Meaning : God is gracious, A Scottish version of the name John meaning 'God is gracious'. Variants include: Ean, Eian, Eoin, Ian, John, God is Gracious, God Is Gracious,
Pronunciation : (I-en), EE en, EE-ən (English) ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ian:
- Name Number: 6. Meaning: Home, Family, Love, Balance, Harmony, Help, Warmth, Social justice
Additional information Ian:
- Ian is the Scottish form of John, and is very popular in it's own right.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Ian is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ian is: Gift from God.
- American Meaning: The name Ian is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ian is: Gift from God.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Ian is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Ian is: Gift from God The Gaelic form of the name John.
- Though it seems a simple, stand-alone name, Ian is actually the English version of a few Scottish names, including John, Seon and Seathan. It came to the US in the ’30s and has been rising steadily ever since, with a boost in the ’50s thanks to James Bond creator Ian Fleming. Though it’s dropped a little from its peak in’03 at 65, it remains a strong, fun name for a little guy.
- Scottish form of JOHN
Definition funny of Ian:
- oh my god emma, ian at 3 o'clock!
- I wanted to get out of her house because Ian was over there.
- Guy: Look at Ian, wanna mess with him? Guy 2: No dude, Ian is awesome!
- That guy over there must be called Ian.
- I had an ian due to all of the fabulous witty banter! The rubix cube gave me an ian.
- Dude! Did you see that guy's penis? Yea it was such an ian.
- kirby: i'm bored stiff. alex: don't worry, i'm calling an ian.
Expression information Ian:
- for harmony and balance in their lives, and respond positively to beautiful things.
Soul information Ian:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Ian:
- Burn My Shadow (Featuring Ian Astbury) by Unkle from the Album War Stories
- God of Grace (feat. Ian Hannah) by Keith Getty & Jonathan Rea from the Album Celebrating the 25th New Horizon
- You've Been On My Mind (Feat. D'Layna (Ian Pooley's Main Mix) by Soul Vision featuring D'Layna from the Album Bargrooves Disco Heat 2
- Sunshine (feat. Ian Anderson) by Unnur Birna from the Album Sunshine (feat. Ian Anderson)
- Over & Over with Ian Gillan by Ian Gillan, The Hoochie Coochie Men from the Album Danger White Man Dancing
- Left Behind (feat. Ian Copeland Green) by Dwayne Tryumf from the Album Left Behind (feat. Ian Copeland Green)
- Ardente (Ian Standerwick Radio Edit) by Vast Vision from the Album Ardente
- Moses (featuring Ian McCulloch) by 808 State from the Album Gorgeous
- I Can't Let You Go (In the Style of Ian Van Dahl) [Karaoke Version] by Karaoke All Star from the Album Karaoke Backing Track Deluxe Presents: Ian Van Dahl - EP
- Danger (feat. Sulene Fleming & Ian Dury) by Mel Croucher from the Album Deus Ex Machina 2
Books about Ian:
- Ian's New Potty - Nov 1, 2011 by Pauline Oud
- The Children Act - Apr 28, 2015 by Ian McEwan
- Ian (MadMan MacKeefe Series Book 3) - Feb 25, 2014 by Elizabeth Rose
- The Conquering Tide: War in the Pacific Islands, 1942-1944 (Pacific War Trilogy) - Sep 21, 2015 by Ian W. Toll
- Even Dogs in the Wild (Inspector Rebus) - Jan 19, 2016 by Ian Rankin
- A Prospect of War (An Age of Discord Novel Book 1) - May 18, 2015 by Ian Sales and John Jarrold
- Depravity - Sep 24, 2015 by Ian Woodhead
- Pacific Crucible: War at Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 - Nov 14, 2011 by Ian W. Toll
- Cock-a-Doodle-Doo-Bop! - Oct 13, 2015 by Michael Ian Black and Matt Myers
- The SPECTRE Trilogy: Thunderball, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, You Only Live Twice (James Bond - Extended... - Oct 6, 2015 by Ian Fleming
Movies about Ian:
- Ian Harris: Critical & Thinking2014 NR CC
- The Deaths of Ian Stone2007 R CC
- Being Ian Season 12004
- Clive & Ian's Wonderblimp of Knowledge: 6 Big Questions2012 NR
- Scott Ian: Swearing Words in Glasgow2014 NR CC
- Clive & Ian's Wonderblimp of Knowledge 2: 7 Big Questions About God2013 NR
- Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson - Thick as a Brick Live In Iceland2015 Unrated CC
- Buck Denver & Friends present Clive & Ian's Wonderblimp of Knowledge: 6 Big Questions About God2012 NR
- Spymaker: The Secret Life of Ian Fleming2013
- Hunter, Ian - Strings Attached2002 NR
Famous about Ian:
- Ian McEwan - author
- Ian McKellen - actor
- Ian Miller - character in My Big Fat Greek Wedding
- Ian Somerhalder - actor
- Ian Fleming - author
Infamous about Ian:
- Ian Hawke - character in Alvin and the Chipmunks
Wiki information Ian:
- Ian McKellen
- Actor, Film writer, Blogger, Topic, TV program guest, Person or entity appearing in film, Broadcast Artist, TV Actor, Theater Actor, Chivalric Order Member
Sir Ian Murray McKellen, CH, CBE is an English actor. He is the recipient of six Laurence Olivier Awards, a Tony Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, a BIF Award, two Saturn Awards, four Drama Desk Awards and two Critics' Choice...
