Meaning : Lily Flower, From the vocabulary refering to the flower of the same name. Symbolizes purity., White flower; purity,
Pronunciation : (LIHLiy), LIL-ee , LILL lee,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Lily:
- Name Number: 4. Meaning: Stability, Sameness, Regular, Rules, Condition, Responsibility, Routine, Frame, Detail, Order
Additional information Lily:
- Lily is a name with English origins. The meaning of the name Lily is lily flower. Two common variations of the name Lily are Lilly and Lillie. Nicknames include Lee, Lil, and Lee Lee. Famous people with the name Lily include singer Lily Allen and actress/comedienne Lily Tomlin. Models include Lily Aldridge, Lily Cole and Lily Donaldson. Characters with the name Lily include television shows: Lily Aldrin (How I Met Your Mother), Lily Munster (The Munsters), and Lily Pritchett-Tucker on (Modern Family). Lily Potter is Harry Potter’s mother in the series by the same name. People who like the name Lily like names that are feminine, English, or from nature.
- From the Old French word for the flower, regarded in many cultures as a symbol of purity. Commonly envisaged as being white, lilies in fact can occur in numerous colours. Famous bearers include Lily Allen (musician) and with her family name, Evangeline Lily (Lost).
- Greek Meaning: The name Lily is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Lily is: Lily.
- Hebrew Meaning: The name Lily is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Lily is: Lily.
- American Meaning: The name Lily is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Lily is: Lily.
- Latin Meaning: The name Lily is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Lily is: Lily (after the flower). Pure.
- English Meaning: The name Lily is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Lily is: Lily flower. Pure. The flower lily is a symbol of innocence; purity and beauty.
- Lily, a symbol of purity, is a comeback name in a couple of categories. As a name in its own right, it’s the leader of the flower-names-are-cool-again pack. And, as a nickname for Lillian, it’s right there with all the other grandma-revival names. (Lillian was huge in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century, while Lily was used, but nowhere near as frequently as today.) Lily’s been rising since the ’80s but really shot up in the ’00s to its current peak position. It’s also a favorite for celebs like Kate Beckinsale and Johnny Depp. Background info: Lily is derived from the Latin lilium, which has the same meaning (purity) but sounds kind of like an element on the period table to us. We’ll take Lily.
- From the name of the flower, a symbol of purity. The word is ultimately derived from Latin lilium.
Definition funny of Lily:
- - Wow!!! That person is so successful; she has a loving family, a well-paying career, and still manages to balance her social life!!! - I know! I believe that is what one would call a... Lily.
- Lily is so kick ass. Id tap that.
- Anjelica : Lily is a beautiful soul and is pure of heart . Rod : Yah, she's a pretty sly little fox too (wink , wink) Zac : Don't ever let a Lily slip away from your life .
- I miss Lily.
- In her wedding bunch she had a beautiful lily.
- All six of her boyfriends think she's lily...
- Joe: "oh. my. god." Oliver and Joe: "I call her!" Olliver and Joe: "No! I called her first!" Joe: "NO I DID." Oliver: "NO." Mysterious guy: "Damn guys you can't have her she's Lily!"
Expression information Lily:
- People with this name tend to be a powerful force to all whose lives they touch. They are capable, charismatic leaders who often undertake large endeavors with great success. They value truth, justice, and discipline, and may be quick-tempered with those who do not. If they fail to develop their potential, they may become impractical and rigid.
Soul information Lily:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability.
