Meaning : Diminutive form of John or Jackson, Diminutive Form Of John Or Jackson, A variant of the name 'Jackson' and a pet name for the name 'John'. In the middle ages it was so common it became a term to mean 'man' or 'boy'., God is gracious,
Pronunciation : JAK, (JHAEK), JAK ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Jack:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Jack:
- Jack is a name with English origins. When derived from the name John, the meaning of the name Jack is God is Gracious. When short for Jackson, it means Son of Jack. Nicknames of the name Jack include Jay and J.J., but it is mostly considered a nickname in itself. Jac and Jak are alternate spellings of the name Jack. Famous Jacks tend to actually have the first name John, such as President Jack (John Fitzgerald) Kennedy. Jack Nicholson is a famous actor, not to be confused with Jack Niklaus, the golfer. Jack Benny was a famous comedian and Jack Black is both a comedian and actor. Jack Dempsey was a famous boxer. Jack Kevorkian was a famous doctor who fought for the right to commit suicide. Jack Ruby killed Lee Harvey Oswald, after the latter assassinated Jack Kennedy. The most infamous Jack is likely Jack the Ripper, who murdered several women in the year 1888. Fictional Jacks include Jack Bauer from 24, Jack Harkness from Torchwood and Doctor Who, and Jack Hodgins, also known as Bones by the television show of the same name. We cannot forget Jack Tripper, who was played by John Ritter on one of the most famous seventies t.v. show, Three’s Company. People who like the name Jack tend to like names that are traditional and of British origins.
- Originally a pet form of John, but now a well-established given name in its own right. It is derived from Middle English Jankin, later altered to Jackin. It is sometimes also used as an informal pet form of James, perhaps influenced by the French form Jacques. It has been the most popular boys' name in England and Wales since 1995. Well-known bearers include the actor Jack Nicholson and the golfer Jack Nicklaus, as well as fictional characters Jack Bauer of TV series 24 and Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Jack is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Jack is: Henry VI, Part 2' Jack Cade, a rebel.
- American Meaning: The name Jack is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Jack is: Henry VI, Part 2' Jack Cade, a rebel.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Jack is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jack is: Supplanter.
- Polish Meaning: The name Jack is a Polish baby name. In Polish the meaning of the name Jack is: God is gracious.
- English Meaning: The name Jack is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Jack is: God is gracious. During the Middle Ages, Jack was so common that it was used as a general term for 'man' or 'boy'. Famous Bearer: American actor Jack Lemmon.
- A nickname for the more popular John (well, actually, it’s a shortened version of the medieval Jackin or Jankin, which were diminutives for John), Jack is climbing in popularity, mirroring its rise at the beginning of the last century. It first peaked at number 14 in ’29 and ’30, then dipped to a low of 179 in ’89. It’s now back in the top 40, and should stick around for a while -- parents like the comfortable, classic, happy, and fresh sound of the name. Despite its frequent appearance in fairy tales and nursery rhymes (Jack Sprat…Little Jack Horner…Jack and the Beanstalk…etc.), Jack also has managed to retain a slightly edgy feel.
- Derived from Jackin (earlier Jankin), a medieval diminutive of JOHN. It is often regarded as an independent name. During the Middle Ages it was very common, and it became a slang word meaning "man". It was frequently used in fairy tales and nursery rhymes, such as 'Jack and the Beanstalk', 'Little Jack Horner', and 'Jack Sprat'. American writers Jack London (1876-1916) and Jack Kerouac (1922-1969) were two famous bearers of this name. It is also borne by American actor Jack Nicholson (1937-).
Definition funny of Jack:
- Jack is the sexiest guy ever
- That boy, Jack, is so amazing.
- Yo nigga! Yo shit got jacked!
- Oh my Fucking God. I would tap a Jack.
- Jack is the shit!!!
