Meaning : From the surname meaning 'son of Jack', or from Scottish origin meaning "God has been gracious". Most famously associated with Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5., Son of Jack/John, Son Of Jack/John, Son of Jack,
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : JAK sun, (JHAEK-SahN), JAK-sən ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Jackson:
- Name Number: 1. Meaning: Individual, Masculine, Logic, Self, Active, Leadership, Initiative, Assertive
Additional information Jackson:
- Jackson is a name with English origins. The name of Jackson is Son of Jack. The most common variation of the name Jackson is Jaxson. Nicknames include Jack, Jax, and Jay. The use of surnames as given names is more common in the southern region of the United States. Many babies were named after Andrew Jackson, an American general and president. Lately, it may be having more popularity given Jackson Duggar (19 Kids and Counting). Jackson Browne is a singer whose first name is actually Clyde. Jackson Pollock is an American artist known for his abstract artwork. Jackson Rathbone is a feature actor in the Twilight Series. There is a writer known as Jaxon, whose birth name was Jack Edward Jackson. Fictional characters named Jackson include Jackson Teller (Sons of Anarchy), Jackson Avery (Grey’s Anatomy) and Jackson Kenner (The Originals). People who like the name Jackson also like names that are two syllables and from English origins.
- Jackson is a surname meaning ‘Son of Jack’ but has been elevated to a first name. It could be said to owe its popularity to the fame of the late superstar Michael Jackson. Around the time of Michael Jacksons death this name increased rapidly in popularity due to fans paying tribute.
- Scottish Meaning: The name Jackson is a Scottish baby name. In Scottish the meaning of the name Jackson is: God has been gracious; has shown favor. Based on John or Jacques.
- American Meaning: The name Jackson is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Jackson is: God has been gracious; has shown favor. Based on John or Jacques.
- English Meaning: The name Jackson is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Jackson is: Son of Jack.
- This one’s not too complicated: It breaks down into “jack” (jack) and “son” (son)…meaning, “son of Jack.” It’s cool though -- you’re still allowed to consider the name even if neither you nor your partner are named Jack. With Jack climbing back into popularity, it’s only natural that the last-name version would come along for the ride. Jackson has been used sparingly for over a century, but really started to spike in the ’90s, rising to an average ranking of 152 from an average of 497 in the ’80s. It continues to rocket up, and in 2006 officially passed Jack in popularity: Jack was number 36, while Jackson was…number 35! It’s also a popular name for starbabies, with mini Bill Murrays, Spike Lees and Maria Bellos bearing the name.
- From an English surname meaning "son of JACK". A famous bearer of the surname was American president Andrew Jackson (1767-1845).
Definition funny of Jackson:
- Everyone needs a Jackson to make life interesting.
- "Woah that guy was absolutly perfect!" "oh he must be a jackson"
- Person 1: Dude I heard that kid talking the other day and he is funny as hell Person 2: Yeah thats jackson :)
- Me:"A jackson is a twenty dollar bill, not a cock. That's a Johnson you dumb shit."
- Wow! Look at that handsome man over there! Oh yeah, that's Jackson.
- Jane: Hey girl, look at that hot guy! Susan: Oh, that's Jackson. Jane: Do you know him? I'd totally tap that! Susan: Oh yeah, he's my boyfriend.
- Girl1: Ohmahgawd! That guy is so lovable and good looking! Girl2: oh, he's probably a Jackson.
Expression information Jackson:
- People with this name tend to initiate events, to be leaders rather than followers, with powerful personalities. They tend to be focused on specific goals, experience a wealth of creative new ideas, and have the ability to implement these ideas with efficiency and determination. They tend to be courageous and sometimes aggressive. As unique, creative individuals, they tend to resent authority, and are sometimes stubborn, proud, and impatient.
Soul information Jackson:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Jackson:
- Jackson - Joaquin Phoenix (Walk the Line Soundtrack)
- Jackson - Johnny Cash
- Jackson - Nancy Sinatra
- It's Five O' Clock Somewhere (Alan Jackson And Jimmy Buffett) by Alan Jackson Duet with Jimmy Buffett from the Album 34 Number Ones
- Ms. Jackson [Explicit] by OutKast from the Album Stankonia [Explicit]
- Jackson by Johnny Cash with June Carter Cash from the Album The Essential Johnny Cash
- Miss Jackson (feat. Lolo) by Panic! At The Disco from the Album Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!