Songs about Lily:
Books about Lily:
- Lily (Suitors of Seattle Book 2) - Jun 24, 2013 by Kirsten Osbourne
- Lily the Little Princess - Sep 1, 2012 by Daniela Drescher
- Library Lily - Jun 8, 2011 by Gillian Shields and Francesca Chessa
- Lily the Unicorn - Apr 22, 2014 by Dallas Clayton
- Lately Lily: The Adventures of a Travelling Girl - Mar 25, 2014 by Micah Player
- Lily & Dolly Finger Puppet Book: My Best Friend & Me Finger Puppet Books - Aug 1, 2013 by Annelien Wejrmeijer and Deborah van de Liejgraaf
- Lily Lemon Blossom A Picture Perfect Play Day - Sep 12, 2012 by Barbara Miller and Inga Shalvashvili
- Here's Lily (The Lily Series) - Apr 30, 2012 by Nancy N. Rue
- Lily - Apr 1, 2013 by Holly Webb
- Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse - Jan 24, 2006 by Kevin Henkes
Movies about Lily:
- Backroads and Lilies2013 NR CC
- Lilies2007 CC
- Lilies of the Field1963 NR CC
- Lilies of the Field1963 NR
- Modern Family: Season 22010 PG-13
- Lily's Detroit2008 NR
- Lily & Kat2015 NR CC
- Lily In Love2008 NR CC
- Christmas Lilies of the Field2015 NR CC
- Poison Ivy / Poison Ivy 2: Lily / Poison Ivy: The New Seduction2006 Unrated
Famous about Lily:
- Lily Allen - British pop star and actress
- Lily Tomlin - actress and comedian
- Lilly Pulitzer - fashion designer
- Lily Aldrin - character in How I Met Your Mother
- Lily Taylor - actress
Infamous about Lily:
- Lily Cole - actress and nude model
Wiki information Lily:
- Lily Allen
- Alternative Artist, Musical Artist, Person, Lyricist, Influence Node, Composer, Ranked item, Social network user, Topic, Musician
Lily Rose Beatrice Cooper, known professionally as Lily Allen, is an English singer, songwriter, actress, and television presenter. She is the daughter of Keith Allen and film producer Alison Owen. Allen left school when she was 15 and concentrated...
- Biological Family, Organism Classification
The lily family, Liliaceae, consists of fifteen genera and approximately 600 species of flowering plants within the order Liliales. They are monocotyledonous, perennial, herbaceous, often bulbous geophytes. Plants in this family have evolved with a...
- Lily of the valley
- Biological Species, Organism Classification, Drug ingredient
Lily of the valley, sometimes written lily-of-the-valley, scientific name Convallaria majalis /ˌkɒnvəˈlɛəriə məˈdʒeɪlɨs/, is a sweetly scented, highly poisonous woodland flowering plant that is native throughout the cool temperate Northern Hemisphere...
- Lily Tomlin
- Actor, TV Writer, Musician, Person, Award Winner, Theater Actor, Film actor, Film producer, Influence Node, Person or entity appearing in film
Mary Jean "Lily" Tomlin is an American actress, comedian, writer, singer, and producer. Tomlin began her career as a stand-up comedian, and performing Off-Broadway during the 1960s. Her breakout role was performing as a cast member on the variety...
- Lily Collins
- Actor, Film actor, Topic, Public figure with medical condition, Person, Award Nominee, Ranked item, TV Actor, Award Winner
Lily Jane Collins is a British-American actress and model. She is best known for her roles in the films The Blind Side, Abduction, Stuck in Love and Mirror Mirror. She portrayed Clary Fray in the fantasy film adaptation The Mortal Instruments: City...
- Lily Winters
- TV Character, Fictional Character
Lily Amanda Ashby is a fictional character from the American CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless. Created by William J. Bell, the character appeared as a child for her first five-year period. In 2002, Christel Khalil began portraying Lily as a...
- Lily Aldridge
- Model, Person, Topic, Measured person
Lily Maud Aldridge is an American model. She is a Victoria's Secret Angel and a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue model, appearing as a rookie alongside Chrissy Tiegen and Nina Agdal for the cover of the issue's 50th anniversary.
- Lily Rabe
- Actor, Theater Actor, Influence Node, Film actor, TV Actor, Person, Topic, Award Nominee
Lily Rabe is an American actress. She is well known for playing Portia in the Shakespeare in the Park production of William Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, for which she received a nomination for the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play. Rabe...
- Lily Cole
- Actor, Theater Actor, Film actor, Identity, Person or entity appearing in film, TV Actor, Person
Lily Cole appeared in the Open Field documentary film.
- Lily James
- Actor, Musical Artist, Topic, Person, Film actor, Award Winner, TV Actor
Lily Chloe Ninette Thomson, better known by her stage name Lily James, is an English actress. She is best known for her role as Lady Rose MacClare in the period drama Downton Abbey and the title role in the 2015 Disney film Cinderella. James began...