- I love jack! <3
- Rick is a Shane, but Paul is a Jack
Expression information Jack:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Jack:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Jack:
Books about Jack:
- Jack - Sep 16, 2014 by Tomie dePaola
- Jack: The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk - Apr 14, 2015 by Liesl Shurtliff
- Tripwire: A Jack Reacher Novel - May 29, 2007 by Lee Child
- Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel - Sep 8, 2015 by Lee Child
- The House That Jack Built - Feb 26, 2008 by J.P. Miller
- Jack (The Family Simon) (Volume 2) - Aug 22, 2014 by Juliana Stone
- King Jack and the Dragon Board Book - May 16, 2013 by Peter Bently and Helen Oxenbury
- Jack - Sep 5, 1990 by A.M. Homes
- Jack's Garden - Mar 28, 1997 by Henry Cole
- King Jack and the Dragon - Aug 18, 2011 by Peter Bently and Helen Oxenbury
Movies about Jack:
- Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit2014 PG-13 CC
- Jack-Jack Attack - Pixar Short2011 G CC
- Jack Frost2009 NR CC
- You Don't Know Jack2010 NR CC
- Jack and Diane2012 R CC
- Jack's Big Music Show Season 12005 CC
- Jack And The Beanstalk1952 G CC
- Jack Reacher2012 PG-13 CC
- Jack Benny TV Show2007 NR CC
- Jack Frost 22000 R CC
Famous about Jack:
- Jack Kerouac - novelist and poet
- Jack Nicholson - actor
- Jack Bauer - character in 24
- Jack McFarland - character in Will & Grace
- Jack Johnson - musician
Infamous about Jack:
- Jack the Ripper - serial killer
- Jack Sparrow - character in Pirates of the Caribbean
Wiki information Jack:
- Phone connector
In electronics, a phone connector, also known as phone jack, audio jack or jack plug, is a common family of connector typically used for analog signals, primarily audio. It is cylindrical in shape, typically with two, three or four contacts....
- Jack Daniel's
- Brand, Organization, Spirit bottler, Business Operation, Employer, Distillery, Identity, Listed Site
Jack Daniel's is a brand of Tennessee whiskey and the highest selling American whiskey in the world. It is produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee, by the Jack Daniel Distillery, which has been owned by the Brown-Forman Corporation since 1956. Despite being...
- Black Jack
- Award-Winning Work, Adapted Work, Comic Book Series
Black Jack is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Osamu Tezuka in the 1970s, dealing with the medical adventures of the title character, doctor Black Jack. Black Jack consists of hundreds of short, self-contained stories that are typically...
A jack is a mechanical device used as a lifting device to lift heavy loads or apply great forces. A mechanical jack employs a screw thread for lifting heavy equipment. A hydraulic jack uses hydraulic power. The most common form is a car jack, floor...
- Jack White
- Alternative Artist, Film music contributor, Identity, Topic, Celebrity, Recording Engineer, Film editor, TV Actor, Film actor, Award Winner
Jack White is an American musician, record producer, and occasional actor. He is best known as the lead singer and guitarist of The White Stripes, although he has had success in other bands and as a solo artist. On April 24, 2012, White released his...
A Jack, also Knave /ˈneɪv/, is a playing card which, in traditional American and English decks, pictures a man in the traditional or historic aristocratic dress generally associated with Europe of the 16th or 17th century. The usual rank of a Jack,...
- Union Jack
The Union Jack, or Union Flag, is the national flag of the United Kingdom. The flag also has an official or semi-official status in some other Commonwealth realms; for example, it is, by law, an official flag in Canada and known there as the Royal...
- Jack the Ripper
- Film subject, Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Exhibition subject, Literature Subject
Jack the Ripper is the best known name given to an unidentified serial killer or killers generally believed to have been active in the largely impoverished areas in and around the Whitechapel district of London in 1888. The name "Jack the Ripper"...
- Jack London
- Novelist, Film story contributor, Person or entity appearing in film, Author, TV Writer, Musical Artist, Organization founder, Disaster survivor, Musician, Film actor
John Griffith "Jack" London was an American author, journalist, and social activist. A pioneer in the then-burgeoning world of commercial magazine fiction, he was one of the first fiction writers to obtain worldwide celebrity and a large fortune from...
- Electrical connector
An electrical connector is an electro-mechanical device for joining electrical circuits as an interface using a mechanical assembly. Connectors consist of plugs and jacks. The connection may be temporary, as for portable equipment, require a tool for...