Meaning : From the English name for the country, derived from the name of the river Indus., Person from India, Person From India, India,
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : (IHNDiyah), IN-dee-ə , IN dee uh,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information India:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information India:
- India is a relatively recent coinage as a given name, taken from the name of the Asian country.
- Biblical Meaning: The name India is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name India is: Praise, law.
- From the name of the country, which is itself derived from the name of the Indus River. The river's name is ultimately from Sanskrit सिन्धु (Sindhu) meaning "body of trembling water, river".
Definition funny of India:
- "Thank you for calling HP, please hold while we transfer you to a customer service representative."
- Here are a few facts about this great country: -India is the world's largest democracy. -India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta. -Grammar constitutes one of India's greatest contributions to Western philology.Panini, the Sanskrit grammarian, who lived between 750 and 500 BC, was the first to compose formal grammar through his Astadhyai. -The World's first university was established in Takshashila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education. -Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software (Report in the Forbes magazine,July 1987) -Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Today Ayurveda is fast regaining its rightful place in our civilization -The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindh 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The word navy is also derived from Sanskrit 'Nou' -Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. Time taken by earth to orbit the sun: (5th century) 365.258756484 days. -Varanasi, also known as Benares, was called "the ancient city" when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C.E, and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today. -India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history. - The game of Chess,BeejGanit(known better by its Arabic name 'Algebra') are another contributions of India to the world.
- India is my country, and i love it.
- Women: What is India? Man: Bitch, it's a country.
- people need to get a life and stop dissing other countries, such as india
- Hey I got arrested for kissing in India. Hey I need to shit. Go do it on the streets.
- Person 1: I just got a call from some guy selling text messages! Person 2: Where was he from? Person 1: Sounded Indian to me...
Expression information India:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information India:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about India:
- Mary's in India - Dido
- Whole (feat. India.Arie) by Jonathan McReynolds from the Album Life Music: Stage Two
- Dhol Drums (Drumming Drum Play Player Playing Indian India Punjabi Party Noise Sfx Sound Effect Bite Clip Fx) by DV Sound Effects from the Album Sound Effects, Vol. 1
- Peaceful World [feat. India.Arie] by John Mellencamp from the Album Words & Music: John Mellencamp's Greatest Hits
- Song Of India by The Mantovani Orchestra from the Album All Time Favourites
- Words (feat. India.Arie) by Anthony David from the Album The Red Clay Chronicles
- Song of India (1991 Remastered) by Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra from the Album Greatest Hits
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Sadko - Arr. by Fritz Kreisler - Hindoo Song (Song of India) by Christian Ferras and Jean-Claude Ambrosini from the Album A Tribute to Fritz Kreisler
- Loco [feat. India Martinez] by Enrique Iglesias from the Album Sex And Love (Deluxe Edition)
- For What It's Worth (India Dub) by DJ Drez from the Album Jahta Beat: The Lotus Memoirs
Books about India:
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity - Apr 8, 2014 by Katherine Boo
- DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: India - Sep 29, 2014 by DK Publishing
- Lonely Planet India (Travel Guide) - Oct 1, 2013 by Lonely Planet and Sarina Singh
- India: In Word and Image, Revised, Expanded and Updated - Sep 24, 2013 by Eric Meola and Bharati Mukherjee
- India: A Sacred Geography - Mar 26, 2013 by Diana L Eck
- Enjoying India: The Essential Handbook - May 31, 2010 by J D Viharini
- India After Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy - Aug 12, 2008 by Ramachandra Guha
- India Through the Ages A Popular and Picturesque History of Hindustan - Dec 18, 2012 by Flora Annie Webster Steel
- India (True Books) - Sep 2009 by Sunita Apte
- India: A History. Revised and Updated - Apr 12, 2011 by John Keay
Movies about India:
- The Story of India2009 CC
- Mystic India2005 NR CC
- India One Country A Million Worlds2006 NR CC
- India: Kingdom of the Tiger2002 NR CC
- King Of India2009 NR
- Secret World of Wellness Ancient India2009 NR CC
- Love in India2009 NR CC
- Dharma The Tiger From India2006 G CC
- Wisdom From India - Lecture 1: Karma2012 NR CC
- Touring the World's Capital Cities New Delhi: The Capital of India2014 NR CC
Wiki information India:
- Cyclone-affected area, Identity, Filming location, Organization member, Olympic athlete affiliation, Breed origin, Sport Country, Sports Team Location, Dated location, Quotation
India, officially the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-largest country by area, the second-most populous country with over 1.2 billion people, and the most populous democracy in the world. Bounded by the Indian Ocean...
- British Raj
- Literature Subject, Military Combatant, Statistical region, Organization member, Location, Film subject, Dated location, Governmental Jurisdiction, Country, Kingdom
The British Raj was the rule of Great Britain in the Indian subcontinent between 1858 and 1947. The term can also refer to the period of dominion. The region under British control—commonly called India—included areas directly administered by Britain...
- States of India
- Dated location, Domain Category, Statistical region, Type/domain equivalent topic, Organization scope, Location
India is a federal union of states comprising twenty-nine states and seven union territories. The states and union territories are further subdivided into districts and further into smaller administrative divisions.
- Femina Miss India
- Recurring event, Person, Recurring competition, Identity
Miss India or Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant in India that annually selects representatives to compete in Miss World and other international pageants. It is organised by Femina, a women's magazine published by Bennett, Coleman & Co....
- Partition of India
- Literature Subject, Event
The Partition of India was the partition of the British Indian Empire that led to the creation of the sovereign states of the Dominion of Pakistan and the Union of India on 15 August 1947. "Partition" here refers not only to the division of the...
- The Times of India
- Newspaper, Ranked list compiler, Periodical
The Times of India is an Indian English-language daily newspaper. It is the third-largest newspaper in India by circulation and largest selling English-language daily in the world according to Audit Bureau of Circulations. According to the Indian...
- East India Company
- Ship owner, Architectural structure owner, Employer, Business Operation, Organization founder, Military Combatant, Organization, Ship class, Defunct Organization, Political Appointer
The East India Company, also known as the Honourable East India Company and informally as John Company was an English and later British joint-stock company, formed to pursue trade with the East Indies, but which ended up trading mainly with the...
- India national cricket team
- Sports Team, Cricket Team
The Indian cricket team, also known as Team India and Men in Blue, is the national cricket team of India. Governed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India, it is a full member of the International Cricket Council with Test and One Day...
- Government of India
- Government, Governmental Jurisdiction, Project participant, Award Presenting Organization, Organization, Ranked list compiler, Organization founder, Governmental Body, Employer, Location
The Government of India, officially known as the Union Government and also known as the Central Government, was established by the Constitution of India, and is the governing authority of the union of 29 states and seven union territories,...
- Indian city, Filming location, Newspaper circulation area, Travel destination, Location, Place with neighborhoods, Employer, Statistical region, Dated location, City/Town/Village
Chennai /ˈtʃɛnaɪ/ is the capital city of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Located on the Coromandel Coast off the Bay of Bengal, it is the biggest industrial and commercial centre in South India, and a major cultural, economic and educational centre....