Meaning : From the Lake Settlement, Derived from a surname that comes from the English city. Contains the elements lyn, which means 'lake' in Welsh and the Latin word 'colonia' which means 'settlement., From The Lake Settlement, Lake Settlement,
Origin : English,
Pronunciation : (LINKun), LINK on, LING-kən ,
If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below!
Numerology information Lincoln:
- Name Number: 7. Meaning: Inner, Thought, Mind, Psychology, Secret, Mystic, Strange, Study, Knowledge, Loneliness, Rest
Additional information Lincoln:
- The original city of Lincoln can be found in England, and it has now become a very popular forename all over the world. At first it was utilised as a surname to indicate families who came originally from the Lincoln, which started life as a Roman settlement many years ago.
- Celtic Meaning: The name Lincoln is a Celtic baby name. In Celtic the meaning of the name Lincoln is: From the settlement by the pool.
- American Meaning: The name Lincoln is an American baby name. In American the meaning of the name Lincoln is: From the settlement by the pool.
- English Meaning: The name Lincoln is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Lincoln is: Roman colony at the pool. Lakeside colony. The name of an early Roman settlement in England, used as both a surname and a first name. Famous Bearer: American president Abraham Lincoln.
- Latin Meaning: The name Lincoln is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Lincoln is: Lakeside colony. The name of an early Roman settlement in England.
- Shakespearean Meaning: The name Lincoln is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Lincoln is: King Henry the Eighth' Bishop of Lincoln.
- From a surname which was originally from the name of a city in England, derived from Brythonic lindo "lake, pool" and Latin colonia "colony". This name is usually given in honour of Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865), president of the United States during the American Civil War.
Definition funny of Lincoln:
- I just watched the movie The Machine Girl and im totally lincoln right now. The song lotion by the greenskeepers totally lincolned me the first time i saw it. We drank how much alcohol, man im totally lincoln right now.
- Jeff said "Don't get in that limo unless it a Lincoln"
- Your walking down the street and you explode because the person (obviously a lincoln) walking next to you is so awesome.
- All I get is lincolns for allowance
- Lincoln's a nice town, but it's a lot like most other small midwest cities
- man i gave that bitch a lincoln
- person 1 "What's Lincoln?" person 2 "I think its that place you drive through to get wayland." person 1 "I thought that was concord." person 2 "Nope. I think you hit lincoln for like 2 seconds"
Expression information Lincoln:
- People with this name are excellent at analyzing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.
Soul information Lincoln:
- People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated.
Songs about Lincoln:
- Abe Lincoln - Tim Wilson
- Margie's at the Lincoln Park Inn - Tom T. Hall, Bobby Bare
- Mr. Lincoln - Hank Williams Jr.
- Old Abe Lincoln - Hermes Nye
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airman from the Album Hot to Trot
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen from the Album Lost In The Ozone
- Heart Of A Champion (Album Version (Edited)) [feat. Lincoln University Vocal Ensemble] [Clean] by Nelly from the Album Sweat
- Hot Rod Lincoln by Charlie Ryan from the Album Hot Rod Lincoln
- Margie's at the Lincoln Park Inn by Bobby Bare from the Album The Essential Bobby Bare
- Heart Of A Champion (Album Version) [feat. Lincoln University Vocal Ensemble] [Clean] by Nelly from the Album Sweatsuit (Edited Version) [Clean]
Books about Lincoln:
- Lincoln - Nov 5, 1996 by David Herbert Donald
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln - Sep 26, 2006 by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Abraham Lincoln - May 17, 2012 by James Russell Lowell
- Lincoln: A Novel (The American Chronicle Series) - Feb 15, 2000 by Gore Vidal
- Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times - Feb 1, 1993 by Donald T. Phillips
- A. Lincoln: A Biography - May 4, 2010 by Ronald C. White Jr.
