Meaning : Ruler of the Home, Usually a boys name , Henry means 'house owner' or 'lord of the manor'., Ruler Of The Home, Home ruler,
Pronunciation : HEN ree, HEN-ree , (HHEHNRiy),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Henry:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Henry:
- Henry is a name with German and English origins. The meaning of the name Henry is Ruler of the Home. The French spelling of Henry is Henri whereas the German spelling is Henrik. The most common nickname of the name Henry is Hank. Other nicknames include Harry, Henny and Hen. Henry VIII was a notorious British ruler as were the other Tudors named Henry. A current Royal is Harry (Prince Henry of Wales). Other famous men named Henry include composer Henry Mancini, carmaker Henry Ford, and actor sHenry Winkler, Henry Fonda, and Henry Cavill. Henry Kissinger was US Secretary of State and National Security Advisor. Hank Greenberg was a famous baseball player. Henry David Thoreau was an American author and naturalist. Fictional characters with the name Henry include Uncle Henry from the Wizard of Oz series by L. Frank Baum. Other characters include Henry Higgins (My Fair Lady), Henry “Indian” Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark), Henry Jekyll (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde), and Henry Rearden (Atlas Shrugged). People who like the name Henry like traditional names with British origins.
- Comprised of haim (home) and ric (power; ruler), Henry is a German name adopted by Normans who introduced it to Britain. The name was borne by numerous British kings including Henry VIII in the Tudor period. Other name links include Thierry Henry (footballer), Henry Matisse (artist) and Henry Kissinger (politician).
- French Meaning: The name Henry is a French baby name. In French the meaning of the name Henry is: Rules the home.
- American Meaning: The name Henry is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Henry is: Rules the home.
- English Meaning: The name Henry is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Henry is: Rules his household.' Oft-used English and French royal name. The second son of Charles Prince of Wales is named Henry.
- German Meaning: The name Henry is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Henry is: Rules his household. Oft-used English and French royal name. The second son of Charles Prince of Wales is named Henry.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Henry is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Henry is: Richard II' Henry Bolingbroke, later 'Henry IV" Hal, later 'Henry V'. 'Henry VI'. Henry, Earl of Richmond. 'Henry VIII' King, & Sir Henry Guildford. 'King John' Prince Henry. 'Henry IV' & 'Richard II' Henry Percy, Hotspur. 'Richard III' Henry VII.
- Incredibly popular among kings and other rulers all over the world, Henry stems from the Germanic name Heimirich, which breaks down into “heim” (home) and “ric” (power, ruler). Appropriate. Mega-popular at the end of the nineteenth century, the name has been rising back up the charts since the middle of the ’90s and reentered the top 100 as of ’06. The stylish, upscale name is also a fave among celebs like Julia Roberts.
- From the Germanic name Heimirich which meant "home ruler", composed of the elements heim "home" and ric "power, ruler". It was later commonly spelled Heinrich, with the spelling altered due to the influence of other Germanic names like Haganrich, in which the first element is hagan "enclosure". Heinrich was popular among continental royalty, being the name of seven German kings, starting with the 10th-century Henry I the Fowler, and four French kings. In France it was rendered Henri from the Latin form Henricus. The Normans introduced this name to England, and it was subsequently used by eight kings, ending with the infamous Henry VIII in the 16th century. During the Middle Ages it was generally rendered as Harry or Herry in English pronunciation. Notable bearers include arctic naval explorer Henry Hudson (1570-1611), British novelist Henry James (1843-1916), and American automobile manufacturer Henry Ford (1863-1947).
Definition funny of Henry:
- OMG that boy is so HENRY You are so HENRY I wish i looked HENRY that is HENRY HENRY!
- Do you know where I can find Henry?
- Henry, I love you.
- That guy is such a henry!
- have come to get henry.
- girl 1:dude the guy i was with was a total Henry! girl 2:man i wish i had a henry! girl 1:Yeah i no he fucked me soooo good!!!! girl 2:damn i need to get me one of those!
- "i got three henrys"
Expression information Henry:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Henry:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for travel and adventure, and want to set their own pace in life without being governed by tradition.
