Meaning : Honour, Dignity, Reputation, This name is taken from the words 'honorable' and 'honored'. It is the American variation of the name Honour.,
Pronunciation : Hon Or, AHN-ər , (AAN-er),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Honor:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Honor:
- his name is a unisex name and therefore can be considered both masculine and feminine, however in recent years it has become more popular as a female name and is most commonly found in English speaking countries, especially America. The name derives from the name Honoria which also means ‘honour’.
- Latin Meaning: The name Honor is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Honor is: Honour.
- Variant of HONOUR, using the American spelling.
Definition funny of Honor:
- there is no example of honor nowadays
- I hold my honor to be of more importance than myself.
- Yes, my name is Honor... At least my mom didn't choose 'Chastity'.
- "What is honor anymore? How can two mighty nations fight honorably if they both have to use dishonorable methods on occasion? Is honor something that gradually changes through time?"
- Stony Brook's Honors college is rank #1.
- Always place Personal Honor over Personal Gain
- even though Joe in accounting is a complete ass, I had to stick up for him because I know he didn't steal from Greg. It was the honorable thing to do
Expression information Honor:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Honor:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to create and express themselves, often in public speaking, acting, writing or singing. They also yearn to have beauty around them in their home and work environment.
Songs about Honor:
- Xavier and Honor - Gerry Rafferty
- Honor My Love by Arika Kane from the Album Honor My Love
- Stairway to Heaven (Live At The Kennedy Center Honors) by Heart from the Album Stairway to Heaven (Live At The Kennedy Center Honors)
- When The Stars Burn Down (Blessing And Honor) by Craig And Dean Phillips from the Album Breathe In
- Battle Without Honor Or Humanity by Tomoyasu Hotei from the Album Electric Samurai (Noble Savage)
- I'll Remember (Theme From The Motion Picture "With Honors") by Madonna from the Album Something To Remember (U.S. Version)
- Win (Men Of Honor/Soundrack Edit) by Brian McKnight from the Album "Win & Stay"
- Honor To Us All by Lea Salonga from the Album Mulan (Soundtrack)
- Medal of Honor (Main Theme) by Michael Giacchino from the Album Medal of Honor
- Honor [Main Title Theme From "The Pacific"] by Hans Zimmer, Geoff Zanelli And Blake Neely from the Album The Pacific (Music From the HBO Miniseries)
Books about Honor:
- Honor: A Novel - Feb 25, 2014 by Elif Shafak
- Honor: A History - May 22, 2007 by James Bowman
- Honor: Second Novel of Rhynan (Novels of Rhynan Book 2) - Feb 23, 2015 by Rachel Rossano
- Honor (Blind Vows 1.2) - May 20, 2015 by J.M. Witt and Sommer Stein
- Felipe's Honor (Desires of the Dark Breed Book 1) - Aug 24, 2015 by Ruby MacIntyre
- The Honor Code: How Moral Revolutions Happen - Sep 6, 2011 by Kwame Anthony Appiah
- Leading with Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton - Jan 7, 2014 by Lee Ellis
- Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment - Dec 1, 2009 by Danny Silk and Bill Johnson
- Honor - Dec 15, 1994 by Frank Henderson Stewart
- On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington) - Aug 1, 2002 by David Weber
Movies about Honor:
Wiki information Honor:
- Legion of Honour
- Award category, Order of Chivalry
The Legion of Honour, or in full the National Order of the Legion of Honour, is a French order established by Napoleon Bonaparte on 19 May 1802. The Order is the highest decoration in France and is divided into five degrees of increasing distinction:...
- Medal of Honor
- Award category
The Medal of Honor is the United States of America's highest military honor, awarded for personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty. The medal is awarded by the President of the United States in the name of the U.S. Congress to U.S....
- Honor killing
- Cause Of Death, Film subject
An honor killing is the homicide of a member of a family by other members, due to the perpetrators' belief that the victim has brought shame or dishonor upon the family, or has violated the principles of a community or a religion, usually for reasons...
- Honor society
- Employer, Organization type
In the United States, an honor society is a rank organization that recognizes excellence among peers. Numerous societies recognize various fields and circumstances. The Order of the Arrow, for example, is the national honor society of the Boy Scouts...
- Ring of Honor
- Organization, Brand, Business Operation, Employer
Ring of Honor is an American professional wrestling promotion, founded in 2002 by Rob Feinstein. From 2002 to 2011, the promotion was under the ownership of Cary Silkin before being sold to the Sinclair Broadcast Group, an American telecommunications...
- National Honor Society
- Honor society, Field of study, Organization
The National Honor Society is a nationwide organization in the United States and consists of many chapters in high schools. Selection is based on four criteria: scholarship, leadership, service, and character. The National Honor Society requires some...
- Academic honor code
An academic honor code or honor system is a set of rules or ethical principles governing an academic community based on ideals that define what constitutes honorable behaviour within that community. The use of an honour code depends on the notion...
- Honor guard
An honor guard, or ceremonial guard, is a ceremonial unit, usually military in nature and composed of volunteers who are carefully screened for their physical ability and dexterity. Only those persons who are highly motivated and maintain...
- Honors student
An honors student is a student recognized for achieving high grades or high marks in their course work.
- Title of honor
An honorary title or title of honor is a title bestowed upon individuals or organizations as an award in recognition of their merits. Sometimes the title bears the same or nearly the same name as a title of authority, but the person bestowed does not...