Meaning : Warrior, From the Greek georgos meaning 'farm labourer'. The name Igor can also be spelled Egor, is derived from the English name George and it is very common in Polish, German and Russian speaking countries.,
Pronunciation : Ee gore, EE-gahr (Russian), EE-gawr (Polish) , (IG-or),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Igor:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Igor:
- The name Igor, which can also be spelt Egor, is derived from the English name George and it is very common in Polish, German and Russian speaking countries. It is also a variation of the Irish, Welsh and Scottish name Ivor. However, due to the influence of Hollywood, this name is often associated with a hunchback sidekick.
- Scandinavian Meaning: The name Igor is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Igor is: Hero.
- Russian Meaning: The name Igor is a Russian baby name. In Russian the meaning of the name Igor is: Warrior of peace. Ing's warrior (Ing was the Norse god of peace and fertility). From the Scandinavian name Ingyar. Famous Bearer: Russian composer Igor Stravinsky.
- Russian form of Yngvarr (see INGVAR). The Varangians brought it to Russia in the 10th century. It was borne by two Grand Princes of Kiev. Famous bearers include Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971), a Russian composer whose most famous work is 'The Rite of Spring', and Igor Sikorsky (1889-1972), the Russian-American designer of the first successful helicopter.
Definition funny of Igor:
- Mary: Thank you Igor, I will build you a monument.
- dude i am so igor at video games!!!!
- "Did you know that one of Igor Sikorsky's helicopters helped build the CN tower in Toronto, Canada?"
- Igor is rockin!
- I'm sorry to inform you, but you have a severe case of igor.
- Woman: Where is that donkey ? Woman: Igor, Igoooooooooorrrrrrr Iggooorrr
- Wow, that was an igor, he let the ball slip right through his legs.
Expression information Igor:
- People with this name tend to be orderly and dedicated to building their lives on a solid foundation of order and service. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. Their practical nature makes them good at managing and saving money, and at building things in the material world. Because of their focus on order and practicality, they may seem overly cautious and conservative at times.
Soul information Igor:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Igor:
- Igor's Boogie, Phase One - The Mothers of Invention
- Igor's Boogie, Phase Two - The Mothers of Invention
- Prince Igor (1998 Remastered Version): Overture (Orchestra) by Constantin Chekerliski/Boris Christoff/Todor Todorov/Julia Wiener/Reni Penkova/Sofia National Opera Chorus/Sofia National Opera Orchestra/Jerzy Semkow from the Album Borodin: Prince Igor
- Keep It Going (Igor S Mix) by Lady Brian, Igor S from the Album Kontrokorrente Compilation
- Prince Igor: Polovtsian March by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra & Ole Schmidt from the Album Borodin: Symphony No. 2; Polovtsian Dances; In the Steppes of Central Asia
- Polovetsian Dances (from "Prince Igor") (Borodin) by London Symphony Orchestra from the Album London Symphony Orchestra Plays Great Classics
- Prince Igor, Act II: "Polovetsian dance" by Radio Symphony Orchestra Ljubljana from the Album Sheherezade Op. 35
- Borodin Polovetsian Dances From Prince Igor by London Philharmonic Orchestra from the Album The Greatest Classical Masterpieces! (Digitally Remastered)
- Borodin: Prince Igor - Mariinsky Theatre Edition - Act 1 - No.12 Polovtsian Dances and Chorus: "Uletaj na kryl'jach... by Bulat Minjelkiev and Kirov Chorus, St Petersburg and Kirov Orchestra, St Petersburg and Valery Gergiev from the Album Borodin: Prince Igor (3 CDs)
- Borodin: Polovtsian Dances From Prince Igor by Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra from the Album Russian Nights
Books about Igor:
- Igor I. Sikorsky: Big Dreams, Big Planes, and the Rise of Helicopters (Titans of Fortune) - Dec 12, 2011 by Daniel Alef
- Werewolf Skin (Igor's Lab of Fear) - Aug 1, 2015 by Michael Dahl and Igor Sinkovec
