Meaning : God has given, Jane is a form of the name John. It means 'Yahweh is gracious' or 'Yahweh is merciful'. Jane is more commonly used as a feminine name., God is Gracious, God Is Gracious,
Pronunciation : JAYN , (JEYN), jayn,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Jane:
- Name Number: 3. Meaning: Communication, Interaction, Friendship, Joy, Lightness, Humor, Art, Positivity, Optimism
Additional information Jane:
- Jane was originally a feminine form of John. Name links include Jane Fonda and Jane Seymour (US actresses).
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Jane is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Jane is: Gift from God.
- American Meaning: The name Jane is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Jane is: Gift from God.
- English Meaning: The name Jane is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Jane is: Jehovah has been gracious. A Feminine form of John.. From the Old French Jehane. Famous Bearers: British novelist Jane Austen (1775-1817) and American actress Jayne Mansfield.
- Medieval English form of Jehanne, an Old French feminine form of Iohannes (see JOHN). This became the most common feminine form of John in the 17th century, surpassing Joan. Famous bearers include the uncrowned English queen Lady Jane Grey (1536-1554), who ruled for only 9 days, the British novelist Jane Austen (1775-1817), who wrote 'Sense and Sensibility' and 'Pride and Prejudice', and the British primatologist Jane Goodall (1934-). This was also the name of the central character in Charlotte Bronte's novel 'Jane Eyre' (1847).
Definition funny of Jane:
- guy: "that jane aint no plain" girl: "dammit i wish my name was jane." dude: "hey man light the jane and pass it" other dude: "man do i love smokin the jane"
- 1. Damn, Jane is so hot even in that boring sweatshirt 2. Dude, I'm pickin up an ounce of Jane this weekend. 3. (Lady Jane, Sweet Jane, Baby Jane)
- Guy: Look at that hot Jane over there. I'm gonna go ask her out. Other Guy: Not if I get there first.
- Everyone else: "Jane, your pictures are so pretty, you are so going to be a model. Every night I pray to God that I'll wake up and look like you." Dan: (sigh) "That girl's smile could brighten anyone's day!"
- Any girl named Jane
- boy: im braking up with you girl: ah! why? (sobs quietly) boy: because im in love with Jane girl: oh. i understand. she is perfect in everyway
- All the Janes in my life have their babies in three pushes and leave the hosptital wearing their size 3 jeans. This Jane in my neighborhood always has homemade cookies and fresh-squeezed lemonade for snacks as opposed to my packaged Goldfish and juice boxes. "That's fabulous! I can't wait to get their files!" exclaimed the Jane in the office next door genuinely as she took on three extra clients in addition to her already packed 80 hour work week.
Expression information Jane:
- People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money.
Soul information Jane:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Jane:
Books about Jane:
- Jane Eyre - Nov 29, 2014 by Charlotte Bronte
- Jane - Sep 5, 2011 by April Lindner
- Me . . . Jane - Apr 5, 2011 by Patrick McDonnell
- Re Jane: A Novel - May 5, 2015 by Patricia Park
- Jane: The Woman Who Loved Tarzan - Sep 18, 2012 by Robin Maxwell
- Extraordinary Jane - Feb 6, 2014 by Hannah E. Harrison
- Jane - Feb 11, 2015 by Michelle N. Onuorah
- Jane: A Murder (Soft Skull ShortLit) - Mar 2, 2005 by Maggie Nelson
- SuperBetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver and More Resilient--Powered by the... - Sep 15, 2015 by Jane McGonigal
- Entwined: Jane in the Jungle (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle Book 1) - Dec 19, 2013 by Colette Gale
Movies about Jane:
- Citizen Jane2011 NR CC
- Jane Eyre - Digitally Remastered2009 NR CC
- Jane The Virgin, Season 12014 CC
- Jane Austen's Emma1997 NR CC
- Becoming Jane2007 PG CC
- The Jane Austen Book Club2007 PG-13 CC
- Jane Eyre2011 PG-13 CC
- Fun With Dick And Jane2005 PG-13 CC
- Pictures of Baby Jane Doe1995 R CC
- Calamity Jane1953 NR CC
Wiki information Jane:
- Jane Austen
- Novelist, Author, Person Or Being In Fiction, Topic, Literature Subject, Influence Node, Name source, Film subject, Topic, Identity
Jane Austen was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature. Her realism, biting irony and social commentary as well as her...
- John Doe
- Film character, Fictional Character
The names "John Doe" or "John Roe" for men, "Jane Doe" or "Jane Roe" for women, or "Johnnie Doe" and "Janie Doe" for children, or just "Doe" non-gender-specifically are used as placeholder names for a party whose true identity is unknown or must be...
- Jane Fonda
- Actor, Celebrity, TV Producer, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Public figure with medical condition, Musical Artist, TV Personality, Measured person, Film producer
Jane Fonda is an American actress, writer, political activist, former fashion model and fitness guru. She is a two-time Academy Award winner. In 2014, she was the recipient of the American Film Institute AFI Life Achievement Award. Fonda made her...
- Jane Goodall
- Name source, Person, Public figure with medical condition, Organization founder, Topic, Topic, Award Winner, TV program guest, Author, Academic
Dame Jane Morris Goodall, DBE is an English primatologist, ethologist, anthropologist, and UN Messenger of Peace. Considered to be the world's foremost expert on chimpanzees, Goodall is best known for her 55-year study of social and family...
- Jane Addams
- Deceased Person, Physician, Organization member, Award Winner, Building Occupant, Literature Subject, Name source, Identity, Public figure with medical condition, Organization founder
Jane Addams was a pioneer American settlement social worker, public philosopher, sociologist, author, and leader in women's suffrage and world peace. In an era when presidents such as Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson identified themselves as...
- Jane Porter
- Fictional Character, Film character, Theater Character
Jane Porter is a major character in Edgar Rice Burroughs's series of Tarzan novels, and in adaptations of the saga to other media, particularly film.
- Lady Jane Grey
- Art Subject, Family member, Deceased Person, Author, Person, Film subject, Literature Subject, Noble person, Monarch
Lady Jane Grey, also known as Lady Jane Dudley or The Nine Day Queen, was an English noblewoman and de facto monarch of England from 10 July until 19 July 1553. The great-granddaughter of Henry VII through his younger daughter Mary, Jane was a first...
- Jane Seymour
- Name source, Noble person, Deceased Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Family member, Person
Jane Seymour was Queen of England from 1536 to 1537 as the third wife of King Henry VIII. She succeeded Anne Boleyn as queen consort following the latter's execution for high treason, incest and adultery in May 1536. She died of postnatal...
- Jane Seymour
- Actor, TV Actor, Film producer, Person or entity appearing in film, Identity, Influence Node, Award Winner, TV Personality, Award Nominee, Author
Jane Seymour, OBE is a British-American actress best known for her performances in the James Bond film Live and Let Die, Somewhere In Time, East of Eden, Onassis: The Richest Man in the World, War and Remembrance, the 1989 political thriller La...
- Calamity Jane
- Person, Person Or Being In Fiction, Author, Deceased Person
Martha Jane Canary or Cannary, better known as Calamity Jane, was an American frontierswoman and professional scout, known for her claim of being an acquaintance of Wild Bill Hickok, and fighting for Indians. Late in her life, she appeared in Buffalo...