- The Wit and Wisdom of Abraham Lincoln: A Book of Quotations (Dover Thrift Editions) - Aug 8, 2005 by Abraham Lincoln and Bob Blaisdell
- Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever - Sep 1, 2015 by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
- The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War - Dec 2, 2003 by Thomas DiLorenzo
- Crimson Shore (Agent Pendergast series) - Nov 10, 2015 by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
Movies about Lincoln:
- Lincoln and Lee at Antietam - The Cost of Freedom2010 NR CC
- Lincoln2012 PG-13 CC
- The Lincoln Lawyer2011 R CC
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter2012 R CC
- Abraham Lincoln2012 NR CC
- Killing Lincoln2013 Unrated CC
- Abraham Lincoln (1930)2009 NR CC
- Lincoln At Gettysburg2007 NR CC
- Saving Lincoln2014 NR
- Abraham Lincoln NR CC
Wiki information Lincoln:
- Abraham Lincoln
- Name source, Dedicatee, U.S. Congressperson, Author, Politician, Deceased Person, Literature Subject, Film story contributor, Exhibition subject, Person
Abraham Lincoln /ˈeɪbrəhæm ˈlɪŋkən/ was the 16th President of the United States, serving from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. Lincoln led the United States through its Civil War—its bloodiest war and its greatest moral,...
- Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Film festival sponsor, Award Winner, Venue, Film screening venue, Award Presenting Organization, Award Nominee, Project focus, Nonprofit organization, Employer, Building complex
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is a 16.3-acre complex of buildings in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of Manhattan in New York City. Jed Bernstein began as president in 2014.
- City/Town/Village, Dated location, Location, Sports Team Location, Travel destination, Statistical region, HUD Foreclosure Area, Namesake, Newspaper circulation area, Organization scope
Lincoln /ˈlɪŋkən/ is the capital of the State of Nebraska and the second-most populous city in Nebraska. Lincoln is also the county seat of Lancaster County Lincoln is located in the southeastern part of Nebraska and is in the Lincoln metropolitan...
- Organization scope, Travel destination, Newspaper circulation area, Location, Administrative Division, UK statistical location, Statistical region, Dated location, City/Town/Village, English non-metropolitan district
Lincoln is a cathedral city and the county town of Lincolnshire, within the East Midlands of England. The non-metropolitan district of Lincoln has a 2012 population of 94,600. The 2011 census gave the entire urban area of Lincoln a population of...
- Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
- Literature Subject, Film subject, Event, Person, Quotation Source
United States President Abraham Lincoln was shot on Good Friday, April 14, 1865, while attending the play Our American Cousin at Ford's Theatre as the American Civil War was drawing to a close. The assassination occurred five days after the commander...
- Lincoln Motor Company
- Automotive industry Business, Employer, Organization, Award Winner, Automobile Make, Business Operation, Consumer company
The Lincoln Motor Company is a division of the Ford Motor Company that sells luxury vehicles under the Lincoln brand. While currently sold primarily in North America and the Middle East, Ford has introduced the Lincoln brand to China in April 2014...
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Land-grant university, College/University, Organization, Location, Organization member, Educational Institution Campus, Ranked item, Employer, TV station owner, Endowed Organization
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln, often referred to as Nebraska, UNL or NU, is a public research university located in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. It is the state's oldest and largest university and the flagship university of the University...
- Lincoln City F.C.
- Football team, Award Nominee, Employer, Sports Team, Organization
Lincoln City Football Club is an English professional football club based in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. The team participates in the National League, the fifth tier of English football. The club plays at the 10,120-capacity Sincil Bank, and are nicknamed...
- Literature Subject, Government, Military unit place of origin, US State, Newspaper circulation area, Statistical region, Identity, Organization scope, Flag referent, Location
Illinois is a state in the Midwestern United States. It is the 5th most populous state and 25th largest state in terms of land area, and is often noted as a microcosm of the entire country. With Chicago in the northeast, small industrial cities and...
- Lincoln University
- Location, Business Operation, Employer, Educational Institution, Organization, Endowed Organization, College/University, Nonprofit organization, Educational Institution Campus
The Lincoln University is the United States' first degree-granting historically black university. Founded as a private university in 1854, since 1972 it has been a public institution. It is located near the town of Oxford in southern Chester County,...