- As She's Walking Away (Feat. Alan Jackson) by Zac Brown Band from the Album As She's Walking Away (Feat. Alan Jackson)
- Miss Jackson (feat. Lolo) by Panic! At The Disco from the Album Miss Jackson (feat. Lolo)
- Rainy Sunday (feat. Paul Jackson Jr.) by Ben Tankard from the Album Full Tank 2.0
Books about Jackson:
- Jackson and the Big Blue Boots - Oct 14, 2009 by Mary Jane Kooiman
- Jackson - Jun 17, 2014 by Ralph K. Andrist
- Classical Electrodynamics Third Edition - Aug 10, 1998 by John David Jackson
- Close to Home - Feb 24, 2015 by Lisa Jackson
- Jacksonland: President Andrew Jackson, Cherokee Chief John Ross, and a Great American Land Grab - May 19, 2015 by Steve Inskeep
- Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading (Charlie Joe Jackson Series) - May 8, 2012 by Tommy Greenwald and J. P. Coovert
- One Night with the Wealthy Rancher: Billionaire, M.D. (Bestselling Author Collection) - Jul 28, 2015 by Brenda Jackson and Olivia Gates
- Drowning to Breathe (Bleeding Stars Book 2) - Sep 15, 2015 by A.L. Jackson
- Jackson (Behind the Stars Book 4) - Dec 7, 2014 by Leigh Talbert Moore and Steven Novak
- Jackson: The Sons of Dusty Walker - Apr 29, 2015 by Randi Alexander
Movies about Jackson:
- Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters2013 PG CC
- Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief2010 PG CC
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters: Extended Preview2013 Unrated CC
- Music Box Biographical Collection: Michael Jackson2015 NR CC
- Off Jackson Avenue (English Subtitled)2008 NR CC
- Jackson 5ive Season 1 [HD]1971 CC
- Michael Jackson: A Tribute2010 NR CC
- Michael Jackson: The Secrets Of A Legend2012 NR CC
- Percy Jackson & The Olympians: Making a Scene Featurette2010 NR CC
- Mugshots: Michael Jackson2013 NR CC
Famous about Jackson:
- Jackson Pollock - painter
- Jackson Stewart - character in Hannah Montana
- Jackson Browne - singer
- Jackson Latcherie - character in Steel Magnolias
- Jackson Rathbone - actor
Wiki information Jackson:
- Michael Jackson
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Celebrity, Record Producer, Family member, Film producer, Composer, Film actor, TV Actor, Quotation Subject, Award Winner
Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009) was an American recording artist, dancer, singer-songwriter, musician, and philanthropist. Referred to as the King of Pop, Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time...
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Airport, Namesake, Location, Transport terminus
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, known locally as Atlanta Airport, Hartsfield, or Hartsfield–Jackson, is located seven miles south of the central business district of Atlanta, Georgia, United States. It has been the world's busiest...
- City/Town/Village, Employer, Namesake, HUD Foreclosure Area, Capital of administrative division, Location, Travel destination, Statistical region, Governmental Jurisdiction, HUD County Place
Jackson is the capital of and the largest city in the state of Mississippi. It is located on the Pearl River, which drains into the Gulf of Mexico, and it is part of the Jackson Prairie region of the state. The city is named after General Andrew...
- The Jackson 5
- Rhythm and blues Artist, Musical Artist, Broadcast Artist, Author, Award Winner, Musical Group, Literature Subject, TV subject, Lyricist, Composer
The Jackson 5 or Jackson Five; later known as The Jacksons was an American popular music family group from Gary, Indiana. Formed in 1964 under the name the Jackson Brothers, the founding members were Jackie, Tito and Jermaine. Marlon and Michael...
- Stonewall Jackson
- Military Commander, Military Person, Organization founder, Identity, Name source, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Person, Art Subject
Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson was a Confederate general during the American Civil War, and the best-known Confederate commander after General Robert E. Lee. His military career includes the Valley Campaign of 1862 and his service as a corps...
- Jesse Jackson
- Politician, Musical Artist, Author, Featured artist, Organization founder, Topic, Award Nominee, Award Winner, Person, Film actor
Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr. is an American civil rights activist, Baptist minister, and politician. He was a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 1984 and 1988 and served as a shadow U.S. Senator for the District of Columbia from 1991...
- Andrew Jackson
- US President, Topic, Public figure with medical condition, Appointer, Identity, Name source, Film subject, Person Or Being In Fiction, Deceased Person, Politician
Andrew Jackson was the seventh President of the United States. He was born near the end of the colonial era, somewhere near the then-unmarked border between North and South Carolina, into a recently immigrated Scots-Irish farming family of relatively...
- 50 Cent
- Gangsta rap Artist, Celebrity, Musician, Award Winner, Measured person, Author, TV Actor, TV Producer, TV Personality, Film writer
Curtis James Jackson III, better known by his stage name 50 Cent, is an American rapper, singer, entrepreneur, investor and actor from New York City. Born in the South Jamaica neighborhood of the borough of Queens, Jackson began selling drugs at age...
- Jackson Guitars
- Musical instrument company, Organization, Business Operation, Guitar, Employer
Jackson is a manufacturer of electric guitars and bass guitars that bears the name of its founder, Grover Jackson.
- City/Town/Village, HUD County Place, HUD Foreclosure Area, Statistical region, Capital of administrative division, Location, Dated location
Jackson is the county seat of Madison County, Tennessee. Located 70 miles east of Memphis, it has long been associated with the large city in trade. Its total population was 65,211 at the 2010 census and 67,265 in the 2012 Census estimate. Jackson is...