Meaning : Supplanter, Meaning "Yahweh may protect" Jakob is closely related to one of the Biblical twin sons of Isaac and Rebecca., He Who Grasps The Heel,
Pronunciation : (Yah-kawp), YAH-kawp (German), YAH-kob (Danish) , YAH kub,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Jakob:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Jakob:
- Jacob is a name with Hebrew origins. The name Jacob means supplanter. Common alternate spellings of Jacob are Jakob and Yakov. Common nicknames include Jake, Coby, and Yaki. Famous Jacobs include Jacob (then Israel) in the Bible’s Book of Genesis. Jacob is also a prophet from the The Book of Mormon from the Church of Latter Day Saints. Jacob of Alexandria was the patriarch from in the early 1860s. Jacob Hubner was a German entomologist and Jacob Miller was a Jamaican reggae singer. A fictional Jacob includes Jacob on the television series Lost. WikiName.net users who like the name Jacob also like names that are traditional and old-fashioned. They also like names from the Bible.
- Jakob, also seen spelt Jakub, can be seen as a Czech, Polish or Slovakian take on the Hebrew name Jacob. The Hebrew translation of the Name Jacob is ‘He who Grasps The Heel’. In the bible, Jacob was an ancestor of the tribes of Israel.
- Danish Meaning: The name Jakob is a Danish baby name. In Danish the meaning of the name Jakob is:
- German Meaning: The name Jakob is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Jakob is:
- American Meaning: The name Jakob is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Jakob is:
- Scandinavian Meaning: The name Jakob is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Jakob is: Supplanter.
- Swedish Meaning: The name Jakob is a Swedish baby name. In Swedish the meaning of the name Jakob is: Supplanter.
- Cognate of JACOB (or JAMES).
Definition funny of Jakob:
- " Dude, I hung out woth Jakob last night, he is just as awesome as you said." "Jakob totally owned that douchebag in class the other day, and stole his girlfriend." "Jakob explained the meaning of life last night, and made me a Nutella Baconsandwich. He is so cool."
- Jakob is such an amazing guy. I couldn't be more in love. Just the way he kisses is unbelievable. There's nobody in the world I'll ever love like I love him.
- Jakob are you a Jakobatron? Man that Jakob is so sniggley! Jakob is scrumptious!
- Wow, I wish I could go talk to that Jakob some more.
- Girls: Oh my god, Jakob hugged me today and it was so lovely! He's like my best friends and I tell him everything. i love him!
- He's such a Jakob. I wish I was as cool as him.
- Jakob is perfect.
Expression information Jakob:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Jakob:
- People with this name have a deep inner need for quiet, and a desire to understand and analyze the world they live in, and to learn the deeper truths.
Songs about Jakob:
- Jacob Dumb - Munly & the Lee Lewis Harlots
- Jacob Marley's Chain - Aimee Mann
- Jacob's Ladder - Huey Lewis And The News
- Jacob's Ladder - Patrick Wolf
- Jacob's Ladder - Rush
- Wake Up Jacob - Harry Belafonte
- Whistle (Jakob Lido Remix) by Flo Rida from the Album Whistle (Remixes)
- Alive (Jakob Liedholm Remix) by Krewella from the Album Play Harder Remix EP
- See You In The Spring (Duet With Jakob Dylan) by Court Yard Hounds from the Album Court Yard Hounds
- Stitches (feat. Jakob Dylan) by Crystal Bowersox from the Album All That For This
Books about Jakob:
- Sines - Oct 28, 2014 by Jakob
- Jakob von Gunten (New York Review Books Classics) - Sep 30, 1999 by Robert Walser and Christopher Middleton
- A Foray into the Worlds of Animals and Humans: with A Theory of Meaning (Posthumanities) - Nov 1, 2010 by Jakob von Uexküll and Joseph D. ONeil
- Mobile Usability - Oct 20, 2012 by Jakob Nielsen and Raluca Budiu
- Designing Web Usability - Dec 30, 1999 by Jakob Nielsen
- Jakob Der Luegner (German Edition) - Jan 1, 2008 by Becker
- Genius of the Transcendent: Mystical Writings of Jakob Boehme - May 11, 2010 by Jakob Boehme and Jeff Bach
