spirit of the Glen
- La Murga de Panama (feat. Hector Lavoe & Willie Colon) by Alberto Pedraza from the Album Con Mucho Ritmo, Con Mucho Sabor
- I Turn To You (Hex Hector Radio Mix) by Melanie C from the Album I Turn To You
- Hector The Hero by North Sea Gas from the Album Lochanside
- Heartbreak Hotel (Hex Hector Radio Mix) by Whitney Houston feat. Faith Evans and Kelly Price from the Album Whitney The Greatest Hits
- Drama (Hector Fonseca Mix) by Club 69 from the Album New York Club Anthems, Vol. 2
- Control (Hector Fonseca Mix) by Fc Nond from the Album New York Club Anthems, Vol. 2
Books about Hector:
- Hector and the Search for Happiness - Aug 31, 2010 by Francois Lelord
- Hector - May 1, 2012 by Steve Barnes
- Hector and the Secrets of Love: A Novel (Hector's Journeys) - May 31, 2011 by Francois Lelord and Lorenzo Garcia
- A Change is Coming - Jun 5, 2015 by Hector Sosa Jr.
- Hector (5th Street #3) - Feb 7, 2013 by Elizabeth Reyes
- Hector and the Search for Lost Time: A Novel (Hector's Journeys) - Jul 31, 2012 by Francois Lelord
- Deep Down Dark: The Untold Stories of 33 Men Buried in a Chilean Mine, and the Miracle That Set Them Free - Sep 1, 2015 by Héctor Tobar
- Hector & The Search for Happiness - by Various Artists
- The Infamous Mary Ann Payton (Spanish Edition) - Sep 7, 2015 by Héctor Mota Portes
- Hector (The Ninth Inning Book 3) - Nov 25, 2015 by Lindsay Paige and Mary Smith
Movies about Hector:
- Hector and the Search for Happiness2014 R CC
- Hector & The Search for Happiness2014 R
- Hector The Mighty2016
- Berlioz Rediscovered2007 NR
- Hector Berlioz: La Damnation de Faust2006 NR
- Cynthia and Hector Mr. & Mrs. Colon2012 NR
- HECTOR SUAREZ COLLECTION, 6 MOVIE PACK EL MIL USOS 1, EL MIL USOS 2, EL REY DE LA VECINDAD, LAGUNILLA 1, LAGUNILLA...
- LA ERA DE CARDENAS
- Cartoon Crazys Christmas1948 NR
- Hector Lavoe: Cantante
Wiki information Hector:
- Hector Berlioz
- Film music contributor, Composer, Author, Librettist, Identity, Deceased Person, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film, Topic, Musical Artist
Hector Berlioz was a French Romantic composer, best known for his compositions Symphonie fantastique and Grande messe des morts. Berlioz made significant contributions to the modern orchestra with his Treatise on Instrumentation. He specified huge...
- Héctor Delgado
- Latin pop Artist, Featured artist, Social network user, Musician, Film actor, Person, Topic, Musical Artist
Héctor Delgado Román is a Puerto Rican former reggaeton recording artist and producer, formerly known by the artistic names Héctor "El Father" and Hector "El Bambino". He announced his retirement in 2008 but had a series of "Farewell Concerts" that...
- Fictional Character, Film character, Employer in fiction, TV Character, Book Character, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction
In Greek mythology, Hector was a Trojan prince and the greatest fighter for Troy in the Trojan War. As the first-born son of King Priam and Queen Hecuba, who was a descendant of Dardanus and Tros, the founder of Troy, he was a prince of the royal...
- Héctor Camacho
- Professional Boxer, Measured person, Person or entity appearing in film, Deceased Person, TV Personality, Boxer, Public figure with medical condition, Film actor, Person, Topic
Héctor Luís Camacho Matías, nicknamed Macho Camacho, was a Puerto Rican professional boxer and singer. Known for his quickness in the ring and flamboyant style, he held major championships in the super featherweight, lightweight, and junior...
- Folk rock Artist, Composer, Musical Artist, Lyricist, Musician, Topic, Person, Featured artist
Heikki Veikko Harma is a Finnish singer-songwriter who has also distinguished himself as a translator of song lyrics, but has written popular lyrics of his own too. To the public he's better known by the name Hector, which he has used since the...
- Héctor Lavoe
- Bolero Artist, Composer, Public figure with medical condition, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, Film subject, Topic, Person, , Deceased Person
Héctor Juan Pérez Martínez, better known as Héctor Lavoe, was a Puerto Rican salsa singer. . Lavoe was born and raised in the Machuelo Abajo sector of Ponce, Puerto Rico. Early in his life, he attended the Ponce Free School of Music, today the...
- Héctor Elizondo
- Actor, TV Personality, Award Winner, Identity, Award Nominee, Film actor, Influence Node, TV Actor, Theater Actor, Film producer
Héctor Elizondo is an American actor. Elizondo's first major role was that of God in the 1970 Off-Broadway play Steambath, for which he won an Obie Award. Since then Elizondo has participated in over eighty films and has made numerous television...
- Héctor Herrera
- Soccer Midfielder, Olympic athlete, Athlete, Football player, Measured person, Person
Héctor Miguel Herrera López is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as central midfielder for Porto and the Mexico national team. He is known as a classic box-to-box midfielder who is equally adept at halting advances from opposing players as...
- Location, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, Dated location
Hector is a city in Renville County, Minnesota, USA. The population was 1,151 at the 2010 census.
- Héctor Cúper
- Professional Association Football Player, Person, Identity, Football team manager, Measured person, Football player, Athlete
Héctor Raúl Cúper is a former Argentine footballer and current manager who manages the Egyptian national football team.