- Ian Fraser Kilmister
- Hard rock Artist, Identity, Topic, Lyricist, Film actor, Video Game Actor, Film director, Composer, Person, Featured artist
Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister is an English rock musician. He is best known as the lead vocalist, bassist, principal songwriter and the founding and sole constant member of the rock and roll band Motörhead as well as a former member of Hawkwind. He is...
- Ian Fleming
- Novelist, Deceased Person, Person, Literature Subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Ranked item, Identity, Film writer, Fictional Character Creator, Name source
Ian Lancaster Fleming was an English author, journalist and naval intelligence officer, best known for his James Bond series of spy novels. Fleming came from a wealthy family connected to the merchant bank Robert Fleming & Co., and his father was the...
- Ian Paisley
- Person, Author, Politician, Organization founder, Identity, Deceased Person, Topic
Ian Richard Kyle Paisley, Baron Bannside, PC was a loyalist politician and Protestant religious leader from Northern Ireland. He became a Protestant evangelical minister in 1946 and would remain one for the rest of his life. In 1951 he co-founded the...
- Ian Dury
- Protopunk Artist, Film actor, Person, Musical Artist, Topic, Musician, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source
Ian Robins Dury was an English rock and roll singer-songwriter, bandleader, artist, and actor who first rose to fame during the late 1970s, during the punk and new wave era of rock music. He was the lead singer of Ian Dury and the Blockheads and...
- Ian Somerhalder
- Actor, Influence Node, Award Nominee, Long-list nominee, TV program guest, TV Personality, Organization founder, Person, Award Winner, Blogger
Ian Joseph Somerhalder is an American actor, model and director. He is known for playing Boone Carlyle in the TV drama Lost and Damon Salvatore in The CW's supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries.
- Award Nominee, Person, Social network user, Musician, Influence Node, Musical Artist, Group
Smosh is a web-based comedy duo consisting of Ian Andrew Hecox and Anthony Padilla. Padilla first began posting flash animations on Newgrounds in early 2003, under the name Smosh. He was later joined by his friend Ian Hecox. Soon afterward, they...
- Administrative Division, Cyclone-affected area, Newspaper circulation area, Fictional Setting, Travel destination, Netflix Genre, Breed origin, Coat of Arms Bearer, Dated location, Olympic athlete affiliation
Russia, also officially known as the Russian Federation, is a country in northern Eurasia. It is a federal semi-presidential republic. At 17,075,400 square kilometres, Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than one-eighth of the...
- Ian McEwan
- Novelist, Author, Award Nominee, Topic, Film writer, Award Winner, Person or entity appearing in film, Influence Node, Person, Topic
Ian Russell McEwan, CBE, FRSA, FRSL is an English novelist and screenwriter. In 2008, The Times featured him on their list of "The 50 greatest British writers since 1945". McEwan began his career writing sparse, Gothic short stories. The Cement...
- Ian Anderson
- Progressive rock Artist, Chivalric Order Member, Broadcast Artist, Identity, Musical Artist, Film actor, Film producer, Songwriter, Lyricist, Person
Ian Scott Anderson, MBE is a British musician, singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist best known for his work as the lead vocalist, flautist and acoustic guitarist of British rock band Jethro Tull. Anderson plays several other musical...