- Animal Behavior: Mechanisms, Ecology, Evolution - Jul 17, 2001 by Lee Drickamer and Stephen Vessey
- The Bee Book - Jul 29, 2014 by Jakob Streit and Jesus Gaban
- The Diary of a Napoleonic Foot Soldier - Feb 1, 1993 by Jakob Walter and Marc Raeff
Movies about Jakob:
- Jakob The Liar1999 PG-13 CC
- Under Jakob's Ladder2015 NR CC
- Robin Williams Double Feature - Jakob the Liar/Moscow on the Hudson2015 R
- Jakob the Liar1999 PG-13
- Under Jakob's Ladder2011 Unrated
- Submarino (Import Movie) (European Format - Zone 2) (2010) Jakob Cedergren; Peter Plaugborg; Thomas Vinterberg2011 Unrated
- Alle Abbildungen des Lehrbuchs "Einführung in die Technische Chemie": von Arno Behr, David W. Agar und Jakob Jörissen2010
- Jakob der Lügner1999 Unrated
- Jakob, der Luegner1974
- Jakobs Bruder2008 Unrated
Wiki information Jakob:
- Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease
- ICD-9-CM Classification, Infectious Disease, Disease or medical condition, Cause Of Death
Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease or CJD is a degenerative neurological disorder that is incurable and invariably fatal. CJD is at times called a human form of mad cow disease. However, given that BSE is believed to be the cause of variant Creutzfeldt–Jakob...
- Jakob Dylan
- Alternative Artist, Guitarist, Film actor, Identity, Celebrity, Musical Artist, Award Winner, Measured person, Social network user, Lyricist
Jakob Luke Dylan is an American singer and songwriter who rose to fame as the lead singer and songwriter for the rock band The Wallflowers, with which he has released six albums since 1992. Dylan is the primary songwriter for The Wallflowers and is...
- St. Jakob-Park
- Venue, Sports Facility, Structure, Project focus, Location
St. Jakob Park is a Swiss sports stadium in Basel. It is the largest football venue in Switzerland and home to FC Basel. "Joggeli", as the venue is nicknamed by the locals, was originally built with a capacity of 33,433 seats. The capacity was...
- Post-rock Artist, Social network user, Musical Group, Musical Artist
Jakob is a New Zealand post-rock band, based in the Hawkes Bay city of Napier. The band consists of guitarist Jeff Boyle, bassist Maurice Beckett, and drummer Jason Johnston. They have been compared to such bands as Mogwai, Sonic Youth, and High...
- Jakob Böhme
- , , Person, Deceased Person, Author, Influence Node
Jakob Böhme was a German Christian mystic and theologian. He is considered an original thinker within the Lutheran tradition, and his first book, commonly known as Aurora, caused a great scandal. In contemporary English, his name may be spelled Jacob...
- Jacob Grimm
- Film writer, Name source, Musician, Topic, Influence Node, Film story contributor, Person Or Being In Fiction, Person, Deceased Person, Fictional Character Creator
Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm was a German philologist, jurist and mythologist. He is known as the discoverer of Grimm's law, the author of the monumental Deutsches Wörterbuch, the author of Deutsche Mythologie and, more popularly, as one of the Brothers...
- Jakob Hlasek
- Measured person, Tennis Tournament Champion, Person, Athlete, Tennis Player, Olympic athlete
Jakob Hlasek is a former professional tennis player from Switzerland.
- Jakob Fugger
- Banker, Person, Deceased Person
Jakob Fugger of the Lily, also known as Jakob Fugger the Rich or sometimes Jakob II, was a major merchant, mining entrepreneur and banker of Europe. He was a descendant of the Fugger merchant family located in the Free Imperial City of Augsburg,...
- Jakob Fuglsang
- Professional Road Racing Cyclist, Athlete, Measured person, Olympic athlete, Person, Cyclist
Jakob Diemer Fuglsang is a Danish professional racing cyclist for UCI ProTeam Astana. Before turning professional for Team Saxo Bank, he was a mountain biker racing for Team Cannondale-Vredestein. He has won the U23 World Cup. He got his contract...
- Jakob Nielsen
- Author, Name source, Person
Jakob Nielsen is a web usability consultant. He holds a Ph.D. in human–computer interaction from the Technical University of Denmark in Copenhagen.