Meaning : God Is Salvation, God is salvation, God is Salvation, A biblical name meaning 'Yahweh (God) is salvation'.,
Pronunciation : JAH-shə-wə (English), JAW-shwə (English) , JOH shoo ah, (JHAASHuwah),
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Joshua:
- Name Number: 2. Meaning: Partnership, Sense, Other, Passive, Assistance, Acceptance, Intimacy, Peace
Additional information Joshua:
- Borne in the Bible by the Israelite leader who took command of the Children of Israel after the death of Moses and led the after many battles, to take possession of the Promised Land. The name, long favoured by Jews and Nonconformist Christians, enjoyed a great surge in popularity in the 1990s. Well known bearers of the name include American-born violinist Joshua Bell and actor Joshua Hartnett.
- Biblical Meaning: The name Joshua is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Joshua is: A savior; a deliverer.
- American Meaning: The name Joshua is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Joshua is: A savior; a deliverer.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Joshua is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Joshua is: Jehovah is generous. Jehovah saves. In the Old Testament, Joshua was chosen to succeed Moses as leader of the Israelites for their journey to the Promised Land.
- Like most of the top boy names, Joshua’s roots are in the Bible. He was one of the 12 spies Moses sent into Canaan, eventually succeeding Moses and leading the Israelites into the Promised Land. Since it’s a Hebrew name, most Joshuas born before the seventeenth century and the Protestant Reformation were Jewish. Interestingly enough, though, the name Jesus is derived from Joshua’s Hebrew form. After moseying along in the mid-hundreds for almost a century, Joshua blasted up the charts from the ’60s (average ranking 336) to the ’70s (24). It continued to rise and has been in the top 10 for more than a decade now. Though Joshua is still ranked as highly as it was during its peak in the ’80s, today about half as many baby boys are actually receiving the name -- since so many more names are being used in general, having one that’s highly ranked isn’t quite as likely to lead to a classroom full of peers answering to the same name.
- From the Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshu'a) meaning "YAHWEH is salvation". Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent into Canaan by Moses, as told in the Old Testament. After Moses died Joshua succeeded him as leader of the Israelites. As an English name, Joshua has been in use since the Protestant Reformation. The name Jesus comes from a Greek translation of the Aramaic short form יֵשׁוּעַ (Yeshu'a), which was the real name of Jesus.
Definition funny of Joshua:
- My boyfriend is an absolute Joshua.
- Girl: wow he's such a Joshua Girl 2: i know i am lucky to have him.
- Girl1: Joshua just said the F word! Girl2: He must be really mad! Joshua: I love you more! Joshua's Girlfriend: No, I love you more! Spectator1: How long have they been at that?! Spectator2: 45 minutes, but don't worry, Joshua always wins.
- Wow that guy is such a joshua.
- Damn! That mathlete is so hot, he must be a Joshua!
- Do you still date Joshua? Duhhhhhh
- Joshua i wanna spend the rest of my life with you.
Expression information Joshua:
- People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless.
Soul information Joshua:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to use their abilities in leadership, and to have personal independence. They would rather focus on large, important issues, and delegate the details.
Songs about Joshua:
- Mi Mancherai (Il Postino) [feat. Joshua Bell] by Josh Groban from the Album Closer (U.S. Version)
- Mi Mancherai (Il Postino) [feat. Joshua Bell] by Josh Groban from the Album The Josh Groban Collection
- Kingdom Come (feat. David Binion, Nicole Binion & Joshua Dufrene) [Live] by Covenant Worship from the Album Kingdom [Live]
- More, Holy Spirit (feat. Joshua Dufrene, David Binion, Colin Edge & Nicole Binion) [Live] by Covenant Worship from the Album Kingdom [Live]
- Everybody Clap Your Hands (Db) [Originally Performed by Joshua's Troop] (Karaoke Version) by Fruition Music Inc. from the Album Instrumental Gospel Tracks, Vol. 4
- Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho by Tom Verlaine from the Album Pioneers For A Cure - American Songs To Fight Cancer
- Everybody Clap Your Hands (Low Key) [Joshua's Troop] [Instrumental Track] by Fruition Music Inc from the Album Instrumental Gospel Tracks Vol. 14
- Joshua Fought The Battle Of Jericho by Veggie Tales (Veggie Tunes) from the Album 25 Favorite Sunday School Songs
- Joshua Fit the Battle by Elvis Presley from the Album Peace In The Valley - The Complete Gospel Recordings
- Joshua by Dolly Parton from the Album Ultimate Dolly Parton
Books about Joshua:
- Joshua: A Parable for Today - Apr 1, 1995 by Joseph F. Girzone
