Meaning : Although an originally Hebrew name, Ivan has more recent history in Russia and Slavic countries. The name means 'gracious' and 'merciful' and 'gift from god'., God is gracious, God Is Gracious,
Pronunciation : ee-VAHN (Russian, Ukrainian), IE-vən (English) , (ee-VAHN), Aye-van,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Ivan:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Ivan:
- Ivan is the Slavic version of the English name, John. Widely used in Russia, it was the name of many of its rulers, including the infamous ‘Ivan the Terrible’ who was the first leader to be called ‘Czar’ The female version; Ivana, is also widely used in Russia.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Ivan is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ivan is: Gift from God.
- American Meaning: The name Ivan is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Ivan is: Gift from God.
- Spanish Meaning: The name Ivan is a Spanish baby name. In Spanish the meaning of the name Ivan is: Archer.
- Ukrainian Meaning: The name Ivan is an Ukrainian baby name. In Ukrainian the meaning of the name Ivan is: God's gift.
- Greek Meaning: The name Ivan is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Ivan is: Glorious gift.
- Russian Meaning: The name Ivan is a Russian baby name. In Russian the meaning of the name Ivan is: The Russian form of John: Gracious gift from God. Ivanhoe is the medieval variant Sir Walter Scott used for the Saxon hero of 'Ivanhoe.
- Slavic Meaning: The name Ivan is a Slavic baby name. In Slavic the meaning of the name Ivan is: Ivanhoe is the medieval variant Sir Walter Scott used for the Saxon hero of 'Ivanhoe.
- Newer form of the old Slavic name Іѡаннъ (Ioannu), which was derived from Greek Ioannes (see JOHN). This was the name of six Russian rulers, including the 15th-century Ivan III the Great and 16th-century Ivan IV the Terrible, the first tsar of Russia. It was also borne by nine emperors of Bulgaria. Other notable bearers include the Russian author Ivan Turgenev (1818-1883), who wrote 'Fathers and Sons', and the Russian physiologist Ivan Pavlov (1849-1936), who is best known for his discovery of the conditioned reflex.
Definition funny of Ivan:
- totally fukable
- "Ooh, girl! There's some Ivan's up in this ethnic party tonight, they all look so good."
- What is love? -Love is Ivan.
- Ivan: "I can't wait till you graduate so i never see you again and this will all be over." the Girlfriend: (Begins to cry at his hateful words) Ivan: "Nah, i'm really going to miss you, seriously."
- "Are you the Ivan?"
- ivan doesnt even know that i exist
- Ivan is AWESOME!!!
Expression information Ivan:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Ivan:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Ivan:
- Ivan Meets G.I. Joe - The Clash
- Blood and Stone (Ivan Torrent Remix) by Audiomachine from the Album Remixed
- Yo Soy Ivan by Grupo Maximo Grado from the Album Yo Soy Ivan
- One Day At A Time (Feat. Ivan Parker) by Joy Gardner Featuring Ivan Parker from the Album Ultimate Gaither Collection
- When The Saints Go Marching In (Feat. Ivan Parker) by Woody Wright Featuring Ivan Parker from the Album Tent Revival Homecoming
- Bad By Myself (feat. Ivan Neville & Jamison Ross) by Glen David Andrews from the Album Redemption
- Too Much ft Nigel Hall, Ivan Neville & The Shady Horns by Soulive from the Album Bowlive - Live at the Brooklyn Bowl
- Wonderful Tonight (Duet With Ivan Lins) by Michael Bublé from the Album Call Me Irresponsible (Standard Edition)
- Sleazy Madrid (Ivan Gomez Remix) by Manuel Carranco from the Album Sleazy Madrid
- Wonderful Tonight (Duet With Ivan Lins) by Michael Bublé from the Album The Michael Bublé Collection
Books about Ivan:
- The One and Only Ivan - Jan 6, 2015 by Katherine Applegate and Patricia Castelao
- Ivan: The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla - Oct 7, 2014 by Katherine Applegate and Mr. G. Brian Karas
- Ivan: Her Russian Protector #1 (Volume 1) - Dec 18, 2013 by Roxie Rivera
- Her Russian Protector Boxed Set (Books 1-3) - Aug 1, 2013 by Roxie Rivera
- Last Bus to Wisdom: A Novel - Aug 18, 2015 by Ivan Doig
- Ivan's Captive Submissive - Nov 17, 2013 by Ann Mayburn
- The One and Only Ivan: An Instructional Guide for Literature (Great Works: Instructional Guides for Literature) - Jul 1, 2014 by Jennifer Prior