- Igor, the Bird Who Couldn't Sing - Aug 11, 2005 by Satoshi Kitamura
- Igor Stravinsky (Getting to Know the World's Greatest Composers) - Mar 1, 1997 by Mike Venezia
- Lecture Workbook for Interactive Learning in a General Biology Class - Jul 27, 2015 by Igor V. Zaitsev
- The Truth About The Wunderwaffe - Jan 15, 2013 by Igor Witkowski
- An Autobiography - May 24, 2011 by Igor Stravinsky
- The Rite of Spring in Full Score (Dover Music Scores) - Jan 1, 1989 by Igor Stravinsky and Music Scores
- The Portfolio (Architectural Students Handbooks) - May 9, 2003 by Lesley Lokko and Katerina Ruedi Ray
- Pump Handbook - Dec 18, 2007 by Igor Karassik and Joseph Messina
Movies about Igor:
- Igor2015 PG CC
- Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky2010 R CC
- Stravinsky Igor Stravinsky and the Ballets Russes2013 Unrated
- Igor2008 PG
- Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky2010 R
- Tchaikovsky, Petipa - Swan Lake / Kirov Ballet, Yulia Makhalina, Igor Zelensky2006 NR
- Borodin: Prince Igor2014 NR
- Borodin - Prince Igor1993 NR
- Igor and the Lunatics2009
- Igor Yakimov - Ultimate Arm Bars Of Russian Sambo, Sambo Armbar Submission Techniques For Mixed Martial Arts2007
Wiki information Igor:
- Igor Stravinsky
- Composer, Musician, Musical Artist, Radio subject, Topic, Topic, Film music contributor, Lyricist, Social network user, Deceased Person
Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky was a Russian composer, pianist and conductor. He is widely considered one of the most important and influential composers of the 20th century. Stravinsky's compositional career was notable for its stylistic diversity. He...
- Animation Film, Film, Netflix Title, Topic
Igor is a 2008 American computer animated fantasy comedy film about the stock character Igor who dreams of winning first place at the Evil Science Fair. Produced by Exodus Film Group and animated by Sparx Animation Studios, the film was released on...
- Igor of Kiev
- Monarch, Noble person, Person, Deceased Person
Igor I was a Varangian ruler of Kievan Rus' from 912 to 945.
- Igor Sikorsky
- Inventor, Influence Node, Person, Name source, Deceased Person, Organization founder, Author, Aircraft designer, Namesake, Award Winner
Igor Ivanovich Sikorsky, was a Russian American aviation pioneer in both helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. He designed and flew the world's first multi-engine fixed-wing aircraft, the Russky Vityaz in 1913, and the first airliner, Ilya Muromets,...
- Prince Igor
- Opera, Unfinished work, Composition, Adaptation
Prince Igor is an opera in four acts with a prologue, written and composed by Alexander Borodin. The composer adapted the libretto from the Ancient Russian epic The Lay of Igor's Host, which recounts the campaign of Rus prince Igor Svyatoslavich...
- Film character, Theater Character, TV Character, Fictional Character
Famous Assistant to Dr. Frankensomething is a fictional character from the 1999 film Inspector Gadget.
- Igor Akinfeev
- Soccer, Football player, Person, Athlete, Measured person, Identity
Igor Vladimirovich Akinfeev is a Russian international football goalkeeper who is the captain of CSKA Moscow in the Russian Premier League. He has spent his entire career at CSKA, winning five Russian Premier League titles, and five Russian Cups, as...
- Igor Nikolayev
- Singer, Musical Artist, Person, Composer, Lyricist, Musician, , Topic
Igor Yuryevich Nikolayev is a Russian composer, singer and song-writer.
- Igor Svyatoslavich
- Noble person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person
Prince Igor Svyatoslavich the Brave was a Rus’ prince. His baptismal name was Yury. Igor was prince of Putivl, of Novgorod-Seversk, and of Chernigov. Chronicle evidence reveals that he had an enviably successful military career; he led many campaigns...
- Igor Tamm
- Physicist, Academic, Deceased Person, Inventor, Award Winner, Influence Node, Name source, Person, Author
Igor Yevgenyevich Tamm was a Soviet physicist who received the 1958 Nobel Prize in Physics, jointly with Pavel Alekseyevich Cherenkov and Ilya Frank, for their 1934 discovery of Cherenkov radiation.