Songs about Henry:
- A Touch Of Henry Moore - The Nits
- Dear Henry - Garland of Hours
- Henry Lee - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Henry Needs a New Pair of Shoes - The Lowest of the Low
- Henry's Down Fall - James Keelaghan
- John Henry - Harry Belafonte
- John Henry - Woody Guthrie
- Just Like Henry David - The Kennedys
- My Little John Henry - Alan Lomax
- Papa Won't Leave You, Henry - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Books about Henry:
- Henry (The Beck Brothers #1) - Jan 14, 2014 by Andria Large and Megan Hershenson
- Henry Finds His Word - Feb 24, 2015 by Lindsay Ward
- Henry the Explorer - Oct 1, 2011 by Mark Taylor and Graham Booth
- Henry Helps Clean His Room - Aug 1, 2012 by Beth Bracken and Ailie Busby
- Henry - Sep 19, 2014 by Sydney Paige McCutcheon
- Henry & the Buccaneer Bunnies - Aug 11, 2009 by Carolyn Crimi and John Manders
- The Power of Henry's Imagination (The Secret) - Oct 20, 2015 by Skye Byrne and Nic George
- The O. Henry Prize Stories 2015 - Sep 15, 2015 by Laura Furman
- Henry Helps with the Dog - Feb 1, 2012 by Beth Bracken and Ailie Busby
- Where in the World Is Henry? - Aug 30, 2005 by Lorna Balian and Lecia Balian
Movies about Henry:
- Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas2009 R CC
- Henry Hugglemonster Season 1012013 CC
- Henry Danger Volume 12014 CC
- The Trials Of Henry Kissinger NR CC
- Henry Danger2015 CC
- The Six Wives of Henry VIII Season 11970 CC
- Henry's World Season 12002
- Henry Viii & Anne Boleyn2007 NR CC
- Henry Danger2015 CC
- The Redemption of Henry Myers2014 NR CC
Famous about Henry:
- Henry James - author
- Henry David Thoreau - author
- Henry Ford - inventor
- Henry Winkler - actor
- Henry Hudson - explorer
Infamous about Henry:
- Henry VIII - King of England
- Henry Lee Lucas - serial killer
Wiki information Henry:
- Henry VIII of England
- Musical Artist, Noble person, Founding Figure, , Family member, Literature Subject, Politician, Person Or Being In Fiction, Chivalric Order Member, Organization founder
Henry VIII was King of England from 21 April 1509 until his death. He was Lord, and later assumed the Kingship, of Ireland, and continued the nominal claim by English monarchs to the Kingdom of France. Henry was the second monarch of the Tudor...
- Henry II of England
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Monarch, Family member, Military Person, Name source, Person, Deceased Person, Politician, Noble person, Identity
Henry II, also known as Henry Curtmantle, Henry FitzEmpress or Henry Plantagenet, ruled as Count of Anjou, Count of Maine, Duke of Normandy, Duke of Aquitaine, Count of Nantes, King of England and Lord of Ireland; at various times, he also controlled...
- Henry IV of France
- Deceased Person, Art Subject, Chivalric Order Member, Monarch, Person, Noble person
Henry IV, Henri-Quatre, also known by the epithet "Good King Henry", was King of Navarre from 1572 to 1610 and King of France from 1589 to 1610. He was the first French monarch of the House of Bourbon. Baptised as a Catholic but raised in the...
- Henry IV of England
- Person, Identity, Noble person, Literature Subject, Chivalric Order Member, Politician, Family member, Monarch, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person
Henry IV was King of England and Lord of Ireland from 1399 to 1413 and asserted the claim of his grandfather, Edward III, to the Kingdom of France. He was born at Bolingbroke Castle in Lincolnshire, hence his other name, Henry of Bolingbroke...
- Henry VII of England
- Organization founder, Name source, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Art Subject, Politician, Chivalric Order Officer, Employer, Noble person
Henry VII was King of England, ruled the Principality of Wales and Lord of Ireland from his seizing the crown on 22 August 1485 until his death on 21 April 1509, as the first monarch of the House of Tudor. Henry won the throne when his forces...
- Henry V of England
- Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Musical Artist, Literature Subject, Identity, Politician, Noble person, Monarch, Film subject, Family member
Henry V was King of England from 1413 until his death at the age of 35 in 1422. He was the second English monarch who came from the House of Lancaster. After military experience fighting the Welsh during the revolt of Owain Glyn Dwr, and against the...
- Henry III of England
- Person, Noble person, Monarch, Employer, Deceased Person, Fictional Character, Family member, Politician, Person Or Being In Fiction
Henry III, also known as Henry of Winchester, was King of England, Lord of Ireland and Duke of Aquitaine from 1216 until his death. The son of King John and Isabella of Angoulême, Henry assumed the throne when he was only nine in the middle of the...
- Henry VI of England
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Politician, Monarch, Name source, Deceased Person, Noble person, Organization founder, Family member, Person, Identity
Henry VI was King of England from 1422 to 1461 and again from 1470 to 1471, and disputed King of France from 1422 to 1453. Until 1437, his realm was governed by regents. Contemporaneous accounts described him as peaceful and pious, not suited for the...
- Henry Kissinger
- Statesman, TV program guest, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Award Winner, Film actor, Measured person, Literature Subject, Author, Award Nominee
Henry Alfred Kissinger is an American-German diplomat and political scientist. He served as National Security Advisor and later concurrently as Secretary of State in the administrations of Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. For his actions...
- Henry IV, Part 1
- History Play, Written Work, Adapted Work, Book, Play, Quotation Source
Henry IV, Part 1 is a history play by William Shakespeare, believed to have been written no later than 1597. It is the second play in Shakespeare's tetralogy dealing with the successive reigns of Richard II, Henry IV, and Henry V. Henry IV, Part 1...