- A Hat for Ivan - Apr 14, 2004 by Max Lucado and David Wenzel
- One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich - Aug 4, 2009 by Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- A Very Russian Christmas (Her Russian Protector 3.5) - Dec 14, 2013 by Roxie Rivera
Movies about Ivan:
- Ivan the Incredible2013 NR CC
- Ivan the Terrible2007 G CC
- Atomic Ivan2001 NR
- All Pro Sports Driving: Ivan Stewart - Off Road Driving1997 NR CC
- Ivan's Childhood1962 NR
- Ivan And Alyosha2013 Unrated CC
- Ivan The Terrible Part 11998
- Ivan's Childhood1962 Unrated
- Ivan The Terrible Part 21998
- Eisenstein: The Sound Years1947 Unrated
Wiki information Ivan:
- Ivan the Terrible
- Name source, Deceased Person, Noble person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Author, Person, Monarch, Musical Artist
Ivan IV Vasilyevich, commonly known as Ivan the Terrible, was the Grand Prince of Moscow from 1533 to 1547 and Tsar of All the Russias from 1547 until his death. His long reign saw the conquest of the Khanates of Kazan, Astrakhan and Siberia,...
- Ivan III of Russia
- Noble person, Monarch, Name source, Deceased Person, Person
Ivan III Vasilyevich, also known as Ivan the Great, was a Grand Prince of Moscow and Grand Prince of all Rus. Sometimes referred to as the "gatherer of the Russian lands", he tripled the territory of his state, ended the dominance of the Golden Horde...
- Ivan Turgenev
- Novelist, Topic, Film story contributor, Deceased Person, Film writer, Person, Influence Node, Author, Name source, TV Writer
Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev was a Russian novelist, short story writer, and playwright. His first major publication, a short story collection entitled A Sportsman's Sketches, was a milestone of Russian Realism, and his novel Fathers and Sons is...
- Lviv University
- Location, Employer, College/University, Educational Institution Campus, Organization, Educational Institution, Namesake
Lviv University or officially the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv is the oldest continuously operating university in Ukraine and one of the oldest in Europe. It is located in the historic city of Lviv in Lviv Oblast of Western Ukraine.
- Ivan Pavlov
- Psychologist, Identity, Name source, Person, Deceased Person, Organization member, Author, Academic, Inventor, Influence Node
Ivan Petrovich Pavlov was a Russian physiologist known primarily for his work in classical conditioning. From his childhood days Pavlov demonstrated intellectual brilliance along with an unusual energy which he named "the instinct for research"....
- Ivan Konev
- Politician, Person, Deceased Person, Military Commander, Military Person
Ivan Stepanovich Konev, was a Soviet military commander, who led Red Army forces on the Eastern Front during World War II, retook much of Eastern Europe from occupation by the Axis Powers, and helped in the capture of Germany's capital, Berlin. In...
- Ivan Lendl
- Identity, Tennis Player, TV Actor, Measured person, Author, Tennis Tournament Champion, Athlete, Person, Hall of fame inductee
Ivan Lendl is a former world no.1 professional tennis player. Originally from Czechoslovakia, he became a United States citizen in 1992. He was one of the game's most dominant players in the 1980s and remained a top competitor into the early 1990s....
- Ivan Mazepa
- Statesman, Author, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Military Person, Architectural structure owner, Deceased Person
Ivan Stepanovych Mazepa, was the Cossack Hetman of the Hetmanate in Left-bank Ukraine, from 1687–1708, and Prince of the Holy Roman Empire ad personam 1707-1709. He was famous as a patron of the arts, and also played an important role in the Battle...
- Ivan Rakitić
- Soccer Midfielder, Measured person, Person, Athlete, Football player
Ivan Rakitić is a Croatian professional footballer who plays as a central or attacking midfielder for Spanish club FC Barcelona and the Croatia national team. Rakitić started his professional career at Basel and spent two seasons with them before he...
- Ivan I of Moscow
- Person, Deceased Person, Monarch, Noble person
Ivan I Daniilovich Kalita was Prince of Moscow from 1325 and Grand Prince of Vladimir from 1328.