- Joshua: A Brooklyn Tale - Feb 26, 2015 by Andrew Kane
- Joshua: The Power of God's Promises (Lifeguide Bible Studies) - Feb 22, 1999 by Donald Baker
- Joshua: Mighty Warrior and Man of Faith - Jan 9, 1992 by W. Phillip Keller
- Joshua in a Troubled World: A Story for Our Time - Jun 20, 2006 by Joseph F. Girzone
- Joshua (Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries) - Nov 10, 2008 by Richard S. Hess
- Joshua: People of God's Purpose (Preaching the Word) - Feb 28, 2014 by David Jackman and R. Kent Hughes
- Joshua and the Flow of Biblical History - Jan 8, 2004 by Francis A. Schaeffer and Udo W. Middelmann
- Be Strong (Joshua): Putting God's Power to Work in Your Life (The BE Series Commentary) - Mar 1, 2010 by Warren W. Wiersbe
- The Parables of Joshua - Sep 17, 2002 by Joseph F. Girzone
Movies about Joshua:
- Bringing Joshua Home2013 NR CC
- Tchaikovsky, Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 35 - Joshua Bell, Sakari Oramo, Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra...2015 G
- Joshua2002 G CC
- Joshua2009 R CC
- Nature Parks JOSHUA TREE California2007 NR CC
- Nature Wonders JOSHUA TREE U.S.A.2007 NR CC
- A Portrait of James Dean: Joshua Tree, 19512013 NR CC
- Joshua Tree2015 NR
- Joshua2001 G
- Dawson's Creek - The Series Finale1998 NR
Famous about Joshua:
- Joshua Jackson - actor
- Joshua “Josh” Groban - singer
- Joshua “Josh” Duhamel - actor
- Joshua “Josh” Hartnett - actor
- Joshua Allen - reality star
Wiki information Joshua:
- Book of Joshua
- Book, Written Work, Religious Text
The Book of Joshua or Book of Jehoshua is the sixth book in the Hebrew Bible and the Christian Old Testament. Its 24 chapters tell of the entry of the Israelites into Canaan, their conquest and division of the land under the leadership of Joshua, and...
- Person Or Being In Fiction, Theater Character, Deceased Person, Religious Leader, Person, Fictional Character
Joshua or Jehoshua, is a figure in the Torah, being one of the spies for Israel and identified in several passages as Moses' assistant. He is the central character in the Hebrew Bible's Book of Joshua. According to the books Exodus, Numbers and...
- Joshua Reynolds
- Painting Artist, Author, Politician, Visual Artist, Organization member, Influence Node, Person, Organization leader, Organization founder, Art Subject
Sir Joshua Reynolds PRA FRS FRSA was an influential eighteenth-century English painter, specialising in portraits. He promoted the "Grand Style" in painting which depended on idealization of the imperfect. He was a founder and first president of the...
- Yucca brevifolia
- Biological Species, Organism Classification, Identity
Yucca brevifolia is a plant species belonging to the genus Yucca. It is tree-like in habit, which is reflected in its common names: Joshua tree, yucca palm, tree yucca, and palm tree yucca. This monocotyledonous tree is native to southwestern North...
- Joshua Jackson
- Actor, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, Film actor, Film producer, TV Director, Award Nominee, Person, TV Actor, Award Winner
Joshua Browning Carter Jackson is a Canadian-American actor. He has appeared in primetime television and in over 32 film roles. His well known roles include Pacey Witter in Dawson's Creek, Charlie Conway in The Mighty Ducks film series, Peter Bishop...
- HUD Foreclosure Area, Location, Statistical region, HUD County Place, City/Town/Village, Dated location
Joshua is a city in Johnson County, Texas, United States. The population was 5,910 at the 2010 census.
- Joshua Tree National Park
- National park, Tourist attraction, Location, Dated location, Filming location, Protected Site
Joshua Tree National Park is located in southeastern California. Declared a U.S. National Park in 1994 when the U.S. Congress passed the California Desert Protection Act, it had previously been a U.S. National Monument since 1936. It is named for the...
- Joshua Chamberlain
- Author, Person Or Being In Fiction, Name source, Person, Military Person, Politician, Deceased Person, Military Commander
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, born as Lawrence Joshua Chamberlain, was an American college professor from the State of Maine, who volunteered during the American Civil War to join the Union Army. Although having no earlier education in military...
- Joshua Homme
- Alternative Artist, Topic, Film producer, Featured artist, Recording Engineer, Lyricist, Composer, Person or entity appearing in film, Person, Musical Artist
Joshua Michael "Josh" Homme is an American musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor. He is the founder and only continuous member of the rock band Queens of the Stone Age, in which he sings and plays guitar, as...
- Joshua Bell
- Classical Artist, TV Actor, Award Nominee, Featured artist, Social network user, TV Personality, Identity, Person, Musical Artist, Composer
Joshua David Bell is an American violinist and conductor.